MPQ Sneak Peek: October 2017 Edition *Updated (10/26/17)

Options

Comments

• PresidentDoom2020
    PresidentDoom2020 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I ain't buying slots at 1000HP a pop for 1*s for a single boss event. I sincerely hope the wording is just awkward and the 1* thing is just in reference to Storm
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I ain't buying slots at 1000HP a pop for 1*s for a single boss event. I sincerely hope the wording is just awkward and the 1* thing is just in reference to Storm
    We agree that your point is valid, but roster slots are kept forever, and if we need an additional 1* for the event, it can just be in that slot temporarily.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The great thing about 1*s is, if your alliance clears round 8 and you already have all the rewards, you can use 3 level 1s, start boss, then retreat to open the 500 ISO a pop side missions.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    We agree that your point is valid, but roster slots are kept forever, and if we need an additional 1* for the event, it can just be in that slot temporarily.
    I sold a 2* and didn't reroll the slot.  Next ST I opened happened to be Storm and it auto rostered her, so I guess I'm covered if they make that requirement?  LOL  @Brigby it would be good to get confirmation on that message.
  • PresidentDoom2020
    Options
    no. you don't get to encourage this type of milking. nobody likes a brownnoser. they're clearly experimenting with new ways to milk players and if you give them an inch you'll give them a mile.
  • broll
    Options
    no. you don't get to encourage this type of milking. nobody likes a brownnoser. they're clearly experimenting with new ways to milk players and if you give them an inch you'll give them a mile.
    So you're saying they're clearly doing this based on vague and unclear 1 line that everyone's assuming it's meaning... ok...  We don't even have confirmation it means anything like what people are assuming....
  • PresidentDoom2020
    Options
    broll said:
    So you're saying they're clearly doing this based on vague and unclear 1 line that everyone's assuming it's meaning... ok...  We don't even have confirmation it means anything like what people are assuming....
    I don't have the highest opinion of their new ideas considering the way the Rogue training event worked out.
  • broll
    Options
    broll said:
    I don't have the highest opinion of their new ideas considering the way the Rogue training event worked out.
    What's your opinion on people who make assumptions and fly off the handle?  :-p
  • PresidentDoom2020
    Options
    broll said:
    broll said:

guess
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I highly doubt that they would require a 1* to be rostered to be able to do a mission. I mean can you imagine trying to do a 1* essential node on round 8 past the first day or two? I'm just assuming that it will be like past events where you could use different versions of a character so if you're new and don't have 3* Storm yet you could still use the 1* version.
  • astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    broll said:
    Thankfully, that's rare on these boards, Broll.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shardwick said:
    I'm just assuming that it will be like past events where you could use different versions of a character so if you're new and don't have 3* Storm yet you could still use the 1* version.
    That's my guess as well. Like last event on the "Spider-man" required nodes. Bag-Man was always selected for me, but any of the various spider-man characters (the ones who are mutually exclusive with each other) were allowed.
  • PresidentDoom2020
    Options
    shardwick said:
    I'm just assuming that it will be like past events where you could use different versions of a character so if you're new and don't have 3* Storm yet you could still use the 1* version.
    That's my guess as well. Like last event on the "Spider-man" required nodes. Bag-Man was always selected for me, but any of the various spider-man characters (the ones who are mutually exclusive with each other) were allowed.
    boss events often had nodes where any version of a character goes. this is the first time they used any weird wordings to denote that though
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It would not be the first time they've badly described something that could have been explained more easily, however.
  • astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    shardwick said:
    boss events often had nodes where any version of a character goes. this is the first time they used any weird wordings to denote that though
    Exactly. I agree that this will probably be business as usual for a boss event, but that weird wording has me wondering if they're going to try something different. I can't believe they'd require us to roster 1*s, though (but holy mother mccree, can you imagine how the forums would blow up if they did). 

And I seriously am hoarding any 1* covers I get until we get clarification (which, judging by how things usually go, will probably be when the event starts) - especially Storm covers.
  • Marine8394
    Marine8394 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    At this point if no clarification has been given. I am leaning toward saving 1* juuuuust in case. Having to re-roster1* seems silly even by D3 standards, but then again they have nerfed 1* in the past. And I hate to sound negative, it somehow makes sense they would do something odd like this for the anniversary. Just praying for a crash free anniversary.
  • Magere
    Magere Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Options
    Ok so what time do the events start (first slice)?
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Options
    astrp3 said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    D4Ni13 said:
    As I remember this kind of events don't limit the rarity, but the hero itself. Thus having to play with Storm, you could play with any Storm. But yeah, juggernaut would require a temporary slot if your really want to have him. I will not bother with him. 
    I think you are right, in fact I seem to recall playing Civil War where at the time I didn't have 3* Spidey rostered so got by with the 1* version on a temporary roster slot basis, so sort of in reverse.
    Ah good. I hope that's the case. I was confused by the two 1*s because I thought there was only one 1* X-Men member. Didn't know Juggs was an X-man (shows what I know about X-men comics).
    Now that you mention that... is 3* Magneto considered X-Men ? I mean is Juggs is X-Men, than Magneto should be as well.
  • PresidentDoom2020
    Options
    D4Ni13 said:
    astrp3 said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    D4Ni13 said:
    As I remember this kind of events don't limit the rarity, but the hero itself. Thus having to play with Storm, you could play with any Storm. But yeah, juggernaut would require a temporary slot if your really want to have him. I will not bother with him. 
    I think you are right, in fact I seem to recall playing Civil War where at the time I didn't have 3* Spidey rostered so got by with the 1* version on a temporary roster slot basis, so sort of in reverse.
    Ah good. I hope that's the case. I was confused by the two 1*s because I thought there was only one 1* X-Men member. Didn't know Juggs was an X-man (shows what I know about X-men comics).
    Now that you mention that... is 3* Magneto considered X-Men ? I mean is Juggs is X-Men, than Magneto should be as well.
    if you think about hell. Juggernaut isn't even a mutant.