MPQ Sneak Peek: November 2017 Edition *Updated (11/27/17)

Options

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    BigBZ32 said:
    shardwick said:
    jamesh said:
    If anything, they should come up with another character that can actually attack airborn foes.
    I can't see them adding a power that damages airborne enemies: that's one of the things that differentiates it from the stun and invisible states.

On the other hand, a power that grounds a character (or all characters, friend and foe?) seems more likely.  That might fit for a character with gravity related powers.

I wish that was the way for Panther. If you knock him airborne then it triggers his red even though it's only supposed to be triggered from a stun or invisibility.
    Does Nova sending BP airborne cause BP red to fire? I was wondering why BP red would fire off from Riri green then I remembered the damage component that's probably setting it off. Never noticed Nova causing it or not.
    I don't think sending him Airborne will trigger his red. However, as I realized in Black Vortex the damage when he lands may trigger the red and cause him to jump away...
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *(11/03/17) Brigby - Updated Versus events
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    BigBZ32 said:
    shardwick said:
    jamesh said:
    If anything, they should come up with another character that can actually attack airborn foes.
    I can't see them adding a power that damages airborne enemies: that's one of the things that differentiates it from the stun and invisible states.

On the other hand, a power that grounds a character (or all characters, friend and foe?) seems more likely.  That might fit for a character with gravity related powers.

I wish that was the way for Panther. If you knock him airborne then it triggers his red even though it's only supposed to be triggered from a stun or invisibility.
    Does Nova sending BP airborne cause BP red to fire? I was wondering why BP red would fire off from Riri green then I remembered the damage component that's probably setting it off. Never noticed Nova causing it or not.
    I don't think sending him Airborne will trigger his red. However, as I realized in Black Vortex the damage when he lands may trigger the red and cause him to jump away...
    I sent him airborne with RIri in Ghost Rider's pvp and it triggered it. He hit me with his red when he landed.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Options
    D4Ni13 said:
    STOPTHIS said:
    shardwick said:
    Coulson coming up again but not Vulture. Makes me sad. Might level up my Rogue though.
    Makes me think there's a Vulture nerf coming.
    Hm.. Part of me thinks you could be on to something. 
    It would be a bad move to nerf Vulture. It would just open the door for more nerf bats, and we already know some heroes that are on people's lips. So I hope nobody is on something, and they just changed the order.  
    Or, maybe they figured out that a 1v1 Vulture mission is going to be sillier than the 1v1 missions with someone who goes invisible.
    Why? You can't match tiles when you are airborne, sure you are getting free AP, but you also can't deny the AI either. 5* Parker sounds like a good match to me.
  • tdglory49
    tdglory49 Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Options
    Re: Vulture nerf, earlier this year, the criteria for having a DDQ was that a character had to be featured twice in a Story Event: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/619032/#Comment_619032

Someone with better records than me could check, but since he's only four months old it seems possible we haven't had Vulture twice.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,326 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Options
    tdglory49 said:
    Re: Vulture nerf, earlier this year, the criteria for having a DDQ was that a character had to be featured twice in a Story Event: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/619032/#Comment_619032

Someone with better records than me could check, but since he's only four months old it seems possible we haven't had Vulture twice.

Absolutely correct. I just checked all the sneak peek threads and he has only been featured in his release event.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Options
    tdglory49 said:

Both Mockingbird and Yondu are newer characters than Vulture, and each have already been featured again. There was plenty of time to feature Vulture before his Crash, they just never chose to feature him again for some reason.  
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    tdglory49 said:

Both Mockingbird and Yondu are newer characters than Vulture, and each have already been featured again. There was plenty of time to feature Vulture before his Crash, they just never choose to feature him again for some reason.  
    He probably fell victim to a new release event.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Because the timing of new release events are unpredictable?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,326 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Options
    jamesh said:
    I have seen a schedule that people developed -based on observation - that could kind of predict when a character would be featured.  It seems like there is some automated schedule.  But it’s the devs’ schedule so they should be able to modify it....
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jamesh said:

For these devs DST is unpredictable.
    So, yes.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    It happened Before with War Machine. They used him as an essential character after a boss battle, but since he wasn't awarded in the boss battle he missed his chance to get a Crash for a long time.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
     Nuts. Fist Bump to close out the season. The inevitable health pack eater. At least C4ge buff will be done before that, so the steady stream of his match-slowing passive will die off. Now, who to use for Sharp Dressed? I suppose Mordo/Cage is what most will end up using. Sorry Rogue, you straight overlap the featured character.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
     Nuts. Fist Bump to close out the season. The inevitable health pack eater. At least C4ge buff will be done before that, so the steady stream of his match-slowing passive will die off. Now, who to use for Sharp Dressed? I suppose Mordo/Cage is what most will end up using. Sorry Rogue, you straight overlap the featured character.
    She may be overlaping Patch, but she can eat a lot of the enemy strikes, so she is not a bad choice. I would use her over C4ge in this event no problem.
  • Quebbster
    Options

It would be interesting to use G4mora in Sharp Dressed even if she is not boosted.

"Oh, you just gave me a bunch of Purple strike tiles? How kind of you, now I KO you!"

• Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Update please...
  • InfectiousYawn
    InfectiousYawn Posts: 72 Match Maker
    edited November 2017
    Options
    D4Ni13 said:
    zodiac339 said:
    She may be overlaping Patch, but she can eat a lot of the enemy strikes, so she is not a bad choice. I would use her over C4ge in this event no problem.

You can quell Patch's Berserker Rage with Rogue's green.  You can put C4ge's Hero for Hire out of a job by siphoning his yellow.  Or you could divide and conquer Cyclop's Combined Forces.  She gains AP and shakes the board as well as tanks 3 colors (and any ability when she's up front).  Very versatile character this week!
  • Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Quebbster said:

It would be interesting to use G4mora in Sharp Dressed even if she is not boosted.

"Oh, you just gave me a bunch of Purple strike tiles? How kind of you, now I KO you!"

This exactly what happened with my first non seed match. I used my own deadliest woman a prior round, ate a Berzerker rage, a Best there is (lost my own Patch), matched some green enemy strike away, ate another berzerker rage which filled the board with purple strikes (all up about 20 now) and 4Gamora killed him in the next turn. Yes, a very health pack expensive round all up. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *(11/08/17) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, Deadpool's Dailies, and Weekly Buffs
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Look.  Another pve ending 1 hr apart of the season ending.  Really wish they would stop doing this.