MPQ Sneak Peek: October 2017 Edition *Updated (10/26/17)

Options

Comments

• jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Mockingbird and Strange are the rewards for Let's be Frank. @Brigby
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    evade420 said:
    Even if they made it so the featured 5* was only boosted for that one node it would be a very welcome change, especially in scl 9
    plus whenever a 5* is boosted the powerboost is very meager on the lower levels so why not just boost them if not just for listing purposes
    Exactly!
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,502 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Woohoo!  My 255 Surfer is 365!  (Honor among Thieves) Now this is an anniversary gift.  Champ surfers are gonna be tearin this up.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    6000 damage for 8 red for the Boss event in round 8. Do you actively hate your players?
    Hulkbuster basically does the same damage per AP at level 300. You're talking about a boss at level 400, right?

With that being Round 8, no, they don't hate their players.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wonder how many newer players with champed 4s have a level 300 Hulkbuster or even a level 300 member of the X-Men that was boosted for that event.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, that is its own problem. If they are shifting Story event rewards to have Vintage 4*s once a week instead of the once every two weeks, that would make a good parity with the revised odds for 4*s in tokens.
  • Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    "Honor Among Thieves (10/8/17)"

Is that all the update we get for an "UPCOMING STORY EVENTS"?

Need to label it "Current Story Events" or even "Past Story Events" would be more accurate.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Was Very pleased to see the 5* get boosted over 100 levels.
    That allowed my 1/2/1 Surfer and 0/1/0 Gambit do all four of the 5* essential clears with boosted X-23 in CL8. 

Surfer blue placed on green to charge them. Gambit red for damage and to earn the easy green AP. X-23 goes berserk repeatedly, and the strikes reduce the cost of her purple for huge damage when I match the trap.
    *If I had a Gambit black cover I would not be able to play X-23 purple, so this team is very temporary, but fun.

Clears 5-7 will require Carol, but very glad to see the 5*s get boosted plenty.
  • PresidentDoom2020
    PresidentDoom2020 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    seriously? 10 days of Devil Dinosaur? who the hell wanted this? I hate Devil Dinosaur. does ANYONE really feel any joy in seeing this joke character barely anyone keeps because of how irrelevant he is get wheeled out FOR TWO CRASHES. I just want to get to the next crash cycle already
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    seriously? 10 days of Devil Dinosaur? who the hell wanted this? I hate Devil Dinosaur. does ANYONE really feel any joy in seeing this joke character barely anyone keeps because of how irrelevant he is get wheeled out FOR TWO CRASHES. I just want to get to the next crash cycle already
    I've been looking forward to this since I hit 13 covers in like March.  
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
     Dude, chill. Dino happens exactly once per year. That's 10 days out of 365. Perspective. 
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby

Can we get an update??? Please???
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    mexus said:
    Her arms when swapping tiles are awesome.
    Possibly my favorite animation in the whole game - that and Baby Groot running with the bomb in his hands
  • broll
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
     Dude, chill. Dino happens exactly once per year. That's 10 days out of 365. Perspective. 
    Well to be fair, true perspective is that:
    47 character are (or soon will be) rotating through Crash at this point.
    So that's 235 days leaving only 130 for the next cycle (which will have more characters)
    At this point Dino is the only one guaranteed to get 2 crashes per year, which when you look at it this way that is kinda silly...
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Options
    hey, don't be so rude.
    every dd is 1000 iso. 
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    broll said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    Well to be fair, true perspective is that:
    47 character are (or soon will be) rotating through Crash at this point.
    So that's 235 days leaving only 130 for the next cycle (which will have more characters)
    At this point Dino is the only one guaranteed to get 2 crashes per year, which when you look at it this way that is kinda silly...
    Fair enough, I suppose. I still see it as just 10 days out of 365, but that may be just me. 
  • broll
    edited October 2017
    Options
    @Brigby It's been 8 days since we've had an update.  I know you were out last week and off yesterday but please can we get an update on the upcoming stuffs?  I'll gladly give you a hamburger tomorrow for an update today!
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    broll said:
    @Brigby It's been 8 days since we've had an update.  I know you were out last week and off yesterday but please can we get an update on the upcoming stuffs?  I'll gladly give you a hamburger tomorrow for an update today!
    That's such a Wimpy offer. Geez. Can't you do better than that?
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    broll said:
    That's such a Wimpy offer. Geez. Can't you do better than that?
    It hurt the paraphrase that he was writing it on a Tuesday. Well, the next Versus banner should come up shortly anyway. No rush needed on the Story update. I'm wondering if we'll get a patch notes post more than anything.