MPQ Sneak Peek: November 2017 Edition *Updated (11/27/17)

Options

Comments

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Renler said:
    @Brigby: What will be the Progression color for lockjaw in army of one?
    Should be green. It's whatever color isn't given in placement. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,313 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby    Will Hearts of Darkness this week be a 3 or 4 day event?  Thanks!
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    edited November 2017
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    @Renlersaid:
    Brigby: What will be the Progression color for lockjaw in army of one?
    Should be green. It's whatever color isn't given in placement. 
    That's correct. It will be green. I have updated that section of the document to include cover colors.
    Brigby    Will Hearts of Darkness this week be a 3 or 4 day event?  Thanks!
    It will be a 3 day event (technically 3.8 days, but close enough, right? :p )

//Edited
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Doesn't that make it a 3-day event from the players' perspective?
  • bluewolf
    Options
    granne said:
    True. The 3.8 days means s1 starts 7 am thurs (my time) and s5 ends Mon at 3am.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    granne said:
    True. The 3.8 days means s1 starts 7 am thurs (my time) and s5 ends Mon at 3am.
    Great.  Another New release and PVP end time within 1 hr apart. 

@Brigby. Why?   Why do they keep on doing this.  They didn't do this a lot and now it's all the time.  There are people that just cannot dedicate the time on the weekend to pve and just enough time for pvp.  Why can this not be advoided. It's like they are doing this on purpose.  
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Of all the things people like to complain the end time "issue" should be way down the list. You don't really need to be playing pvp on the last hour.... It's a bad thing for alliances that merc around for placement, then that 1h window can be hard to manage everyone around. What am i missing here?
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Because not everybody can play pve for a new release with the crazy scores you need to be in top 100 ally for a new release and on a weekend.  Of HOD was a 4 day event that was before with the 48hr sub, then it wouldn't be an issue.  Yes people merc but they do for everything. Pvp, pve and sub pve. This isn't new. 
  • y4747
    y4747 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Options
    i really hope the 5tar-lord essential info will use that "Anything listed below is subject to change before release. " clause. it makes no sense for the rotation to go back to him.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Was Star Lord in Latest Tokens when he was last essential? And now that he’s in classic, it randomly threw him back in the classic list?
  • Merrick
    Merrick Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Nope. He was the first classic 5* essential. About 2 weeks after he left the newest tokens. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Everyone. Kate Bishop will unfortunately not be the featured character in Hearts of Darkness. Players usually would expect her, due to the placement reward for Unstable Iso-8, however in order to add The Punisher (MAX) as a featured character for this event, we had to break the usual pattern.

We do not plan on adding her as a featured character in an event next week, however we will revisit her the net time she comes up in a few months.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby, can you ask the devs if they could add Kate's progression cover, which would normally be in Hearts of Darkness, as a progression reward in an upcoming pve or pvp event?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That's a weird bit of programming,  progression characters and required characters can't be set independently? 
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Well, that's disappointing. That Blue cover would have let me champ her and save the four covers in my queue.

I can't use Punisher's black, as that's the only colour he has at five.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. Kate Bishop will unfortunately not be the featured character in Hearts of Darkness. Players usually would expect her, due to the placement reward for Unstable Iso-8, however in order to add The Punisher (MAX) as a featured character for this event, we had to break the usual pattern.

We do not plan on adding her as a featured character in an event next week, however we will revisit her the net time she comes up in a few months.
    What the frack? My 1/8/3 Kate was kind of counting on that cover. And of all the covers to pick of course it's black, the only one my Punmax has five in. 

This is kind of a janky move. I'm gonna assume this is due to the release of Punisher on Netflix and is beyond your control, so isn't really your fault, but that doesn't make it suck any less. 

Just spitballing here, but a great way to apologize would be to give everyone the blue cover that would have been featured in progression anyway. 

Oh, and the next time she's featured, can the placement reward order be purple, blue, black? Pretty please with sugar on top? 

• UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby said:

Hearts of Darkness (11/16/17) *New Update*
    Featured Characters
    5-Star: Star-Lord (Awesome Mix Volume 2)
    Seriously? We just had him as a Latest, and instead of another Classic we haven't seen, we get a repeat? Boooooooooo!!!
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Merrick said:
    Nope. He was the first classic 5* essential. About 2 weeks after he left the newest tokens. 
    If memory serves, he was available in the one-off Cosmic Tokens at the time, along with Silver Surfer and Thanos.  That shouldn't reclassify him as a Latest character for that event, though.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It's so annoying that they changed the 4* reward. I would have loved another cover for Kate Bishop :(
  • bluewolf
    Options
    I’m sure there are 2/5/5 pun max owners that are very happy....I have them both champed, so I’m impartial.