Top Gun May 07 - May 09 (Season 1)

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    mags1587 wrote:
    We've got brackets where 700 would be good enough for first and brackets where 700 isn't even good enough for 50th place? Okay, maybe there is something weird going on here.

Do you think they put us in brackets based on our MMR instead of start time? I mean, based on the opponents I am seeing now, I would say no. But it is also my understanding (someone please correct me if I am wrong) that the opponents are from all brackets, not just the one you are in.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mags1587 wrote:
    We've got brackets where 700 would be good enough for first and brackets where 700 isn't even good enough for 50th place? Okay, maybe there is something weird going on here.

Do you think they put us in brackets based on our MMR instead of start time? I mean, based on the opponents I am seeing now, I would say no. But it is also my understanding (someone please correct me if I am wrong) that the opponents are from all brackets, not just the one you are in.

Honestly, I'd say no because I can't think of any good reason why they would want to group people by MMR -- I just don't see what it gains D3 except unhappy players. That's a big difference in points, though. I don't remember hearing about brackets being that spread apart in previous events.
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mags1587 wrote:
    mags1587 wrote:

Honestly, I'd say no because I can't think of any good reason why they would want to group people by MMR -- I just don't see what it gains D3 except unhappy players. That's a big difference in points, though. I don't remember hearing about brackets being that spread apart in previous events.

That's what made me mention it too earlier. There is one person in our alliance that is leading their bracket with 680 points, another in second with 750 or so. It's all over the place, but yet, we all get tossed into brackets from hell and scores are going completely bonkers.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I just went into 1st by default when the leader in my bracket apparently lost points to an attack. He's now behind me by about 10 points.

The devil doesn't wear prada, he plays PQDR. icon_twisted.gif

HA HA HA
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    phantronnnnnnnn arghhhhhhhh
  • Unknown
    Options
    Same name in game as here go ahead and attack if you want I am shielded for the rest of the tournament.
  • Unknown
    Options
    qtyIVB8.png?1

I've been in 10th for a while but then unshielded guy got hit.
    I've been getting some awful brackets this week.

Aaaand now I'm in 10th again.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Mikame wrote:
    Same name in game as here go ahead and attack if you want I am shielded for the rest of the tournament.

I'm thinking I am too. Unless I lose my 1st place and feel I can reasonably regain it with out being slaughtered. I really want the 4* Wolvie cover to level him up. But as I do not have Patch at all, I am not going to risk losing 2 covers of him.
  • Unknown
    Options
    daveomite wrote:
    T-REZ5000 wrote:
    So is this a typical bracket now?:

ctPrOlwl.jpg

Ahhh yes....you are in my most favoritest ever Bracket of Death with a lot of us, lol. I'm Stuck in 14th with my measly 1024.

Wow, count another forumite stuck in that bracket too. I'm just shooting for top 50 for a Patch for the Heroic Oscorp, but even that looks out of reach. D:
  • Unknown
    edited May 2014
    Options
    sup123 wrote:
    I've been in 10th for a while but then unshielded guy got hit.
    I've been getting some awful brackets this week.

Aaaand now I'm in 10th again.

This is usually what it looks like in my brackets. If not a little higher. Which is why I usually push to 300 for the Gold Cover and then just walk away. But I needed ISO to level up my Cap last night so I just kept playing and ended up in #1. It was a the first time I have ever been in the #1 spot on anything. So I decided to go for another 1st and try shielding. Since last night, I have been moved to 2nd, then 3rd, back to 2nd, and now back in the #1 spot.
  • T_REZ5000
    T_REZ5000 Posts: 148 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2014
    Options
    daveomite wrote:
    T-REZ5000 wrote:

ctPrOlwl.jpg

Ahhh yes....you are in my most favoritest ever Bracket of Death with a lot of us, lol. I'm Stuck in 14th with my measly 1024.

Wow, count another forumite stuck in that bracket too. I'm just shooting for top 50 for a Patch for the Heroic Oscorp, but even that looks out of reach. D:

Just out of curiosity, how many points does the guy in top 50 have?

