MPQ Sneak Peek: October 2017 Edition *Updated (10/26/17)

Options

Comments

• D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Options
    D4Ni13 said:
    astrp3 said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    D4Ni13 said:
    As I remember this kind of events don't limit the rarity, but the hero itself. Thus having to play with Storm, you could play with any Storm. But yeah, juggernaut would require a temporary slot if your really want to have him. I will not bother with him. 
    I think you are right, in fact I seem to recall playing Civil War where at the time I didn't have 3* Spidey rostered so got by with the 1* version on a temporary roster slot basis, so sort of in reverse.
    Ah good. I hope that's the case. I was confused by the two 1*s because I thought there was only one 1* X-Men member. Didn't know Juggs was an X-man (shows what I know about X-men comics).
    Now that you mention that... is 3* Magneto considered X-Men ? I mean is Juggs is X-Men, than Magneto should be as well.
    if you think about hell. Juggernaut isn't even a mutant.
    True.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,502 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Magere said:
    Ok so what time do the events start (first slice)?
    I was hoping for an update today, but:  the first PVP - Class of 2017 a should start Thursday 8 pm EDT (slice 1), and the boss/alliance events have always started on Thursday at noon EDT.  No slices for boss events...
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,862 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    D4Ni13 said:
    astrp3 said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    D4Ni13 said:
    As I remember this kind of events don't limit the rarity, but the hero itself. Thus having to play with Storm, you could play with any Storm. But yeah, juggernaut would require a temporary slot if your really want to have him. I will not bother with him. 
    I think you are right, in fact I seem to recall playing Civil War where at the time I didn't have 3* Spidey rostered so got by with the 1* version on a temporary roster slot basis, so sort of in reverse.
    Ah good. I hope that's the case. I was confused by the two 1*s because I thought there was only one 1* X-Men member. Didn't know Juggs was an X-man (shows what I know about X-men comics).
    Now that you mention that... is 3* Magneto considered X-Men ? I mean is Juggs is X-Men, than Magneto should be as well.
    Well Mags was headmaster of the Xavier school for the Gifted at one point, which technically made him the X-Men's boss.
  • PresidentDoom2020
    PresidentDoom2020 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    D4Ni13 said:
    astrp3 said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    D4Ni13 said:
    Well Mags was headmaster of the Xavier school for the Gifted at one point, which technically made him the X-Men's boss.
    I don't think they thought about it either way and just went with "any Xmen related character = automatically Xmen"
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    D4Ni13 said:
    astrp3 said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    D4Ni13 said:
    I don't think they thought about it either way and just went with "any Xmen related character = automatically Xmen"

Modern Mags (who is a member of the team) is listed under the affiliation, Classic Mags isn't. They've given this more thought than you think.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby in the September thread I had asked about why latest 5* were the essential 5* in PVE.  You advised you would check in and get back to me but I never heard back from you.  Can you let us know what you heated from the dev team.
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Thanks to vaulting, Class of 2017 is going to be a real slog with r&g/gamora/medusa all being boosted and everyone and their mother having all three champed (and captain marvel, blade, and vulture). Definitely not looking forward to this one.
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Wonder if dino will be the featured 4* for the simulator hopefully @Brigby can get this thread can get updated today 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby Are you going to get a chance to post info on Honor Among Thieves before it comes up on Sunday?  Especially who the 5* required is since that info hasn’t been available in the in-game previews. 
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    6000 damage for 8 red for the Boss event in round 8. Do you actively hate your players?
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I believe you are supposed to lose...
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    6000 damage for 8 red for the Boss event in round 8. Do you actively hate your players?

That's what Deadpool points are for. Strategy and lucky cascades got me through 1-7, Deadpool's aquatic friends were the MVPs of round 8.
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    How much you wanna bet that gambit is the next required 5*
  • evade420
    Options
    Looks like they decided to boost the featured 5* too
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    evade420 said:
    Jury's still out on that.
    Maybe putting the 5 under the "boosted this event" headline was the easiest way to include him and he isn't actually boosted.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    evade420 said:
    Jury's still out on that.
    Maybe putting the 5 under the "boosted this event" headline was the easiest way to include him and he isn't actually boosted.
    Your guess is as good as mine, but I think it'll be the 15 level boost they get in PvP when featured.  Which is *fine*.  I'll run Silver Surfer boosted to 493, if they're going to *force* me to.

(if so, I just may return to CL 9 after that Doc Ock debacle)
  • evade420
    Options
    Even if they made it so the featured 5* was only boosted for that one node it would be a very welcome change, especially in scl 9
  • PresidentDoom2020
    PresidentDoom2020 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    evade420 said:
    Even if they made it so the featured 5* was only boosted for that one node it would be a very welcome change, especially in scl 9
    plus whenever a 5* is boosted the powerboost is very meager on the lower levels so why not just boost them if not just for listing purposes
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'll take any boost I can get with all my barely covered 5 stars.