MPQ Sneak Peek: October 2017 Edition *Updated (10/26/17)

Options

Comments

• granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Anyone else think that boosted list screams out for a boss event? Boss killers on every tier.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well I'm thinking/hoping that the new SHIELD Training will be set up similar to Crash where you won't be required to have an essential character at a certain level but that it would definitely help you out. So if a node has a high level enemy then if you can last long enough to kill them off with whales you could still progress instead of essentially being denied the ability to play the node because your Rogue or Elektra isn't a high enough level.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yellow 4* Rocket and Groot cover from progression?

That's exactly what my 2/4/0 R&G needed!
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Options
    shardwick said:
    Well I'm thinking/hoping that the new SHIELD Training will be set up similar to Crash where you won't be required to have an essential character at a certain level but that it would definitely help you out. So if a node has a high level enemy then if you can last long enough to kill them off with whales you could still progress instead of essentially being denied the ability to play the node because your Rogue or Elektra isn't a high enough level.
    I don't have Elektra, so there goes my chance for a free cover... again. I wonder how high the level requirements are this time though.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My Elektra and Invisible Woman are fully covered.

My Rogue only has 3 covers though. Hopefully there is no cover requirement for Rogue seeing as how she's barely a month old.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Anon said:

My Rogue only has 3 covers though. Hopefully there is no cover requirement for Rogue seeing as how she's barely a month old.
    She will enter the packs so you can cover her if you have CP & luck. At least that is my plan. I gathered 500 CP since she entered the game, and I'm planning to pursue her with them. I will post the results on the forum (until now I have 25 classics potential pulls - going on 26 by thursday - and 10 LTs - but probably waiting on Gambit with those -)
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    CT1888 said:
    Boosted Doc Ock. I rejoice while thousands weep.
    For the Nightcrawler release.. I can't wait to blast CL9 with his boosted Nuclear Reactor!!!!!!
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Daiches said:
    Hunt???!?? Release event in article was Thick as Thieves with Hunt as event after.
    @Brigby
    I hope that is an error. Having only a single day to work through The Hunt's second sub-bracket is extremely grindy.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Anon said:

Well, you have to get her to level 209. So that's something like 10 covers.

Ooooh... 3* system reboot. Lets get those rumors moving, people.
  • Killians8
    Killians8 Posts: 134 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm going to put my money on Ragnarock for the 3* change given the Thor movie is coming out. There are some who need it worse, but that's not typically how they prioritize.
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So Rogue level 209 will be required to get a Nightcrawler cover from Shield Training. That's cute.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    With the last run of SHIELD Training, it looked like it was mostly "extra covers for veterans", since it required well covered versions of vintage characters that hadn't been featured for a long time.  If they're keeping the level 209 requirement but adding Rogue as an essential, then it is more "extra covers for big spenders".

It's not necessarily a bad thing for them to introduce new incentives for the big spenders, but it wasn't obvious the first time around that this is what the SHIELD Training event was for.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Killians8 said:
    I'm going to put my money on Ragnarock for the 3* change given the Thor movie is coming out. There are some who need it worse, but that's not typically how they prioritize.
    The Time Gem Season Updates thread says it'll be Nick Fury and Psylocke.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Oh god no!!!! The Hunt!!!!!! Urgh. 

At least its only 3 days this time, but the repetition of the same combo of opponents in every fight for 3 days is still too much. 
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby article still says Thick as Thieves and this say Hunt.  Can we please get an answer.  This makes a world of differnace with pve and pvp ending 1 hr apart.  Need to plan for this.   
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Brigby article still says Thick as Thieves and this say Hunt.  Can we please get an answer.  This makes a world of differnace with pve and pvp ending 1 hr apart.  Need to plan for this.   
    Hi @The rockett. The Hunt is the correct upcoming event. Thick as Thieves is anticipated to be run on the 22nd.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby thanks but this is terrible.  Another new release with a pve and pvp ending 1 hour apart again. Can this please be stopped 
  • Tupou
    Tupou Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Can't you just select time slots that end further apart?
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just do a 3-8hr shield before an event ends. PVP is out of the way and then you can focus on your end grind and the clears of the new pve event. 
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    He's talking about for alliance rewards, not personal rewards.