MPQ Sneak Peek: November 2017 Edition *Updated (11/27/17)

Comments

• D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    STOPTHIS said:
    shardwick said:
    Coulson coming up again but not Vulture. Makes me sad. Might level up my Rogue though.
    Makes me think there's a Vulture nerf coming.
    Hm.. Part of me thinks you could be on to something. 
    It would be a bad move to nerf Vulture. It would just open the door for more nerf bats, and we already know some heroes that are on people's lips. So I hope nobody is on something, and they just changed the order.  
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:
    Brigby said:
    bluewolf said:
    Brigby  Will the Enemy otS event have any node that gives a Friends from Work token?  When DocOck was released there was a special boss node on the last sub of Webbed Wonder.  It rewarded a token to DO’s release store.  

My gut feeling is no, since the FFW store will close 11/5, which is 4 days before the event ends.  Thanks!
    As of right now, I'm unaware of the Enemy of the State event having a node that awards a Friends From Work token.
    Are we going to have a chance to earn Friends From Work tokens at all? If not, this will be the first 5* release to not give us a chance at two of those tokens (except for the first run of Civil War, which was more generous and let us earn the 5* covers directly).

This comes on the heels of the Sakaar tokens which have an abysmally poor 5* draw rate (0.06% of Thor compared to the 5% we expect from release tokens), and, well, it's extremely disappointing and a fair bit insulting, but par for the course for the devs to try and sneak such a change in with zero announcement or explanation.

We have Another run of the Sakaar arena starting on Friday, maybe it will be possible to get Friends From Work tokens there? Probably won't be easy though...
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anon said:
    Coulson huh? I wonder who his opponent will be.
    Either Loki or the new improved Nick Fury since they share the same colors
  • Quebbster
    Anon said:
    Either Loki or the new improved Nick Fury since they share the same colors

Mockingbird is Another possibility.
  • Camelguy79
    Camelguy79 Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Why DD again already? There are lots of other 5* characters that haven’t been featured. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    D4Ni13 said:
    STOPTHIS said:
    shardwick said:
    Coulson coming up again but not Vulture. Makes me sad. Might level up my Rogue though.
    Makes me think there's a Vulture nerf coming.
    Hm.. Part of me thinks you could be on to something. 
    It would be a bad move to nerf Vulture. It would just open the door for more nerf bats, and we already know some heroes that are on people's lips. So I hope nobody is on something, and they just changed the order.  
    Or, maybe they figured out that a 1v1 Vulture mission is going to be sillier than the 1v1 missions with someone who goes invisible.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anon said:
    Loki, anyone?  A little grudge match?  Loki's passive would lessen the usefulness of Coulson's purple, but I still think it would be a pretty easy matchup even with Loki boosted to 270.  But just for the theme?  Why not?
  • Königsmacher
    Königsmacher Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Or, maybe they figured out that a 1v1 Vulture mission is going to be sillier than the 1v1 missions with someone who goes invisible.
    It would be an easy win, true. But as you said, most invisibility chars have already easy fights. Once again it boils down to if you have the right cover or not (in this case black)

Whatever the reason why Vulture doesn't get another feature as essential character in PVE / Behemoth Burrito / Crash, I hope it's not because they want to nerf him. It would be laughable, especially after releasing Gambit in his current state.
    If anything, they should come up with another character that can actually attack airborn foes.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    THe in-game preview for EotS is up. SCL9 only offers 4* for 20 and up?  Isn’t it usually available much lower?  50 I think.  Am I remembering wrong or does this look like a change or mistake?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    THe in-game preview for EotS is up. SCL9 only offers 4* for 20 and up?  Isn’t it usually available much lower?  50 I think.  Am I remembering wrong or does this look like a change or mistake?
    A mistake.  T50 get Gamora for venom bomb, after all.
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    broll said:
    From one of the Devs:

"Demiurge is (now) aware (thanks Discord!) of the SCL 9 rewards not matching up with previous events's reward structure. We are going to talk about it and Brigby will update the forums with what's going to happen."
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    If anything, they should come up with another character that can actually attack airborn foes.
    I can't see them adding a power that damages airborne enemies: that's one of the things that differentiates it from the stun and invisible states.

On the other hand, a power that grounds a character (or all characters, friend and foe?) seems more likely.  That might fit for a character with gravity related powers.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ghost Rider's event is mis-named. The way I see most of the matches working out, it should be called Staring Contest ;)
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    OJSP said:
    Dayv said:
    Loki, anyone? 
    about 6 hours too late. See above :wink:

I'm hoping its someone with lower Health (like Loki) as I have concerns around my 2/4/5 Coulson being able to deal much damage

Seems like 5/5/3 would be best for a solo fight?

• Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Why DD again already? There are lots of other 5* characters that haven’t been featured. 
    I know!  Isn’t this the 3rd time DD’s been the featured 5*?  Right on the heals of Parker too!  Is it as I feared that the Devs are only going to use the Latest 5* exclusively and that one with Goblin was a mistake/fluke?  Say it ain’t so!
  • Quebbster
    Pwuz_ said:
    I know!  Isn’t this the 3rd time DD’s been the featured 5*?  Right on the heals of Parker too!  Is it as I feared that the Devs are only going to use the Latest 5* exclusively and that one with Goblin was a mistake/fluke?  Say it ain’t so!

It ain't quite so. They plan to run all Three Latest fivestars as essential character, then do two Classic fivestars, then go back to the Three Latest again. So we're going to see a lot of essential Gambit nodes soon too.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    The 5E pattern is: L/L/L/C/C. So yes you will see more Latest.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    jamesh said:
    I can't see them adding a power that damages airborne enemies: that's one of the things that differentiates it from the stun and invisible states.

On the other hand, a power that grounds a character (or all characters, friend and foe?) seems more likely.  That might fit for a character with gravity related powers.

I wish that was the way for Panther. If you knock him airborne then it triggers his red even though it's only supposed to be triggered from a stun or invisibility.
  • BigBZ32
    BigBZ32 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    shardwick said:
    jamesh said:

I wish that was the way for Panther. If you knock him airborne then it triggers his red even though it's only supposed to be triggered from a stun or invisibility.
    Does Nova sending BP airborne cause BP red to fire? I was wondering why BP red would fire off from Riri green then I remembered the damage component that's probably setting it off. Never noticed Nova causing it or not.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    BigBZ32 said:
    shardwick said:
    jamesh said:

Does Nova sending BP airborne cause BP red to fire? I was wondering why BP red would fire off from Riri green then I remembered the damage component that's probably setting it off. Never noticed Nova causing it or not.

No because Airborne is not Stun. However, I recently found out that if BP is stunned and you send him airborne, when he returns he still does his red damage, even though I thought the stun would be removed since I made him airborne