MPQ Sneak Peek: October 2017 Edition *Updated (10/26/17)

Options

Comments

• CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    murmit said:
    So is the 4* rewarded from the new boss rush prof X?

It's normally the required 4* for the event after the boss event that is rewarded, so probably nor
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    CT1888 said:
    murmit said:

It's normally the required 4* for the event after the boss event that is rewarded, so probably nor

ooooh, speculations?
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My points of confusion.
    1. Webbed Wonder placement R4G, Mystique, Thor but X-Men vs Smurf requires Prof X, Quicksilver, Magneto?
    2. Carol and Thanos boosted for 2 weeks?
    I saw and explaination for PunMAX PVP, so that confusion is dealt with.
    Combined arms? I expect 3*Thanos, 4* nuke will be 50% of the teams.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Soooo... G4ocket is the placement reward for Webbed Wonder, yet Chuck is the featured for the boss event?

Don't get me wrong, G4ocket is great, and it makes sense thematically for the professor to be featured. So why couldn't he have been the placement reward?

I mean, I think this happens every boss event (mismatched placement/featured characters), so I guess I shouldn't be surprised by this point. My 2/2/1 Prof X could have used some love, though. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    CT1888 said:
    murmit said:

ooooh, speculations?
    I'm hoping for Vulture but they may go with one of the X-Men like Teen Jean, Wolverine or Cyclops. They could also do someone like Devil Dino since it's Anniversary.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Hopefully brigby will be able to confirm the 1* question that has been raised , I only have jugs in my roster and if I’m going to need others it would be good to know well before the event starts 
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm hoping for vulture, Yondu, lockjaw, or rogue for 4 star placement. All the formers just characters I can't seem to pull from tokens at the moment.

Considering that they are squeaking rogue in so soon, it would be a great move on their part to make her the 4 star to further fuel the training event.
  • astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    smkspy said:
    It would be a bad trend, if we all had to roster 1 stars again we should get a major discount on their roster slots lol.
    You know what would be really bad? If the event required two 1-stars and you were unable to play on day 1, despite having all the 3s and 4s champed because five minutes before the event, you cashed in the standard tokens you got from DDQ and PvE and there's no way to pay to get 1*s (or is there?).

I don't think that's going to be the case, but I may hoard my standards until Thursday just in case.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yes I’m going to do that as well 
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

astrp3 said:
    smkspy said:
    It would be a bad trend, if we all had to roster 1 stars again we should get a major discount on their roster slots lol.
    You know what would be really bad? If the event required two 1-stars and you were unable to play on day 1, despite having all the 3s and 4s champed because five minutes before the event, you cashed in the standard tokens you got from DDQ and PvE and there's no way to pay to get 1*s (or is there?).

I don't think that's going to be the case, but I may hoard my standards until Thursday just in case.

If I was to hazard a guess, and going on previous boss events, the 1 star essentials will actually be characters that have multiple versions of them that are all usable, but no harm in holding on to a wee stash in the meantime.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    any discription on boss battle?
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Versus will be tough as hell: boosted Carol & Medusa incoming...
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    CT1888 said:

astrp3 said:
    smkspy said:

If I was to hazard a guess, and going on previous boss events, the 1 star essentials will actually be characters that have multiple versions of them that are all usable, but no harm in holding on to a wee stash in the meantime.
    Hope this will be the case. There are only 2 X-men themed 1* and one of them is Juggernaut who I suspect might be a "Horseman of Apocalypse" so might not even be playable. Needing an extra roster slot would be annoying but could be used for 3* Gambit but needing 2 would be mean when we will have vaults etc to spend our HP on.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    astrp3 said:
    smkspy said:

Good point, gonna start hoarding my standards too, or at least not sell them especially storm.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2017
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    CT1888 said:

astrp3 said:
    smkspy said:

Hope this will be the case. There are only 2 X-men themed 1* and one of them is Juggernaut who I suspect might be a "Horseman of Apocalypse" so might not even be playable. Needing an extra roster slot would be annoying but could be used for 3* Gambit but needing 2 would be mean when we will have vaults etc to spend our HP on.
    As I remember this kind of events don't limit the rarity, but the hero itself. Thus having to play with Storm, you could play with any Storm. But yeah, juggernaut would require a temporary slot if your really want to have him. I will not bother with him. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    D4Ni13 said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    CT1888 said:

astrp3 said:
    smkspy said:

As I remember this kind of events don't limit the rarity, but the hero itself. Thus having to play with Storm, you could play with any Storm. But yeah, juggernaut would require a temporary slot if your really want to have him. I will not bother with him. 
    I think you are right, in fact I seem to recall playing Civil War where at the time I didn't have 3* Spidey rostered so got by with the 1* version on a temporary roster slot basis, so sort of in reverse.
  • astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    D4Ni13 said:
    I think you are right, in fact I seem to recall playing Civil War where at the time I didn't have 3* Spidey rostered so got by with the 1* version on a temporary roster slot basis, so sort of in reverse.
    Ah good. I hope that's the case. I was confused by the two 1*s because I thought there was only one 1* X-Men member. Didn't know Juggs was an X-man (shows what I know about X-men comics).
  • Uber303
    Uber303 Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Options
    Boosted Blade strange medusa combo is heavyweight!
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Pvp occasionally rewards 1* characters when you win fights as a heads up. And you can get standard tokens from the prolouge if you're like me and never finished all the matches in it.