MPQ Sneak Peek: November 2017 Edition *Updated (11/27/17)

Options

Comments

• Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    mkmagius said:
    Why is Star lord essential again instead of one of the classic 5* that haven't been essential yet? I believe there are still 10 that haven't been essential.
    My guess would be that they did not have the 5* hero for hire store back when he was featured and this gives an opportunity to those that want to buy (I'm in that category since I just need 1 more yellow to complete him!) 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,501 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Options
    whoami said:
    bluewolf said:
    whoami said:
    Huh. Has the 4* placement rewards for PVP changed? Usually alphabetical order and we’re not done with the R’s yet (cough cough Rogue). 
    It seems that the pattern has been abandoned. It also used to run through colors (first all the top, then middle, then bottom.  Right?).  Lately it’s just some random color each time.
    Up through the current reward (Riri) we had been running through the Rs. 
    Yes, I agree.  I thought the order was alphabetical and rewarded the colors in order.  So the top or #1 color for all 4*s alphabetically.  Then all #2 color.

Maybe I was wrong. Lately it looked like it just gave a random color in alphabetical order.

Maybe they don’t want it predictable to try to goose sales.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fmftint said:
    Brigby said:
    *(11/13/17) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, Deadpool's Dailies, and Weekly Buffs
    Why??? For Hearts of Darkness rewards when we already know Hulk is the next coming 4 star? 
    Also why is Star Lord Featured 5 again already? He was the first "classic" 5star essential

@Brigby
    I think they have to wait for the release article to be published on Marvel.com before they can officially publish anything here. Even though they already mentioned in the Thor article that Hulk (Main Event) was coming. Legal contracts and all that, I'm willing to bet. 
  • Königsmacher
    Königsmacher Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options
    whoami said:
    ...and then came Kingpin instead of R&G.

First the 4* cover prediction in PVE went down the drain, now PVP gets an unexpected reset, I really get the feeling they don't want us to actually plan ahead in terms of roster building...

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Iceman next DDQ? First one that I have him Champed. This should be fun  B)
  • DarthDeVo
    edited November 2017
    Options
    whoami said:
    ...and then came Kingpin instead of R&G.

First the 4* cover prediction in PVE went down the drain, now PVP gets an unexpected reset, I really get the feeling they don't want us to actually plan ahead in terms of roster building...

Hey, at least Vulture is being featured somewhere since his release event. It's only been about four months, I think. 

Wow, just had a sobering thought. I bought Homecoming on Blu-Ray almost a month ago. The movie went from theaters to home media before Vulture was featured outside his release event. 

EDIT: Rogue's out of order on Behemoth Burrito too (not to mention Sue and Ben). Those three and Cyclops all have the (Classic) designation, so you would expect the order to be Cyclops, Invisible Woman, Rogue, Thing. 

Only thing I can figure is they want to keep the X characters together. Bugs the OCD in me though. 
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @Brigby

Would it be possible for us to get some kind of idea as to what the schedule will be for 5* characters available in the Heroes for Hire store? That would be a great help to players decided what to save their CP for.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Options
    @Brigby

The Deadpool Daily updates should start 11/14/17, not 11/9/17 and shouldn't it be the "sweet" vault?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    @brisashi said:
    Would it be possible for us to get some kind of idea as to what the schedule will be for 5* characters available in the Heroes for Hire store? That would be a great help to players decided what to save their CP for.
    I believe the Heroes for Hire offer reflects the 5-Star from the Essential mission for the current Story Event.
    The Deadpool Daily updates should start 11/14/17, not 11/9/17 and shouldn't it be the "sweet" vault?
    Oops! Sorry about the bit of copy-pasta. I've updated it to reflect the correct date and name. Thanks!
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ooo IM40 and 4hor are boosted next PvE.. wonder who everyone will use? Boosted Elektra lol
  • DarthDeVo
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Brigby said:
    @brisashi said:
    I believe the Heroes for Hire offer reflects the 5-Star from the Essential mission for the current Story Event.
    Oops! Sorry about the bit of copy-pasta. I've updated it to reflect the correct date and name. Thanks!
    I think what @brisashi was going for was asking for a schedule detailing an order that the Classic 5*s will be featured. Will it be oldest to most current? Alphabetical (by actual name or the one in parentheses)? Some other order? 

For what it's worth, it seems fairly random so far. I think we've had 5tar-Lord, Silver Surfer, Black Bolt, Green Goblin, Iron Man XLVI and now 5tar-Lord again. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on that. No discernible pattern from what I can tell. 
  • whoami
    whoami Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Options
    Brigby said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    I think what @brisashi was going for was asking for a schedule detailing an order that the Classic 5*s will be featured. Will it be oldest to most current? Alphabetical (by actual name or the one in parentheses)? Some other order? 

For what it's worth, it seems fairly random so far. I think we've had 5tar-Lord, Silver Surfer, Black Bolt Green Goblin, Iron Man XLVI and now 5tar-Lord again. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on that. No discernible pattern from what I can tell. 
    Ah, if that's the case, then I unfortunately don't have that information available off the top of my head. I'll see if I can find out anything from the development team though.
    If it’s possible to learn what the new ordering will be for 4* placement/progression in PVP (now that it’s not alphabetical) that would also be helpful for planning purposes—thanks!
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Another week where I don’t have any of the boosted 4*s champed... yay...
  • RemoDestroyer
    RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @Brigby

Is star lord really the essential 5* in the next pve?

He gets featured twice before banner, bw, he, strange, thanos, cap, bssm, panther, phoenix (and maybe oml) are featured once? Why?
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It shoud be mandatory that boosted 4*s have at least one AoE. It feels so grindy having to nuke targets down one by one...
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fmftint said:
    Brigby said:
    *(11/13/17) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, Deadpool's Dailies, and Weekly Buffs
    Why??? For Hearts of Darkness rewards when we already know Hulk is the next coming 4 star?
    Probably because of D3's contract with Marvel: until Marvel announces that Hulk is being released next week they have to stay quiet, even though it is an open secret at this point.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby

Is star lord really the essential 5* in the next pve?

He gets featured twice before banner, bw, he, strange, thanos, cap, bssm, panther, phoenix (and maybe oml) are featured once? Why?
    There are two types of beings in the universe. Those who dance, and those who do not.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It shoud be mandatory that boosted 4*s have at least one AoE. It feels so grindy having to nuke targets down one by one...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwvlbJ0h35A

For the record I am also very curious about the repeat of Star-Lord as an essential character, as well as why the fourstar PvP rewards Went back to K instead of staying with the Rs.

• Renler
    Renler Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options
    @Brigby: What will be the Progression color for lockjaw in army of one?