MPQ Sneak Peek: October 2017 Edition *Updated (10/26/17)

Options

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    Deadpool Vs. MPQ (10/15/17) *New Update*
    Featured Characters
    5-Star: Daredevil (Matt Murdock)
    4-Star: Mordo
    3-Star: Magneto (Classic)
    2-Star: Steve Rogers (Captain America)
    So Daredevil is the required 5* again, they aren't even making a half-assed attempt to go through the "3 Latest 2 Classic" cycle you JUST told us about on Wednesday?

Do the devs hate us? That's not rhetorical, @Brigby, I actually want to know. I've been opening Classic tokens because they were the best option for what I wanted out of this game, for the past 639 days, and this 5* Essential cycle deliberately takes a flaming dump on that choice. Do the devs hate us? Is there a limit to the amount of fun we're allowed to have, and they needed a way to ruin the goodwill earned via an X-Men Anniversary? Or what?

It is becoming increasingly difficult to forgive them for the inane decisions they make.
    I'm 75% certain that the boss event would have been when the 2nd classic character would have come in, but we missed it due to the event.  Not an excuse, but it's well document that the boss events cause characters to get skipped from expected rotation.  That means after DD we will get either Ock or if Gambit is actually in the packs in time I could see them throwing him at us the second he's in Latest packs.  Then we'll get 2 classics back to back most likely.
  • cpeyton3535
    cpeyton3535 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Really hoping there's a bit of time before Gambit works his way into the 5* Essential rotation.  Time for those of us who don't yet have him to get him rostered (it's not for lack of trying in my case, RNG has been downright cruel!).

Now that I've said that, he'll probably be the 5* Essential for the Nightcrawler release event.  Now THAT would be downright malicious.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    broll said:
    JHawkInc said:
    Featured Characters
    So Daredevil is the required 5* again, they aren't even making a half-assed attempt to go through the "3 Latest 2 Classic" cycle you JUST told us about on Wednesday?

Do the devs hate us? That's not rhetorical, @Brigby, I actually want to know. I've been opening Classic tokens because they were the best option for what I wanted out of this game, for the past 639 days, and this 5* Essential cycle deliberately takes a flaming dump on that choice. Do the devs hate us? Is there a limit to the amount of fun we're allowed to have, and they needed a way to ruin the goodwill earned via an X-Men Anniversary? Or what?

It is becoming increasingly difficult to forgive them for the inane decisions they make.
    I'm 75% certain that the boss event would have been when the 2nd classic character would have come in, but we missed it due to the event.  Not an excuse, but it's well document that the boss events cause characters to get skipped from expected rotation.  That means after DD we will get either Ock or if Gambit is actually in the packs in time I could see them throwing him at us the second he's in Latest packs.  Then we'll get 2 classics back to back most likely.
    I'm not particularly happy with their rotation ideas, but if one of the next 2 classics is my beloved Phoenix I'll be downright giddy.......

Really hoping there's a bit of time before Gambit works his way into the 5* Essential rotation.  Time for those of us who don't yet have him to get him rostered (it's not for lack of trying in my case, RNG has been downright cruel!).

Now that I've said that, he'll probably be the 5* Essential for the Nightcrawler release event.  Now THAT would be downright malicious.
    I would not put that past them at all, as a matter of fact I suggested that in my alliance line chat room.....
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I know this is gonna sound like a complaint, and it's totally not, because they're awesome, but why is G4ocket placement rewards again so soon? They were the placement reward in Webbed Wonder, right before the boss event, only about two weeks ago.

@Brigby (or anyone, really) correct me if I'm wrong, but we haven't seen Vulture featured since he was released like three months ago, and his potential Crash is coming up at the end of the month.

I'm assuming Nightcrawler's release event will be after DP vs. MPQ. That will take us to about a week before the Crash rotation flips on Oct. 30, and from my understanding if Vulture isn't featured by then, he won't be for the better part of a year. So from what I can tell, he'll need to be the placement reward in the event after Nightcrawler's release or the event after that. 

