MPQ Sneak Peek: October 2017 Edition *Updated (10/26/17)

Options
1111213141517»

Comments

• Ouroboros9999
    Ouroboros9999 Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Can anyone explain how these new LRs work...you can be hit by anyone but bracket is only 20 people?

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Can anyone explain how these new LRs work...you can be hit by anyone but bracket is only 20 people?

Same as every other LR, just with smaller brackets.
  • Ouroboros9999
    Options
    Ok, I read it as only playing vs groups of 20 but all hits were outside ranking 20

• Toastedpet
    Toastedpet Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Why is 5* Spidey the essential character in venom bomb?  That's three PVE's this month for him. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ok, I read it as only playing vs groups of 20 but all hits were outside ranking 20

Well, it's possible to fight someone in your group but not too likely. In the very first lightning round for my group a 3* player had a lot of points and he showed up for me so I snagged a quick win for the points. I think most people stopped playing after that.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Why is 5* Spidey the essential character in venom bomb?  That's three PVE's this month for him. 
    Would you prefer Gambit instead ? 

It's because they said they will have req 5* as this pattern: 3 latest 5*, 2 classic 5*. Since Green Goblin and Bolt were the last 2, and now it's time to latest again, they had to choose between Spidey and Daredevil, since Gambit was boosted until now. And since Daredevil was the last required latest 5* (before Bolt), now it's Spidey time... again. 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby: so is there any word on Vulture being featured in Crash of the Titans?  Maybe slot him in after Venom similar to how Gwenpool was handled on her first Crash?

It seems odd that Lockjaw (a newer character) was added to the Behemoth Burrito rotation but Vulture has been skipped over.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jamesh said:
    @Brigby: so is there any word on Vulture being featured in Crash of the Titans?  Maybe slot him in after Venom similar to how Gwenpool was handled on her first Crash?

It seems odd that Lockjaw (a newer character) was added to the Behemoth Burrito rotation but Vulture has been skipped over.
    That's what happens when you're Adrian Toomes and he's Royal Bulldog, instead of Rdrian Toomes and Aoyal Bulldog...
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jamesh said:

That's what happens when you're Adrian Toomes and he's Royal Bulldog, instead of Rdrian Toomes and Aoyal Bulldog...
    I wasn't expecting him to show up out of rotation order.  My point is that we've got Agent Venom as Crash today (and as Burrito on Wednesday according to the the initial post), who I would expect to come after Vulture.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Apparently the "must be a placement Award twice in PvE" rule still applies to the Crash but maybe not to the Burrito.

Considering that you get to bring a whole team to the Burrito, I suppose it is understandable.

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster said:

Apparently the "must be a placement Award twice in PvE" rule still applies to the Crash but maybe not to the Burrito.

Considering that you get to bring a whole team to the Burrito, I suppose it is understandable.

That would account for Vulture's absence from the Crash, but doesn't explain why he wasn't in the Burrito.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Guess maybe I should have paid a Little attention to who was in the Burrito too huh?

• Ouroboros9999
    Options
    Ok, I don't know who's idea it was to have Sakaar Arena LRs for a week.....but THEY ARE A FLIPPIN' GENIUS!!!
    I love it...and hope it becomes a regular feature.
  • Toastedpet
    Toastedpet Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Options
    D4Ni13 said:

It's because they said they will have req 5* as this pattern: 3 latest 5*, 2 classic 5*. Since Green Goblin and Bolt were the last 2, and now it's time to latest again, they had to choose between Spidey and Daredevil, since Gambit was boosted until now. And since Daredevil was the last required latest 5* (before Bolt), now it's Spidey time... again. 

D4Ni13 said:

Yes I would. I didn't see that they had a pattern for the 5* essential