Also, do you guys think I would get beat up bad if unshielded right now. I'm running max pun/max c.mags/lvl 102 falcon (buffed to 170 something).
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    daveomite wrote:
    mags1587 wrote:
    mags1587 wrote:

That's what made me mention it too earlier. There is one person in our alliance that is leading their bracket with 680 points, another in second with 750 or so. It's all over the place, but yet, we all get tossed into brackets from hell and scores are going completely bonkers.

You know, when I entered our "bracket of doom" I was a little surprised to see that the leaders were already at 800+ points. Maybe I just entered at the tail end of the bracket, but I had never seen top scores quite that high before after first joining. I suppose there could be something different than just next 500, then new bracket, etc.
  • elusive
    elusive Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My bracket's almost as bad:

Look here

I think this is a new record for me, points-wise, and yet I'm still going to consider myself lucky to keep a top 50 position. I've been in brackets where I made top 3 with ~850 points, sheesh.
  • Unknown
    Options
    T-REZ5000 wrote:
    daveomite wrote:
    T-REZ5000 wrote:

ctPrOlwl.jpg

Couldn't tell you; I took a break at about #80 when I was at about 720. Just checked, I'm now down to #102 at 663.
    So yeah, scores that would normally get me a top 5 finish wouldn't even hit top 100 tonight. lol
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    I just had an epic fail...

I lost 110 points overnight which dropped me from about 25 all the way down to 105 and then just got flat out cascade murdered by Thor three times in a row so I'm now 150th with no health packs, most of my (useful) roster dead and less than 3 hours to go.

I can accept getting nuked occasionally but I just watched him flatten an almost pristine L45 Falcon/L85 OBW/L102 Punisher in one turn - multiple cascades on yellow and green including criticals followed up by every single skill. He was still going after everyone was down for at least 1500 more damage icon_cry.gif

Can we get another funbalance on Thor so we can get some variety going?
  • Unknown
    Options
    T-REZ5000 wrote:
    daveomite wrote:
    T-REZ5000 wrote:

ctPrOlwl.jpg

Also, do you guys think I would get beat up bad if unshielded right now. I'm running max pun/max c.mags/lvl 102 falcon (buffed to 170 something).
    3 boosted matches, then reshield. That's about all u get if u can complete the matches quickly. About 6-10 minutes before you see 2-10 attacks. I almost beever do 4..and any time I do..I usually see the shoe end of a -42
  • Unknown
    Options
    T-REZ5000 wrote:

Just stay shielded during the last 30 minutes or so; I've got you and a few other juicy retals lined up but I do not want to actually take points from anyone.
  • Unknown
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    I just had an epic fail...

I lost 110 points overnight which dropped me from about 25 all the way down to 105 and then just got flat out cascade murdered by Thor three times in a row so I'm now 150th with no health packs, most of my (useful) roster dead and less than 3 hours to go.

I can accept getting nuked occasionally but I just watched him flatten an almost pristine L45 Falcon/L85 OBW/L102 Punisher in one turn - multiple cascades on yellow and green including criticals followed up by every single skill. He was still going after everyone was down for at least 1500 more damage icon_cry.gif

Can we get another funbalance on Thor so we can get some variety going?

That's insane. It's only happened to me a few time, thank goodness. Because I might throw my phone across the room it happened too often. LOL.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Also, I could be such a dbag and attack sauce as I have him qued and he is unshielded (and in my season bracket)...but I am going to wait until he shields...FRIEEENNNFDSHIIIP MOOOVE. *Creates little ice statue*
  • Unknown
    Options
    Is all this competition due to patch, or is this the new state of PVP? Last tournament was pretty bonkers, and this one is even more so. I shielded at #30 with 722 points and have dropped to #75. I really don't feel I can crack the top 50 with a 2* team, which is pathetic. I just hope this is an extraordinary event. If it's really going to take 3* characters to place high enough to get 3* covers... no thanks.