To a lesser degree, same thing goes for Yondu, although, there are several more characters between now and his potential Crash. 
  • cpeyton3535
    cpeyton3535 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Milk Jugz said:
    I would not put that past them at all, as a matter of fact I suggested that in my alliance line chat room.....
    I so hope it isn't the case, but I can't shake the feeling that it's going to happen.  I'll be happy to be wrong!
  • DarthDeVo
    Options
    Milk Jugz said:
    broll said:
    JHawkInc said:
    Featured Characters

I'm not particularly happy with their rotation ideas, but if one of the next 2 classics is my beloved Phoenix I'll be downright giddy.......

I don't think 5* Gambit will be in Latests until 10/24 or so (about two weeks after the Mes Amis store went away). I'm planning my initial hoard pull for that day anyway, so long as Rogue will be in the tokens as well. 

I'm assuming Nightcrawler's release will start the 19th, so in theory Gambit still won't be in tokens, thus not qualifying as a Latest Legend. 

But, I made sure to pull at least one cover from the Mes Amis store, just in case...
  • Milk Jugz
    edited October 2017
    Options
    CT1888 said:
    Please be Doc Ock for the Nightcrawler event, please be Doc Ock. Me and the 7 other people who champed him will RULE!
    I hope so too, mine now 455
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    Featured Characters

@Brigby I've always seen @JHawkInc as a fair but very positive poster. To see them really question the direction the game is taking is quite serious imho. They're not a whiner, but are obviously deeply unhappy. Please don't let down your dedicated fans like this..

I don't have DD or Spidey, not because I don't like or want them. But because fully covering a 5* necessitates hoarding. If I do that though I get locked out of content. Sure, my decision but I do think it's harsh to be punished so often for not having 2 characters. Can common sense not prevail a little? When my alliance are talking about the challenge in these nodes it's definitely not nice to feel left out. 

A while back we were told demiurge were listening. It sure doesn't feel that way right now.

• madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @Brigby

Will the boosted list for Black Vortex be adjusted this run to include the newer variants of Guardians and such?

I believe that was brought up last time when the preview came up when it was too late to make any changes.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yeah, MPQ vs. Deadpool again! Let me guess, Hearts of Darkness comes next, doesn´t it? 
  • DarthDeVo
    Options
    Yeah, MPQ vs. Deadpool again! Let me guess, Hearts of Darkness comes next, doesn´t it? 
    Maybe Meet Rocket and Groot, since they're the placement reward. 

Again. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Freaking R4G again. Come on, man, my nine cover Vulture wants some love.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Milk Jugz said:
    Well, the first classic they ran was Silver Surfer.  So if we assume they're going in release order and skipped one for the boss event, I wouldn't be surprised if the next two classics are Phoenix and Spider-Man.
  • Milk Jugz
    Options
    jamesh said:
    Milk Jugz said:
    Well, the first classic they ran was Silver Surfer.  So if we assume they're going in release order and skipped one for the boss event, I wouldn't be surprised if the next two classics are Phoenix and Spider-Man.
    Poor [s]OML[/s] owners of champed OMLs; just can't catch a break.
    Yeah, should be OML, then hopefully Phoenix
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 770 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I hope it’s not venom bomb for the nightcrawler release 

don’t we have another run of the boss event to come ? I’m sure I read that in the article, though I could be thinking of something else 

• Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I hope it’s not venom bomb for the nightcrawler release 

don’t we have another run of the boss event to come ? I’m sure I read that in the article, though I could be thinking of something else 

I dont think there was any mention about rerunning apoc
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @Brigby can you check with the devs to see if we'll get some new boosted characters for black vortex this time around?
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby can you check with the devs to see if we'll get some new boosted characters for black vortex this time around?
    Are actually asking for two more straight events of boosted Grockmora? Placement for Gambit PVP does kind of suggest 3*Lord might be boosted at least. But off-season events ar a bit weird.