MPQ Sneak Peek: October 2017 Edition *Updated (10/26/17)

Options

Comments

• jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    sinnerjfl said:
    jamesh said:
    "Following the death of Wolverine, Spider-Man becomes a faculty member at the Jean Grey School for Higher Learning and tries to teach ethics to troubled students Eye-Boy, No-Girl, Rockslide, Shark-Girl, Hellion, Ernst, and Glob Herman."

Who the hell are these people... :D
    Probably the next three month's worth of new character releases.  It's X-Men mania!
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It was a pretty enjoyable series, I’m waiting for Spider-Man to join the inhumans next with his buddy torch
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Don't have Peter Parker, but fortunately I feel no great need for Mordo covers either. I Think I'll just skip the fivestar node and play mostly for progression.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    Don't have Peter Parker, but fortunately I feel no great need for Mordo covers either. I Think I'll just skip the fivestar node and play mostly for progression.

You are obviously their target customer for sticking Parker back in there already. He's still in latest--go blow your CP wad and chase the shiny latest toon!

No need to put old 5*'s as required. That won't get people to spend.
  • nyck1118
    nyck1118 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Lets see what 5 don't i have 1 cover of yet..oh Parker...yea lets make him the essential again. in an X-men event...$#%@!

I try to defend decisions made so much, but come on man.  there are 19....19!!!! 5 STARS NOW. why are we recycling back to 1 after you used the last 4 latest. get. it. together.

cherry on top...lets lock out 3 anniversary tokens too since anyone who doesn't have him now cant compete on that node.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Arix90 said:
    Wonder if dino will be the featured 4* for the simulator hopefully @Brigby can get this thread can get updated today 
    I wonder why Dino wasn't just boosted for both weeks of the Anniversary.  I thought that's what happened last year, but I could be mistaken...
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ZootSax said:
    Arix90 said:
    Wonder if dino will be the featured 4* for the simulator hopefully @Brigby can get this thread can get updated today 
    I wonder why Dino wasn't just boosted for both weeks of the Anniversary.  I thought that's what happened last year, but I could be mistaken...
    I think Dino was only boosted for his PVP; just like I assume he will be this year.  I can't recall him being boosted otherwise.

And really, he's such a bottom tier character.  (It's still sad that he was nerfed.)

I would use Sandman over Dino - at least Sandy stuns. And hey!  Look at the boosted list next week.  Sandman.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby with us being at the end of the 3* DDQ  cycle, is Gambit (Modern) going to make it in the rotation this time or is he gonna have to wait for it come all the way back around?

Also have you gotten confirmation on whether Spider-man (Peter Parker) is indeed the next 5* character feature for Simulator PvE?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Everyone. When it comes to the 5-Star Essential rotation, it cycles between the 3 Latest Legends to 2 Classic Legends, then back again to the Latest Legends.

As for Gambit (Modern) entering the rotation, I will be sure to ask the developers.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. When it comes to the 5-Star Essential rotation, it cycles between the 3 Latest Legends to 2 Classic Legends, then back again to the Latest Legends.

As for Gambit (Modern) entering the rotation, I will be sure to ask the developers.

last normal pve 5* essential was daredevil.  this doesn't even follow the explained pattern, which makes little sense, but hey, its an anti-hoarder move.  make a system where the most efficient action is to hoard.  then punish players for trying to be efficient.  I get it.  but can we at least follow the described system?
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This doesn't make any sense.  You don't do this for 3*. You don't do this for 4*.  So now you re write your own playbook for 5* so people don't hoard.  Heck, it takes MONTHS for us to get a new 4* Crash event yet you want to roll out a 5* essential right away?  Please explain this better and be truthful. Just say you don't want people to hoard and we will punish you if you do by dropping a new node into PVE that does against everything we have been doing for years with all new 3/4* because well.....we can. 
  • nyck1118
    nyck1118 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Does this not also just immensely benefit anyone who can whale out the latest 5, as they can crush that node quickly? so 3 out of 5 events anyone not in that category is SOL in PVE?
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,177 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    nyck1118 said:
    seems like info that would have been nice to give out at the beginning
    It's kinda like the change to the Heroes for Hire store. I still don't think there's been a clear explanation for how the "extra offers" are triggered.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,274 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:

What kind of horrible logic is behind this choice? Can we get some more info?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Milk Jugz said:
    Brigby said:

@Brigby

Just for a little further clarification....
    Venom Bomb, 9/21/17- Star Lord (Classic)
    Unstable Iso-8, 9/25/17- Peter Parker (Latest)
    Hearts of Darkness, 9/28/17- Doctor Octopus (Latest)
    Webbed Wonder, 10/2/17- Daredevil (Latest)
    Honor Among Thieves, 10/8/17- Silver Surfer (Classic)
    Simulator, 10/12/17- Peter Parker (Latest)

That does not follow the order you indicated......
    In their defense, the alliance event was between WW and HoT.  The rewards are always off on boss events too (WW gave Brocket for placement, X 23 was the alliance reward and is current progression.

It could be that if AvXmen was a normal PVE we would have had a Classic 5* essential.  It was just skipped, and they want to keep to their schedule based on events vs actual essentials.

Latest 5*s are actually the easiest to acquire 4 or 5* characters from pulls.  As long as you buy Latest you have a 5% chance at a specific 5.  And a 3.5% chance at a Latest 4.
  • broll
    edited October 2017
    Options
    This doesn't make any sense.  You don't do this for 3*. You don't do this for 4*.  So now you re write your own playbook for 5* so people don't hoard.  Heck, it takes MONTHS for us to get a new 4* Crash event yet you want to roll out a 5* essential right away?  Please explain this better and be truthful. Just say you don't want people to hoard and we will punish you if you do by dropping a new node into PVE that does against everything we have been doing for years with all new 3/4* because well.....we can. 
    Actually this sounds a lot like what the did with 4* rewards during vaulting...  How did that work out again?

Also 3 Latest then 2 Classics. Why was it only one this time then?

• broll
    Options
    Milk Jugz said:
    Brigby said:

@Brigby

Just for a little further clarification....
    Venom Bomb, 9/21/17- Star Lord (Classic)
    Unstable Iso-8, 9/25/17- Peter Parker (Latest)
    Hearts of Darkness, 9/28/17- Doctor Octopus (Latest)
    Webbed Wonder, 10/2/17- Daredevil (Latest)
    Honor Among Thieves, 10/8/17- Silver Surfer (Classic)
    Simulator, 10/12/17- Peter Parker (Latest)

That does not follow the order you indicated......
    I bet the Classic would have occurred during Apocalypse. Boss events always seem to throw off their orde@Brigby

Or they were just sloppy, there’s no precedent for that...