Top Gun May 07 - May 09 (Season 1)

Options

Comments

• daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    meant to say, I'm reshielded in case anyone sees me.
  • Unknown
    Options
    datKrow wrote:
    x7bitwCl.jpg

Four S.H.I.E.L.D members in this bracket with Twysta hiding below somewhere.

I am convinced that bracket joining was changed in some way.

Urgh I'm in that bracket. 1000pts and I barely made #15. -.-
  • Unknown
    Options
    Shielded past 1000. I do not need any of the top 10 prizes though, so I will probably not break again before this ends.

Might as well enter Rags tourney now too. That should be a nice little ISO churner to feed Über Daken.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Shielded just under 800. Anyone with a 2* max team reach any higher?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Sweenz wrote:

900 is about the highest i've seen ** thor/obw (assume they're desert farming).
  • Unknown
    Options
    sms4002 wrote:
    finwe wrote:
    There is 5 hours difference between 5 pm EST and 6 pm CET, I can't belive that a bracket of 500 fills so slow. Also I'm only at 500 points with a 130+ team and getting hammered with attacks of 141 teams.

I wish they would stop tempering with MMR scoring and whatever mid season and mid events. This is frustrating as hell.

See this is what I am wondering. everyone saying they noticed their brackets fill so slow might be just because it's trying to fill brackets based on MMR now. I don't think THAT many people are skipping the falcon tourney especially this far into it(<a day left). It doesn't tell you when its full anymore so maybe it's because it's more dynamic. This would be a HORRIBLE idea first off, but second off if they did it secretly that's even worse. I think I will use one of my alt steam accounts and join a bracket the same time as I do next time and report back.

I'm suspecting the same and also got out my old steam account to test it ^^ Will see on Sunday.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    daveomite wrote:
    sms4002 wrote:
    daveomite wrote:
    beemand2g wrote:
    lol you guys just joined the bracket at the same time before it filled. if it was mmr based I would see Reckless every pvp. Instead I seem to avoid all the big hitters apart from the last god of lies event.

That would mean that at least 20-40 forumers all joined in roughly the same time. Most likely more than that, just mean the top 10/20 is about all anyone can actually see in the standings.

I think there is more than just one bracket like that...obviously, we know there are at least two right now. The odds of that have got to be pretty high I'd think.

Sauce...you are actually in one of my nodes, the other two, not so sure about.

eek! don't hurt me! lol I should be shielded most of the time except two little pushes in between. One of which is in about 30 min.

oh, no worries....I was just letting you know you were in one of my nodes ... no target on ya, lol. I just snuck out of shield for a match to finally get over 1k. Barely in the top 12, lol. That'll last maybe a few minutes

Sorry if i'm late to the party but OMFG our bracket is insane. I'm at 997 just under you daveomite. Could use the patches unlike most, but I guess I won't be getting more than 2.
  • daveomite
    Options
    bloodwars wrote:
    Sweenz wrote:

900 is about the highest i've seen ** thor/obw (assume they're desert farming).

My highest is Torch at 115. Paired with OBW/85 and Falcon/53, which he's boosted to 80. I'm at 1027 points right now.
  • Unknown
    Options
    if goku is around, or someone from shield, ask him how high he'd like me to push please icon_e_wink.gif i don't mean to hold him back if shield needs some points.
  • daveomite
    Options
    mohio wrote:
    Sorry if i'm late to the party but OMFG our bracket is insane. I'm at 997 just under you daveomite. Could use the patches unlike most, but I guess I won't be getting more than 2.

Yeah ..kinda nuts. Lol. Looks like at least the top 16 now over 1k or so. Haven't seen a bracket quite like this one before...

