Please nerf 5* Gambit

Options

Comments

• GibbletsGrabber
    GibbletsGrabber Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Options
    OML needs a boost making him better than he was before 

Case closed.

Btw, like many others, since covering my gambit I realise he isn’t overpowered any longer. 
  • Jexman
    Jexman Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Is this a problem just for 5* players? I have a pretty strong 4* roster but no 5 star above 360 & I never encounter Gambit in PVP. I hit 900 occasionally. Playing that high sucks for all the reasons everyone knows so I don't usually bother going above 575---but Gambit isn't the reason that 575+ sucks.
  • simoncklee
    Options
    OJSP said:
    Withering Stare (passive): "You've been smoking behind the bike shed again, haven't you?" Aunt May wasn't born yesterday you know! All friendly and enemy countdown and repeater tiles get stuck at one unless Aunt May is stunned, sent airborne or downed.
    That’s brilliant for Doc Ock..
    And suddenly the highschool sweethearts become the new meta...
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm not a 5* player and having voiced my annoyances in another thread with playing against 5* Gambit in the most recent Simulator PVE I most likely never will venture into 5* territory, certainly not during the reign of Gambit. Having said that and slightly off topic, I played 3* Gambit during his turn in DDQ a few days ago and I have to say: that was eye opening... How effectively the 3* nerf has been! This has been one of the first times since his nerf that I used him in a fight, but my god... he's been completely and utterly neutered. Comparing this to the 5* variant it is clear that his 5* 'fix' was a step sideways only in my opinion.

I'll be eagerly awaiting any news about Gambit, and whether or not he will be looked at again after entering the Classic pool. Maybe it would be good to rework the 3* too, because as it stands he is pretty 'bottom of the barrel' tier I think.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jexman said:
    Is this a problem just for 5* players? I have a pretty strong 4* roster but no 5 star above 360 & I never encounter Gambit in PVP. I hit 900 occasionally. Playing that high sucks for all the reasons everyone knows so I don't usually bother going above 575---but Gambit isn't the reason that 575+ sucks.
    You wont see Gambit (or any 5* champed for that matter) until you have at least one 5* champed.
  • Darknes21
    Darknes21 Posts: 321 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    They are not going to nerf Gambit! Get over it! The dev don't care! Case closed please more on! 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,345 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Remember all the threads about wins based PvP?  There were 0 dev comments before they just suddenly reversed it.  Not one comment.
  • Carnifexx
    Carnifexx Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This thread continues because most without Gambit realize he’s broken. Those with realize either he’s broken and I love him or he’s broken and I realize he’s hurting the game. I’ve been with this game since it’s started. Gambit needs to at least be adjusted. The ap destruction buff was just stupid. It was not not a nerf.  
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have a level 467 Gambit. He is the highest level 5* in my roster. 

Despite that, i still want him to be nerf slightly. He is killing the game, because to beat him, you really need to have a Gambit. That makes the game boring, as i can't use my other roster. 

There have been many suggestions on how to nerf him just abit more to make him more fair. (1) Tone down the ap drain to -1, (2) make his ap drain dependent on a threshold, so that it doesn't drain right from the start (3) reduce the red dmg by 3/4 or even 1/2, (4) make the purple only target a/s/p tiles, sparring cd tiles. 

Just one of the 4 changes will be sufficient to make him easier to beat, while making him still no 1 in 5* tier. But if d3 nerf too much, it may just be the end of gambit, and d3 will incur the wrath of many players 
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Options
    D3 has incurred the wrath plenty of times before with countless nerfs.  The game has survived them all.  This too shall pass once the hammer falls again.
  • John Wayne74
    John Wayne74 Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Options
    Had 17 champed 5*’s.  None of which could reliably take down Gambit without a wipe or heavy pack usage.  Now I have 19 champed 5*’s.  I am relegated to using Gambit/anyone only now.  As stated so many times in this thread, the game should not revolve around one toon and has never until now been so completely centered around one toon.  Maybe they will listen, maybe they won’t.  If they do and people get upset, well it happens.  If they don’t, Gambit will soon be in classics, people will quit in droves once they can’t get him anymore.  And new players who unknowingly hit that 5* world down the road will also likely quit when they can no longer move forward in pvp due to lack of Gambit in their recently acquired MMR.  They lose either way.  It’s their screw up, so I have little sympathy for them.  They just need to bite the bullet and fix him to be more on par with the rest of his peers.  Take the licks that they are due after doing so and move on.
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 526 Critical Contributor
    Options
    His black should be changed the same way the 3* version was.  Only without the self damage.  His ability to overwrite special tiles would still make him very powerful.
  • WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    PorkBelly said:
    His black should be changed the same way the 3* version was.  Only without the self damage.  His ability to overwrite special tiles would still make him very powerful.
    That would make him entirely too slow and nobody would ever use him
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    PorkBelly said:
    lol, does noone use other characters who dont generate their own AP passively? (btw, thats EVERY character in the game)
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I’d be fine with no one using him.  Just like no one with choice uses Banner, 5Cap, BSSM, IM46, GG...  there’s a long list of 5s that don’t get used.
  • j0nats
    j0nats Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Options
    i dont think gambit should be nerfed to oblivion.

some players worked hard and paid for gambit, players should be at least allowed some to get another meta character as replacement before any sort of super nerf is done.... 

oml, sentry/hood, xforce and thora had their time in the sun before they got super nerfed.
  • WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    sinnerjfl said:
    PorkBelly said:
    lol, does noone use other characters who dont generate their own AP passively? (btw, thats EVERY character in the game)
             Well, from mbw stealing AP obw same gig,    mnmags making AP with his purple for storm and Hawkeye, im40 making AP for everyone, switch purple, fist for black, so on and so forth....id say batteries are pretty popular in every single tier.
             But yeah, removing AP gen would slow him down a bunch, and if they did then they'd surely have to move the restriction from others using the AP.  That'd be a huge nerf on him, even generating charged tiles with black....though I guess I could see gambit, Phoenix and cloak and dagger being a good team in that scenario, all fueling each other.  But you'd almost never use his purple then, either. People would likely abandon him and use th or or GR or someone....for the AP gen.