MPQ Sneak Peek: October 2017 Edition *Updated (10/26/17)

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    @Brigby so D3/Demi just made Meet Rockett and Groot a 3 day event from a 4 day event by removing the 48 hr sub to make this event now end within 1 hr of pvp this weekend.  Again another overlap that was done on purpose.  Please explain.  

Personally I like it quite a bit. I don't need to keep track of which sub is the 48 hour one when there isn't one, we don't get the rewards lag from the 48 hour sub, and when the event ends on a Sunday night I can pick a slightly better slice with a slightly worse end time since I don't need to do the initial grind afterwards.

Now we just need some more true fourday events...

I have mixed feelings about 48hr subs.  it a nice break of the everyday grind, but I like the 24hr sub rewards.  My point is that it seems this move was made to take away a known 48hr sub and make it a 24hr sub to have the PVE and PVP end 1 hr apart.  That is my point with this. 

Yes, like with many other Changes this has upsides and downsides. I am not trying to downplay the downsides, just wanted to Point at some of the upsides.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    It's good they got rid of the 48 hour sub cause that sucks for ISO generation.

But in a typical Demiurge Jekyll/Hyde fashion they made it so PVE and PVP ends within one hour again.

But hey, it's not a new release...

...that'll be next weekend, because it exactly leaves room for a 3 and 4 day event that ends next Sunday.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby: the H4H store preview seems to indicate that Agent Venom will be the next character featured for Crash of the Titans.  Shouldn't it be Vulture? (since "Adrian Toomes" sorts before "Agent Venom")
  • Quebbster
    edited October 2017
    jamesh said:
    @Brigby: the H4H store preview seems to indicate that Agent Venom will be the next character featured for Crash of the Titans.  Shouldn't it be Vulture? (since "Adrian Toomes" sorts before "Agent Venom")

Guess the "needs to be a PvE placement Award twice Before getting a Crash" rule is still in effect.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    jamesh said:

Guess the "needs to be a PvE placement Award twice Before getting a Crash" rule is still in effect.
    It's crazy that in the three or so months since he was released they haven't managed to feature him at least one more time. 
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo said:
    Quebbster said:
    jamesh said:

It's crazy that in the three or so months since he was released they haven't managed to feature him at least one more time. 
    I thought our usual complaint was, “50+ Legendaries, but they keep running the new ones”?
  • DarthDeVo
    zodiac339 said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    Quebbster said:
    jamesh said:

I thought our usual complaint was, “50+ Legendaries, but they keep running the new ones”?
    Indeed. Which makes the fact that he hasn't been featured since his release that much more of an outlier.

I'm just perturbed that it's one more Crash and thus one more LT we'll miss out on, especially when there was plenty of time to feature him at least once. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *(10/26/17) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, Deadpool's Dailies, and added Marvel's article on Thor (Gladiator)
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo said:
    zodiac339 said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    Quebbster said:
    jamesh said:

Indeed. Which makes the fact that he hasn't been featured since his release that much more of an outlier.

I'm just perturbed that it's one more Crash and thus one more LT we'll miss out on, especially when there was plenty of time to feature him at least once. 
    They can't feature him because it would conflict with them wanting to feature R4G and G4mora as much as possible.  
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo said:

Wait... why are we missing out on an LT?
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    *(10/26/17) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, Deadpool's Dailies, and added Marvel's article on Thor (Gladiator)
    So Vulture is also being skipped for the Behemoth Burrito mission, even though a newer character (Lockjaw) was added to the rotation?  Is there something special about Vulture?
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo said:

Wait... why are we missing out on an LT?
     Yeah, I didn't think that one out too well. :lol:
  • zodiac339
    @Brigby Please check date of Venom Bomb. October is slightly shorter than that.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    zodiac339 said:
    Nonsense. It starts right after the 213-day variant of Meet Rocket & Groot. You thought 48h slices were bad :)
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    zodiac339 said:
    Brigby Please check date of Venom Bomb. October is slightly shorter than that.
    Nonsense. It starts right after the 213-day variant of Meet Rocket & Groot. You thought 48h slices were bad :)
    I just REALLY like Halloween, and didn't want it to end. :P /joke
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 said:
    No Sir, I don’t complain about those. I also wouldn’t complain about the resource generation of those days being fully doubled, but I do appreciate the rest. And by rest I mean more time spent on PVP, but I’m sure you understand MPQish.
  • Quebbster

Spider-man as essential fivestar in Venom Bomb... the one Latest fivestar I haven't rostered yet. Guess this is my que to go to a low SCL and enjoy some easy fights instead.

Also interesting to see Ghost Rider as a placement reward after Peggy Carter. Guess this means his PvP is coming up next?

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Quebbster said:

Spider-man as essential fivestar in Venom Bomb... the one Latest fivestar I haven't rostered yet. Guess this is my que to go to a low SCL and enjoy some easy fights instead.

Also interesting to see Ghost Rider as a placement reward after Peggy Carter. Guess this means his PvP is coming up next?

Ding ding ding!  We found our Halloween event!  Nice job.

Edit:  Now I am thinking about 40 wins in 4* PVP.   Slogville.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    Quebbster said:

Should be easier, MMR breaks a lot sooner in 4* events.
    Also no need to drag along a 3* as Thanos fodder.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    bluewolf said:
    Quebbster said:

Should be easier, MMR breaks a lot sooner in 4* events.
    Also no need to drag along a 3* as Thanos fodder.
    I am still a 4* player, so it seems worse for me.  Boosted champed 4's mean more health to get through.