MPQ Sneak Peek: November 2017 Edition *Updated (11/27/17)

Options

Comments

• iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    After a couple of lean boosted weeks for me, Agent Venom, Peggy and Spiderwoman looks good!
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Are these more frequent 4* versus tournaments part of a new pattern, or just to tie in with the changes to those characters' champion rewards?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Options
    jamesh said:
    Are these more frequent 4* versus tournaments part of a new pattern, or just to tie in with the changes to those characters' champion rewards?
    Y’see, if they run a 4* PVP, it also has a store with tokens which rewards (usually) just that 4* along with all the 3’s and 2’s.  I think it’s pretty obvious why they are running PVPs for these characters as they receive champ reward changes.

And for anyone who doesn’t want to spend, it’s a great way to get a cover from progression.

The reason 3* is still the main PVP format is to at least give all the 3* players a shot at getting somewhere. Lots of people don’t have 4’s ready for PVP.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Honor Among Thieves? A good one for my 5 covers in purple Gambit to be required. And for literally every other mission to use Teen Jean and Gambattery.
  • GreenMachine
    GreenMachine Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Options
    My Honor Among Theives tokens just updated the artwork.

So who's the new girl? I don't recognize her.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Options

Well, that seems unfortunate.  Nothing like having the new character art in game (again)
    prior to announcements.  Look for recently begun Marvel TV and you’ll figure it out.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    @GigerHR said:
    Brigby Assuming the pattern holds and ME Hulk is a required character, is there any chance the ME Hulk level needed will be lowered for this run of SHIELD Training, seeing as he won’t end up in tokens in time for the event? I think this is the first time a SHIELD Training hasn’t run over a season change.
    As of right now, I don't have any updates on the next S.H.I.E.L.D. Training. If I hear anything though, I'll be sure to let the community know.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Ugh, four day release event... I know there has been lots of complaints about PvP and PvE ending too Close to each other, but for me personally I much prefer Friday-Sunday events as that lets me play slice 3 that ends late in the evening. It's not really doable to stay up grinding a brand new sub on a Sunday evening. On the other hand, slice 2 also has its disadvantages, so I don't know how I will approach this.

On the other hand, my 0/0/2 Gambit and Jean Grey got along just fine in Unstable ISO, I look forward to having a reunion for them.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Bon Jovi once sang a song that went "Ooooh, she's a little runaway"
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Shhh, we're not supposed to know who it is until the article is posted!
  • Kaeyne
    Kaeyne Posts: 68 Match Maker
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    Shhh, we're not supposed to know who it is until the article is posted!
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Boost week has no green user, a strange trend of boosted missing a strong-ish color. Looks good otherwise. 
  • InfectiousYawn
    InfectiousYawn Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Options
    Stupid Jean Grey purple though..... Ugh 
    @DyingLegend The progression cover for the 4 * character is always (except when they messed up the pattern for Mockingbird) the second/middle color listed in the previous event's placement rewards.  
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @DyingLegend The progression cover for the 4 * character is always (except when they messed up the pattern for Mockingbird) the second/middle color listed in the previous event's placement rewards.  

I thought there was a few times they broke that cycle. I was  hoping they would offer a different color and break the cycle 
  • InfectiousYawn
    InfectiousYawn Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Options

I thought there was a few times they broke that cycle. I was  hoping they would offer a different color and break the cycle 
    If they keep changing the order of the placement covers, there shouldn't really be a need to intentionally break the progression cover being offered.  Nothing wrong with being hopeful and/or optimistic, though.
  • damianc
    damianc Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options
    @Brigby
    For Honor Among Thieves, which sub will be 48 hours?
  • Quebbster
    Options
    damianc said:
    @Brigby
    For Honor Among Thieves, which sub will be 48 hours?

Last run it was the first one. Until told otherwise I will assume that is still the case.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Boost week has no green user, a strange trend of boosted missing a strong-ish color. Looks good otherwise. 

That's cause we had to have Peggy AND FalCap the same week.. hmm I wonder which Y/B/R user players will choose.

Oh well.. we have Sentry and Doc Ock to fill in the green.. ah some of the best greens in the game! Low cost, high damage

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    And naturally, Nico’s most interesting power, which her kit is basically built around, is locked behind top10 in fact. Well, I that was to be expected I suppose.
  • Quebbster
    Options

That's cause we had to have Peggy AND FalCap the same week.. hmm I wonder which Y/B/R user players will choose.

Oh well.. we have Sentry and Doc Ock to fill in the green.. ah some of the best greens in the game! Low cost, high damage

I want to try out my 0/0/2 5* Gambit with Kingpin and Sam Wilson, actually. Would be fun to see how much damage I can do with Divebomb...