MPQ Sneak Peek: October 2017 Edition *Updated (10/26/17)

Options

Comments

• astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    broll said:

SR required to get into SCL 7 is 32 (which is probably lower than it really should be, but that's another topic) and it seems like the consensus that a very active player earns about 1 SR rank every 5-10 days (so for simplicity let's say a week).  So a player needs to play about 32 weeks (or 8-9 months) to be eligible for SCL 7.  

I think active players will get there much faster than that. I think the 5-10 day figure is accurate for players who've been playing for some time, but not for newbies.  I've been playing for 11 months and it takes me 4-6 days to advance a rank. But back when I was a newbie, I would get a new level every day or two - sometimes I even got two in a day. 
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. When it comes to the 5-Star Essential rotation, it cycles between the 3 Latest Legends to 2 Classic Legends, then back again to the Latest Legends.

As for Gambit (Modern) entering the rotation, I will be sure to ask the developers.
    LOL, I know I haven't played this game quite two years yet, but I'm not surprised by anything at this point. I can't believe anyone who has at least a year in the game is surprised anymore either.

I've said this before, I'll say it again: They did not plan on this game surviving this long and they had no plan on what to do at this point. You've got people in over their heads and they are throwing **** against the wall in order to keep the money tree growing. At least to me, its been pretty obvious for awhile now.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    D4Ni13 said:
    mexus said:
    Don't tell me Nightcrawler's gonna be a 5*, no!?
    Order says he's a 4*. There's no reason for him to be a 5*.  Probably the next 5* would be from Azgard. 
    It's a pretty safe assumption.  His absence from the 5* tier is obvious when you've got the rest of the core MCU Avengers (Iron Man, Captain America, Black Widow, Hawkeye, and the Hulk), and Thor: Ragnarok hits theaters real soon now.  I know people that have been building hoards for a presumed 5* Thor release for six months or more.
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    5* essential order is pure garbage. We have 20 5*s or so and we're gonna see part of them 10 times a year and the others 2 times a year. What a joke.
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Since vaulting came out, this was a thing in pve for 4 stars.  Feature the recent 12 for 2-3 events, then a vintage.  Any 12 leaving the rotation gets featured and interrupts the order, then gets buried.  

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 770 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Tomorrow is the final day of the current story and the end of the anniversary stuff

looks like Brigby will be working the weekend to update the sneak peeks as it’s Friday today 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    astrp3 said:
    broll said:

SR required to get into SCL 7 is 32 (which is probably lower than it really should be, but that's another topic) and it seems like the consensus that a very active player earns about 1 SR rank every 5-10 days (so for simplicity let's say a week).  So a player needs to play about 32 weeks (or 8-9 months) to be eligible for SCL 7.  

I think active players will get there much faster than that. I think the 5-10 day figure is accurate for players who've been playing for some time, but not for newbies.  I've been playing for 11 months and it takes me 4-6 days to advance a rank. But back when I was a newbie, I would get a new level every day or two - sometimes I even got two in a day. 
    Yep.  The amount of experience required for each successive rank increases, so those first 32 ranks can be achieved fairly rapidly, even when you take into account a new player has fewer opportunities to earn experience.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tomorrow is the final day of the current story and the end of the anniversary stuff

looks like Brigby will be working the weekend to update the sneak peeks as it’s Friday today 
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the anniversary stuff lasts until early Monday morning (EST).
  • turbomoose
    Options
    Yes it is, you are right but those who started simulator at the first slice will finish on Sunday 

so a new event will start Sunday 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yes it is, you are right but those who started simulator at the first slice will finish on Sunday 

Hopefully...  I don't think events typically start on Sunday... It's possible they messed up and there will be a 24 hour gap in PvE events.  If so that kind tinykittys all over double ISO.

@Brigby do you have any news for us on what events are upcoming or at least when they will start?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    broll said:

Hopefully...  I don't think events typically start on Sunday... It's possible they messed up and there will be a 24 hour gap in PvE events.  If so that kind tinykittys all over double ISO.

Brigby do you have any news for us on what events are upcoming or at least when they will start?
    Yes. I will be updating the Sneak Peek calendar today. Taking a quick glance at the calendar, I see that most of the upcoming events start on the 15th, but I will post the full details when I provide the update.
  • broll
    Options
    Brigby said:
    broll said:

Brigby do you have any news for us on what events are upcoming or at least when they will start?
    Yes. I will be updating the Sneak Peek calendar today. Taking a quick glance at the calendar, I see that most of the upcoming events start on the 15th, but I will post the full details when I provide the update.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,374 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    broll said:

Events start on Sundays a lot, actually.  The 3/4 day week is pretty much standard, so it depends on the Thursday event's length.

Also, don't expect the next event to have any double iso awards.  The events are either all double or not.  So if you play S1, your PVE double iso ends Sunday morning.  Pvp will be double iso til the end, though.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *(10/13/17) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, and Deadpool's Dailies
  • turbomoose
    Options
    Thanks Brigby, 

shame it’s MPQ V Deadpool again 

• broll
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Thanks Brigby, 

shame it’s MPQ V Deadpool again 
    They have to make sure to bookend the double ISO events with low ISO events so it all balances it out ;)
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thanks for the update @Brigby shame it is 5* daredevil again
    Are we getting season updates announcement today?
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,602 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Deadpool Vs. MPQ (10/15/17) *New Update*
    Featured Characters
    5-Star: Daredevil (Matt Murdock)
    4-Star: Mordo
    3-Star: Magneto (Classic)
    2-Star: Steve Rogers (Captain America)
    So Daredevil is the required 5* again, they aren't even making a half-assed attempt to go through the "3 Latest 2 Classic" cycle you JUST told us about on Wednesday?

Do the devs hate us? That's not rhetorical, @Brigby, I actually want to know. I've been opening Classic tokens because they were the best option for what I wanted out of this game, for the past 639 days, and this 5* Essential cycle deliberately takes a flaming dump on that choice. Do the devs hate us? Is there a limit to the amount of fun we're allowed to have, and they needed a way to ruin the goodwill earned via an X-Men Anniversary? Or what?

It is becoming increasingly difficult to forgive them for the inane decisions they make.
  • broll
    Options
    Arix90 said:
    Thanks for the update @Brigby shame it is 5* daredevil again
    Are we getting season updates announcement today?
    Doubtful, the off season hasn't actually started yet.  Probably will see that mid to late next week.