If you see me in a node mohio...feel free. Shielded for now. May try one more time before end, but depends on placement.
  • Unknown
    Options
    hit 1000 and did a panic shield and still 17 point out of 10th. if anyone sees ender2851, i would happily take a retreat to help bust me into top ten for last Yellow cover icon_e_smile.gif
  • elusive
    elusive Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm at 900 or so points and at this point, I'll be lucky to crack top 50. The amount of competition is insane.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    daveomite wrote:
    mohio wrote:

Yeah ..kinda nuts. Lol. Looks like at least the top 16 now over 1k or so. Haven't seen a bracket quite like this one before...

If you see me in a node mohio...feel free. Shielded for now. May try one more time before end, but depends on placement.

Saw you earlier, but you were around 950 like me and figured you were climbing so didn't want to hit you. My patch is 3/0/2 so at least the red will help, probably won't push for the yellow unless it's like 2 big matches away.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I must be in a low bracket. ~~knocks on wood~~

For the first time ever, I hit 1st Place in my bracket last night. Pushed a little further (633), and another first for me was shielding. I am now 2nd. With one guy ahead of me at 685 unshielded. There were 2 ahead me earlier, but I guess one got attacked back to 3rd.

I really want the 1st place spot. It would be awesome to finally hit that kind of reward. Any suggestions on when to unshield and push?
  • daveomite
    Options
    mohio wrote:
    daveomite wrote:
    mohio wrote:

Saw you earlier, but you were around 950 like me and figured you were climbing so didn't want to hit you. My patch is 3/0/2 so at least the red will help, probably won't push for the yellow unless it's like 2 big matches away.

my poor patch... I just pulled my very first patch cover a few weeks ago, a yellow. So, my one cover patch could at least use a red, lol

Oh...and thanks for the pass...think I was climbing around then. Wound up camping out at 999 shielded for a while, broke/matched/shielded again.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Sweenz wrote:

Shielded at 950, running 85 OBW/85 A.Wolverine/64 Falcon (boosted to 96)
    I wasn't being hit too much until the 700-800, I guess the leveled Falcon made some fellow 2*s skip, but after 700 I was pretty much shark food. Had to grind for a while and avoid any retal war.
  • daveomite
    Options

For the first time ever, I hit 1st Place in my bracket last night. Pushed a little further (633), and another first for me was shielding. I am now 2nd. With one guy ahead of me at 685 unshielded. There were 2 ahead me earlier, but I guess one got attacked back to 3rd.

I really want the 1st place spot. It would be awesome to finally hit that kind of reward. Any suggestions on when to unshield and push?

how far ahead are you? The last 2 hours will be the most hectic usually, as many wait until the end to join. If there's not a lot of activity in your bracket, get as high as you can, and grab at least a few hour shield. Just monitor other players in the standings, you'll see if anyone is creeping up usually. Good luck!

Speaking of which...I think it would be awesome if there was a 30 minute or 1 hour shield, maybe for 25 hp. Those times when you need to shield hop, it's basically wasting hp if you are actually breaking shield, etc. Be nice for a shorter/cheaper one.
  • Unknown
    Options
    i think shields are intended as a convenience thing, not for hopping, so i don't think they want to encourage it.

could always be wrong, but...
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    daveomite wrote:

how far ahead are you? The last 2 hours will be the most hectic usually, as many wait until the end to join. If there's not a lot of activity in your bracket, get as high as you can, and grab at least a few hour shield. Just monitor other players in the standings, you'll see if anyone is creeping up usually. Good luck!

Speaking of which...I think it would be awesome if there was a 30 minute or 1 hour shield, maybe for 25 hp. Those times when you need to shield hop, it's basically wasting hp if you are actually breaking shield, etc. Be nice for a shorter/cheaper one.
    I dropped to #11 in our bracket of death. icon_e_sad.gif I need to find me an easier bracket... what time is best for an easy bracket?
  • Unknown
    Options
    daveomite wrote:

I'm currently shielded at 633. Which is 52 points behind the leader, who is not shielded at 685.

And a 30 minutes shield for shield jumping would be awesome! I would be more likely to actually use shields if I could do that.