MPQ Sneak Peek: October 2017 Edition *Updated (10/26/17)

Options

Comments

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    broll said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    seriously? 10 days of Devil Dinosaur? who the hell wanted this? I hate Devil Dinosaur. does ANYONE really feel any joy in seeing this joke character barely anyone keeps because of how irrelevant he is get wheeled out FOR TWO CRASHES. I just want to get to the next crash cycle already
     Dude, chill. Dino happens exactly once per year. That's 10 days out of 365. Perspective. 
    Well to be fair, true perspective is that:
    47 character are (or soon will be) rotating through Crash at this point.
    So that's 235 days leaving only 130 for the next cycle (which will have more characters)
    At this point Dino is the only one guaranteed to get 2 crashes per year, which when you look at it this way that is kinda silly...
    Fair enough, I suppose. I still see it as just 10 days out of 365, but that may be just me. 
    Not just you; it's definitely 2 DD crashes per year vs. 71 (not devil dino) crashes per year.
  • PresidentDoom2020
    PresidentDoom2020 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    broll said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    seriously? 10 days of Devil Dinosaur? who the hell wanted this? I hate Devil Dinosaur. does ANYONE really feel any joy in seeing this joke character barely anyone keeps because of how irrelevant he is get wheeled out FOR TWO CRASHES. I just want to get to the next crash cycle already
     Dude, chill. Dino happens exactly once per year. That's 10 days out of 365. Perspective. 
    Well to be fair, true perspective is that:
    47 character are (or soon will be) rotating through Crash at this point.
    So that's 235 days leaving only 130 for the next cycle (which will have more characters)
    At this point Dino is the only one guaranteed to get 2 crashes per year, which when you look at it this way that is kinda silly...
    Fair enough, I suppose. I still see it as just 10 days out of 365, but that may be just me. 
    it's not just that, it's also a niche character most people probably don't keep. like I wouldn't be mad if they made Devil Dino like a bonus crash for the Anniversary. hell they could have made a Crash of the Mad Titan-esque bonus DDQ thing for the anniversary, instead I'm just sitting here twiddling my thumbs 
  • Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    You would think the devs would be excited about another anniversary, but their silence speaks volumes. I guess there is nothing interesting to talk about, so they chose to just ignore the community.
  • PresidentDoom2020
    PresidentDoom2020 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    wasn't NYCC this week? probably the con flu again
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Arphaxad said:
    You would think the devs would be excited about another anniversary, but their silence speaks volumes. I guess there is nothing interesting to talk about, so they chose to just ignore the community.

Well, they love interacting with the community on Discord and Facebook. They just treat the forums like the red headed step child of the family.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options

Danger Room preview is now up in-game.

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Danger Room banner is up. It's using the usual weekly boosted list though. So now the wait to find out what its unique rules are?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Everyone. Sorry for the lack of an update. As some have mentioned, we have been working at our booth in NYCC the past week/weekend, and only just returned today. I'll be sure to update the sneak peek today to include details of the upcoming events.

In addition, the Danger Room is an all-new X-Men themed Versus tournament that features Hazard tiles. Hazard tiles will sometimes drop onto the board from the top, and they'll either destroy an entire row or column.
  • zodiac339
    Options
    Heh, I was wondering if board hazards were playing into this one. Okay, cool. Not just "Simulator with weekly boosted".
  • Brigby
    Options
    *(10/10/17) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, Deadpool's Dailies, and Weekly Buffs
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Gosh I wonder who everyone and their dog will be using for pvp this week.
  • zodiac339
    Options
    shardwick said:
    Gosh I wonder who everyone and their dog will be using for pvp this week.
    Sandman obviously. And the 3* Starlord, or maybe She Hulk. I mean, it's not as if they boosted an obviously super OP broken combo or anything, right?
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @Brigby is Peter Parker the correct 5* for Simulator? He was required a couple events ago. 
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jgomes32 said:
    @Brigby is Peter Parker the correct 5* for Simulator? He was required a couple events ago. 
    Yeah, was gonna ask for clarification on that as well. Not that I'm complaining, since I have Peter Parker and don't have Back in Black. 

Also @Brigby, for Dino's PvP you listed only one cover for Moon Knight's placement reward instead of two, and in the Alliance rewards, it lists 3* Gambit green, and he doesn't have a green cover. Should that have been the second cover for MK?
  • Brigby
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    jgomes32 said:
    Yeah, was gonna ask for clarification on that as well. Not that I'm complaining, since I have Peter Parker and don't have Back in Black. 

Also Brigby, for Dino's PvP you listed only one cover for Moon Knight's placement reward instead of two, and in the Alliance rewards, it lists 3* Gambit green, and he doesn't have a green cover. Should that have been the second cover for MK?
    I've corrected the placement rewards for Dino's PvP, however as of right now, Spider-Man (Peter Parker) appears to be the correct featured character. I will double check with the development team though.
  • fnedude
    fnedude Posts: 379 Mover and Shaker
    Options

So all of the boosted 4*'s are "latest" essentially (4Gamora, 4Danny, Sandman, 4R&G, Agent Coulson).  So no "old" characters?  No Elektra, SpiderGwen, Spiderwoman, Thing?  That sucks (variety wise).

• sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Why is Spider-Man the 5* essential AGAIN? He's not an X-Men and he was essential like 3 events ago.

• jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    sinnerjfl said:
    Why is Spider-Man the 5* essential AGAIN? He's not an X-Men and he was essential like 3 events ago.
    There's a whole comic about it though:

http://marvel.com/comics/series/19676/spider-man_the_x-men_2014_-_present
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jamesh said:
    sinnerjfl said:
    There's a whole comic about it though:

http://marvel.com/comics/series/19676/spider-man_the_x-men_2014_-_present
    Still Wolverine (OML) and Jean (Phoenix) actually were X-Men and they were the logical next 2.  If it's Spidey it makes absolutely no sense....
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jamesh said:
    "Following the death of Wolverine, Spider-Man becomes a faculty member at the Jean Grey School for Higher Learning and tries to teach ethics to troubled students Eye-Boy, No-Girl, Rockslide, Shark-Girl, Hellion, Ernst, and Glob Herman."

Who the hell are these people... :D