MPQ Sneak Peek: November 2017 Edition *Updated (11/27/17)

Options

Comments

• CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    *(11/08/17) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, Deadpool's Dailies, and Weekly Buffs
    Christ on a crutch, BoP???

That's gonna be a trollfest.

Gambatteries at the ready .....

Dear God, the horror, the horror.
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Looks like they're finally getting around to boosting 3* Gambit

:p 
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Options
    CT1888 said:
    Brigby said:
    *(11/08/17) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, Deadpool's Dailies, and Weekly Buffs
    Christ on a crutch, BoP???

That's gonna be a trollfest.

Gambatteries at the ready .....

Dear God, the horror, the horror.
    I'm torn. I don't really need another Riri champ level, but I'm seriously hurting for IOS right now. 

But am I hurting that badly?

Also, back-to-back vintage 4*s as rewards? I don't remember that happening recently. I'm gonna guess the event starting on the 16th will be the release event for Hulk (Main Event). I really hope it isn't a boss event. My 3/5/1 Kate could desperately use that blue cover that would be in progression. 
  • RTA3000
    RTA3000 Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    Options
    5* gambit as a node, you're seriously taking the mick.........,oh yeah we've all got him covered
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    RTA3000 said:
    5* gambit as a node, you're seriously taking the mick.........,oh yeah we've all got him covered

Some of us don't have even a single cover.  <sigh>
  • DarthDeVo
    Options
    RTA3000 said:

The order for featured 5*s is three Latests, two Classics, wash, rinse, repeat. Gambit is in Latests, ergo it shouldn't be too surprising that he's featured. 
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    RTA3000 said:

There's a reason we had a 7 day event before his first time up,  it was 3-4 extra days before  he'd be essential
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's not a surprise; I was just commenting that not only do some of us not have him covered (which to me implies enough covers to make him not a liability), some of us have not even a single cover.  My personal PRNG imps have not been kind lately.
  • DarthDeVo
    Options
    It's not a surprise; I was just commenting that not only do some of us not have him covered (which to me implies enough covers to make him not a liability), some of us have not even a single cover.  My personal PRNG imps have not been kind lately.
     Ugh. Been there. Black Bolt was the first required I missed, despite having him set as my sole 5* BH and cracking a hoard. I can't remember the last time RNGesus has blessed me with a bonus 5* Still missing him, 5teve, BiB 5pidey and Nata5ha. At least with the HfH change, I can buy a cover for them outright relatively on the cheap if I want to. 
  • InfectiousYawn
    InfectiousYawn Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Options
    Not a single red AP user in the 4 * boosted bunch for this coming week!   :/
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options

To mitigate people using 0/0/5 Gambit, perhaps? :) /joke

Not a good boosted week for me - Moon Knight at 8 covers is my best of the 4*

• Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Exactly what I was thinking! Lol. Kind of sad that my immediate analysis of the new boosted list is who I can use with 005 Gambit.
  • InfectiousYawn
    InfectiousYawn Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Options

Exactly what I was thinking! Lol. Kind of sad that my immediate analysis of the new boosted list is who I can use with 005 Gambit.
    The problem is that the 5 * gambit essential node handicaps the boosted list for taking on super strong enemies.  Not many of us have more than 1-3 covers for him. So forget about Ant Man's pym particles and jean's super effective enemy special tile removing abilities! 
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,274 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
     Ugh. Been there. Black Bolt was the first required I missed, despite having him set as my sole 5* BH and cracking a hoard. I can't remember the last time RNGesus has blessed me with a bonus 5* Still missing him, 5teve, BiB 5pidey and Nata5ha. At least with the HfH change, I can buy a cover for them outright relatively on the cheap if I want to. 
    Unless you have the first color at 5 then you get to wait forever until it rotates... by that point the 5* HFH might not exist anymore (it takes over a full year for all the covers to rotate)
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby said:

Strange Sights (11/9/17) *New Update*
    Featured Characters
    5-Star: Gambit (Classic)
    4-Star: Agent Coulson
    3-Star: Wolverine (Patch)
    2-Star: Human Torch (Johnny Storm)
    Gambit and Coulson are both buffed for Strange Sights? These are bad news - for the overpowered mindless ones! B)
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,860 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    UNSTABLE ISO-8

5-Star: Iron Man (Mark XLVI) - finally a chance for my 5/0/0 to shine! Only problem is the boost list doesn't favour me too much for rounding out an Iron Man team to take advantage as my Mr. F languishes in the depths. I guess Quake is boosted. Is C4rol still Team Iron Man?
  • DarthDeVo
    Options
    sinnerjfl said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    Unless you have the first color at 5 then you get to wait forever until it rotates... by that point the 5* HFH might not exist anymore (it takes over a full year for all the covers to rotate)
    Well, I don't have any covers for the four 5*s I mentioned, but you do make a good point about the slow rotation of Classics and the chance HfH will change by then. 
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Level 291 Coulson gets me 50 HP (I'd do it if those were health packs, not hero points heehehehe) and I don't have the ISO to champ Elektra from 188 so that's 1,000 ISO. Gambit and Iron Man each only have 2 of 3 powers anyway and they're severely under covered and level 255.  Quake and Ant Man are my boosted 4*.

I think I'll slum for a solid week. Maybe I can use the health/time savings and play more PVP.

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    UNSTABLE ISO-8

5-Star: Iron Man (Mark XLVI) - finally a chance for my 5/0/0 to shine! Only problem is the boost list doesn't favour me too much for rounding out an Iron Man team to take advantage as my Mr. F languishes in the depths. I guess Quake is boosted. Is C4rol still Team Iron Man?
    She is team IM, and her green passive generating red for his Team-IM-boosted attack is niiiice -- assuming the node has any tile movers to trigger her in the first place.

If you level that five cover Iron Man to his cap, he'll be boosted to level 440, and red will do something like 8000 damage base, about 15000 with one Team IM ally, and around 22000 with two Team IM allies.

No matter how much you try to do it, you can't run IM40 with IM46.  I've tried this at least five times, mostly playing the game well past the point where I should have been in bed.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's nice to see that they reverted the changes to Kaecilius.