MPQ Sneak Peek: November 2017 Edition *Updated (11/27/17)

Options

Comments

• Königsmacher
    Königsmacher Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options
    I hate the Kate Bishop change. I really could've used that blue cover and now it's gone for a few "months".

The Punisher cover makes him champ material now (14th cover), but I was actually glad not to grind like a madman to get the necessary ISO. Now it's back on the treadmill for me.
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Is Army of One the first event of the new season or a special off season event for Netflix? 
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Any info on the S.H.I.E.L.D. Training that starts in ~13 hours?
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Any info on the S.H.I.E.L.D. Training that starts in ~13 hours?
    Just expect Nightcrawler to be required. We can all be pleasently surprised if there is any other outcome.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Everyone. Star-Lord (Awesome Mix Volume 2) being the Classic Essential again was unfortunately an oversight, and due to the current testing constraints, we will be unable to adjust the 5-Star Essential node character right now. 

We apologize for the inconvenience.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. Kate Bishop will unfortunately not be the featured character in Hearts of Darkness. Players usually would expect her, due to the placement reward for Unstable Iso-8, however in order to add The Punisher (MAX) as a featured character for this event, we had to break the usual pattern.

We do not plan on adding her as a featured character in an event next week, however we will revisit her the net time she comes up in a few months.
    @Brigby
    I'm a Punisher fan but I don't need him, I needed Kate. Why is she being revisited in a few months instead of simply next event? She already missed progression a few months ago because it landed on a Boss Event. Can we simply have her rewarded the event after next? The usual pattern has already been broken so what's the difference? This should have been planned out ahead of time, instead of the late notice. This is why players get upset.
  • Merrick
    Merrick Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. Star-Lord (Awesome Mix Volume 2) being the Classic Essential again was unfortunately an oversight, and due to the current testing constraints, we will be unable to adjust the 5-Star Essential node character right now. 

Now there is no time to fix the issue. If it had been addressed two days ago, when we first asked about the issue, it might have been able to be fixed. Obviously the powers that be didn’t want a fix implemented. 

How about earning some good will by actually letting us know what the rotation will be in the future?  
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Merrick said:
    Brigby said:

Now there is no time to fix the issue. If it had been addressed two days ago, when we first asked about the issue, it might have been able to be fixed. Obviously the powers that be didn’t want a fix implemented. 

How about earning some good will by actually letting us know what the rotation will be in the future?  
    Something similar happened a couple of weeks ago, didn't it? Was it when the essential was changed to Green Goblin?

Although I think in that case a Latest was being featured when it should have been a Classic, which people were quick to point out. 
  • DarthDeVo
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. Kate Bishop will unfortunately not be the featured character in Hearts of Darkness. Players usually would expect her, due to the placement reward for Unstable Iso-8, however in order to add The Punisher (MAX) as a featured character for this event, we had to break the usual pattern.

We do not plan on adding her as a featured character in an event next week, however we will revisit her the net time she comes up in a few months.
    @Brigby
    I'm a Punisher fan but I don't need him, I needed Kate. Why is she being revisited in a few months instead of simply next event? She already missed progression a few months ago because it landed on a Boss Event. Can we simply have her rewarded the event after next? The usual pattern has already been broken so what's the difference? This should have been planned out ahead of time, instead of the late notice. This is why players get upset.
    Hear, hear! I fully support this. 
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    How is it that there's not enough time to fix Star Lord but there was plenty of time to swap Kate for Punisher? 

And it's obvious that the Star Lord problem is one of oversight, because it's obvious to anyone that plays this game that it wouldn't have happened had there been oversight in the first place. It's like scheduling Taco Tuesday for a Friday, telling people a week in advance, and still somehow being unable to go "You know what, maybe we should double-check that."

It's that funny mix of "inexcusable but also par for the course" that MPQ has developed a weird mastery over.

I can't speak for everyone else, but in light of all that I personally will be unable to accept any apologies until actual effort is made to rectify problems.
  • DarthDeVo
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    How is it that there's not enough time to fix Star Lord but there was plenty of time to swap Kate for Punisher? 

And it's obvious that the Star Lord problem is one of oversight, because it's obvious to anyone that plays this game that it wouldn't have happened had there been oversight in the first place. It's like scheduling Taco Tuesday for a Friday, telling people a week in advance, and still somehow being unable to go "You know what, maybe we should double-check that."

It's that funny mix of "inexcusable but also par for the course" that MPQ has developed a weird mastery over.

I can't speak for everyone else, but in light of all that I personally will be unable to accept any apologies until actual effort is made to rectify problems.
    Simple solution would simply be to start with the oldest and work to the newest. Easy, predictable, and we could help spot any mistakes.

But I think it's random to prevent hoarding for a specific character or cover in the Heroes for Hire store.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    edited November 2017
    Options
    *Added The Hulk (The Main Event) color covers to Hearts of Darkness rewards, and changed Army of One 4-Star placement reward to The Hulk (The Main Event) 
  • Bubba3210
    Bubba3210 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options
    My 1/5/3 Kate really needed that blue cover. Even my 5/2/1 Punisher is disappointed. Please consider rewarding all players with that blue Kate cover.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This is going to sound like a line, but today (Thursday) is my birthday. 

Presents make both giver and receiver happy. Just sayin'.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JHawkInc said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEnQnei6dk8

(Seriously though, I agree.)

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,313 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The issues with SL vs Kate are explainable if you consider that switching Big Pun impacts a token store.  Switching SL impacts the HfH store, which may be harder to change.  It seems to be automated to a large degree.

I realize that for some, it may be inexcusable, but it seems to be an honest mistake.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    That's amazing!  A bit of Divine intervention for you right during the Divine Champions event.  :wink:
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That's amazing!  A bit of Divine intervention for you right during the Divine Champions event.  :wink:
    Santa Loki for the win?