Top Gun May 07 - May 09 (Season 1)

Options

Comments

• daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

You should def push for patch covers, mine is fully covered and upgraded and he is an offensive beast.

Yup... so I've seen and heard, lol. He can be a nightmare.

Question for everyone.... does it seem like there is much greater chance of having people IN your bracket come up in nodes now? Also, that in other nodes, there is the OTHER Death Bracket members. I'm thinking they must have taken people with a certain level MMR, and slowly added them to specific brackets, then limits our available contestants based on a base MMR scale. So, if MMR >X number, you get added to a special bracket as players join the game. So, there are points when the bracket may stay unfilled as it's leaving slots open for other higher MMR players.

Hopefully that makes sense. I'm just seriously thinking that may be a big reason why many of us are instantly seeing 85's or 141's right out of the gate, why we're seeing an increase of attacks from people within our respective brackets, and increase of forum members all joined together in the same brackets. Right now, in two nodes, I have two people from our bracket, and one from the other. If I skip, I basically see mostly the same, with one or two possible non-bracket players listed every so often.
  • Unknown
    Options
    740 points necessary to get into top 25 in my bracket and there's still almost 8 hours to go. I was thinking of shielding up for the night, but at this rate I'd have to get up to 900 and have enough spare seconds before the horde claims the 200 hard won points back. Ah well, who needs a three star cover for progression anyway, I'll just hope I remain in top 100 for 50 HP. Last time I came in 101st icon_mad.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    x7bitwCl.jpg

Four S.H.I.E.L.D members in this bracket with Twysta hiding below somewhere.

I am convinced that bracket joining was changed in some way.
  • Unknown
    Options
    daveomite wrote:
    Question for everyone.... does it seem like there is much greater chance of having people IN your bracket come up in nodes now?

Haven't seen any of you since last night when I was making my initial push.
  • Unknown
    Options
    daveomite wrote:
    Question for everyone.... does it seem like there is much greater chance of having people IN your bracket come up in nodes now?

Haven't seen any of you since last night when I was making my initial push.

I actually got you in a node beezer when you were making your push up to 1300. I am going to try and do some shield hopping for the first time here but I work for the final hours so I don't think I will end up pushing too hard.
  • Unknown
    Options
    are these brackeets mmr based? cause i got a lot more forumites then i've ever had before (i joined 1D 14h out i think, which is usually kind of dead... not this time.)
  • Unknown
    Options
    Looks like it your at the top. I don't need patch covers nor want to push to 1300 so I'm fine with 1k but I think I just got pushed out of top 10...

If brackets are mmr based I'm actually gonna have to punch someone in the donk.
  • daveomite
    Options
    bloodwars wrote:
    are these brackeets mmr based? cause i got a lot more forumites then i've ever had before (i joined 1D 14h out i think, which is usually kind of dead... not this time.)

That's what I'm thinking it is, or something like it. Instead of allowing any one to remain a "big fish" in a small pond, now they've tossed them all into one pool letting them Duke it out, possibly trying to prevent them from seeing sub MMR players/brackets.
  • Unknown
    Options
    lol you guys just joined the bracket at the same time before it filled. if it was mmr based I would see Reckless every pvp. Instead I seem to avoid all the big hitters apart from the last god of lies event.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bee maybe your so baller you only consider reckless a heavy hitter. Everyone else are scrubs. Happy face.
  • daveomite
    Options
    beemand2g wrote:
    lol you guys just joined the bracket at the same time before it filled. if it was mmr based I would see Reckless every pvp. Instead I seem to avoid all the big hitters apart from the last god of lies event.

That would mean that at least 20-40 forumers all joined in roughly the same time. Most likely more than that, just mean the top 10/20 is about all anyone can actually see in the standings.

I think there is more than just one bracket like that...obviously, we know there are at least two right now. The odds of that have got to be pretty high I'd think.

Sauce...you are actually in one of my nodes, the other two, not so sure about.
  • Unknown
    Options
    didn't get that, I consider a lot of players heavy hitters I just gave reckless as an example, bit of a inside joke in our alliance icon_e_biggrin.gif, but yea it's clearly not linked to mmr.
  • Unknown
    Options
    daveomite wrote:
    beemand2g wrote:

That would mean that at least 20-40 forumers all joined in roughly the same time. Most likely more than that, just mean the top 10/20 is about all anyone can actually see in the standings.

I think there is more than just one bracket like that...obviously, we know there are at least two right now. The odds of that have got to be pretty high I'd think.

well everyone tries to join last minute.com or after the initial start up so it's more likely you'll end up in a bracket with someone from the forum as it is talked about enough that you join at a specific time lol.
  • Unknown
    Options
    If there are SHIELD members in my bracket, they have to be some of the lower-performing members from this tourney like Jozier, Jachdo, Polarity, and Bugpop. I'm around 940, which is as high as their 16th member, and NONE of those guys are in my bracket.
  • Unknown
    Options
    My bracket is pretty nice I think. I'm holding 4th at 936. Top 10 is 876. 1st is 1119, and second at an even 1000. Hoping this holds for top 10. Player above me (Polroid) is unshielded at 938 and hasn't moved in the last 10 minutes.

This has been a pretty fun one. I leveled my Falcon up to 77 along the way, so buffed to 101. 141 Cap with 102 Pun or OBW to play longer. Didn't get hit much on the way, although did get sniped for some 40 pointers by 141 teams that were lurking in the 1-200 range.

And had an incredibly long and mind numbing (but ultimately fun) match where it came down to just Falcon on Falcon. Where there were enough protects out so that for a good 15-30 turns we were hitting each other for 1 until Redwing started eating through the shields. Closer than I'd like but I did win it.

Ooh... as I'm typing top 10 moved to 904. This may be closer than I'd like.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Managed to get 950 points and made to the last spot of the top 10 in my bracket before I shielded, and then some poor fella lost 24 points to me, so now I'm sitting in 5th with 974.
    I won't break shield so let's see how far this gets me.
  • daveomite
    Options
    Top 15 in our bracket now over 1k.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ghast, pls let me know when You're shielded icon_e_wink.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    daveomite wrote:
    beemand2g wrote:

eek! don't hurt me! lol I should be shielded most of the time except two little pushes in between. One of which is in about 30 min.
  • daveomite
    Options
    sms4002 wrote:
    daveomite wrote:
    beemand2g wrote:

eek! don't hurt me! lol I should be shielded most of the time except two little pushes in between. One of which is in about 30 min.

oh, no worries....I was just letting you know you were in one of my nodes ... no target on ya, lol. I just snuck out of shield for a match to finally get over 1k. Barely in the top 12, lol. That'll last maybe a few minutes