S.H.I.E.L.D. Training, and 'Rogue and Friends' Vault (9/27/17)

Options

Comments

• astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    The event lasts a week, so you'll be able to get more Rogue covers from both PvE and PvP before it ends. Sure, that last node is inaccessible for almost everyone, but it's definitely possible to unlock more nodes and possibly getting all progression rewards without paying anything. And is missing out on one legendary token that big a deal?
    I may be wrong, but I think to get all the progression rewards, you have to do every node except the final Rogue node. The penultimate Rogue node requires (I believe) a 9-cover Rogue. I don't think many will be able to get this from standard event rewards (unless they are extermely lucky with pulls and/or BH) but haven't worked it out. Though it's not a big deal to me if I miss out on 10k ISO, a CP, AND an LT. Don't remember how many covers you need to do the third Rogue node (I think it was 7), but I'm not that concerned since I won't be making any extra effort to get it.

• Friarbundy
    Friarbundy Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm at Day 170.  I have plenty of 4* covers, but Professor X is not one of them.  This means I'm done in the event after four fights because the rest are locked out.  Are there locked fights further down where I do have the characters to play?  I'll never know because I was locked out after four fights.  

I'm not asking to be given a Championed Rogue or even a single cover.  I just want the opportunity to fight for one.  Make the fight tough. Make it super tough.  Make it Kacellius tough, but give us newbies a chance to play instead of locking us out of what seems like a very fun event.  This seems very short sighted to me.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    astrp3 said:
    Quebbster said:
    The event lasts a week, so you'll be able to get more Rogue covers from both PvE and PvP before it ends. Sure, that last node is inaccessible for almost everyone, but it's definitely possible to unlock more nodes and possibly getting all progression rewards without paying anything. And is missing out on one legendary token that big a deal?
    I may be wrong, but I think to get all the progression rewards, you have to do every node except the final Rogue node. The penultimate Rogue node requires (I believe) a 9-cover Rogue. I don't think many will be able to get this from standard event rewards (unless they are extermely lucky with pulls and/or BH) but haven't worked it out. Though it's not a big deal to me if I miss out on 10k ISO, a CP, AND an LT. Don't remember how many covers you need to do the third Rogue node (I think it was 7), but I'm not that concerned since I won't be making any extra effort to get it.

Any way you slice it it's a poor ROI to get max progression or complete this event.  Spend over 300k iso to get a refund of 10k and a single LT. 
    This is why I stopped at the 2k progression mark
  • Trilateralus
    Trilateralus Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I think what a lot of the people saying this isn't a big deal are missing is that not only is this a new way of gating content but also completely unnecessary. The same effect could be accomplished by tailoring the difficulty of the nodes while still allowing people with under levelled or covered characters to attempt a win through skill/luck. Then there are the people saying this event is "free" and "optional" ignoring the fact that describes every MPQ event. If this was implemented in PVE or PVP the forums would lose their collective minds. 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    astrp3 said:
    You are not wrong. Obviously it requires dedication to collect that many Rogue covers, but the free covers can take you a bit of the way as it is.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm at Day 170.  I have plenty of 4* covers, but Professor X is not one of them.  This means I'm done in the event after four fights because the rest are locked out.  Are there locked fights further down where I do have the characters to play?  I'll never know because I was locked out after four fights. 
    The other teamup nodes had the same required characters as the first one, so you didn't really miss anything.
  • Friarbundy
    Friarbundy Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    The other teamup nodes had the same required characters as the first one, so you didn't really miss anything.
    I probably didn't.  I think I just resent being locked out.  It's kind of an insult.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

if it’s so easy for you, then delete your game progress and start over.
    I.... what? What does that have to do with anything?
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    When the thanos release event went down last year, the game gave us a chance to use our choice of 3* and 4* Guardians.  There are plenty of 3* muties so I don't know why they were ignored for this event.  Instead its only 4* characters who haven't even been in tokens for 6 out of the last 7 months. 
  • astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2017
    Options
    astrp3 said:

but when I actually thought it about it, it wouldn't be THAT expensive. If you got 4 covers from events (not too difficult), you could probably champ her for $100-150 (unless my calculations are WAY off, which is a distinct possibility).
    Actually, my numbers WERE way off since I was using the rates from the legendary token packs. Don't feel like doing the calculations, but it looks like it would cost hundreds of dollars to champ Rogue. If so, I'm back to being as mystified as I was in the first place.
  • ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2017
    Options
    For anyone just joining in, this is the general gist of the thread:

"I had all the requirements to complete the event for the Rogue cover, the event is fine, free stuff, stop complaining, sign my comic Demi!!!!"

"I couldn't get the Rogue cover because I don't have the characters/iso/covers/I'm a new player/ rng hates me and this event sucks, you only want to please the whales, everyone complain, go forget yourself Demi!!!!"

Just pick your side and enjoy the discussion.

//Removed Profanity -Brigby
  • Vyktori
    Vyktori Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Others have already said similar, but If the purpose of the SHIELD Training event was to generate more excitement over the release of Rogue, its implementation is really puzzling.  I don't have a workable 4* roster yet, but my characters appear to be strong enough to win all of the "Training Exercise" nodes.  However, my Wolverine only has 5 covers, my Cyclops has 2, and I don't even have Professor X, so I'm stopped dead on the first row where the prizes are...unimpressive.  I'm not especially upset by it, but it definitely dampened my enthusiasm.  I can't imagine that that is the response the DEVs were looking for.  It just seems really odd, given what they did with Ghost Rider and Kingpin a little while ago.  Oh well, maybe next time, I guess.
  • Apox1134
    Apox1134 Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'm sorry but the Rogue cover being behind a gate for 209 Prof X and 4clops is ridiculous. With as many 4* out there and no reliable way to guarantee covers on particular one screw that. I played through the entire event but can't do the last node because I am missing a cover or two for each. The event was fun until I got to that part. Have they ever had a level gate before? Why am I not allowed to do it with my 168's? Seriously I couldn't care less about the 13 Rouge covers for CP or a Legendary Token. I just wanted that Rouge token and get her rostered, but nope because I have no luck with 4*. 

This is why they need a 4* DDQ. They need to evolve the game rather than tease long time players. This too me is worse than the you're meant to lose Anniversary. 
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Apox1134 said:
    I'm sorry but the Rogue cover being behind a gate for 209 Prof X and 4clops is ridiculous. With as many 4* out there and no reliable way to guarantee covers on particular one screw that. I played through the entire event but can't do the last node because I am missing a cover or two for each. The event was fun until I got to that part. Have they ever had a level gate before? Why am I not allowed to do it with my 168's? Seriously I couldn't care less about the 13 Rouge covers for CP or a Legendary Token. I just wanted that Rouge token and get her rostered, but nope because I have no luck with 4*. 

This is why they need a 4* DDQ. They need to evolve the game rather than tease long time players. This too me is worse than the you're meant to lose Anniversary. 
    Every other 4* is released with a PvE event. You're still getting her there. If they didn't have this training thing at all, no one would have missed it.

I've gotta stop reading threads like this. It's not good for my soul. 
  • Apox1134
    Apox1134 Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Options
    There is no chance I can pull off a top win in the PVE. I am for one missing Mockingbird, and two have a life outside of MPQ and don't have that much time to dedicate to a mobile game currently. I have place #1 in plenty of events but the time it took was not worth it. I also sold off one of my champed 2* in anticipation of needing the slot for the free Rouge cover. That's on me though, I should have paid more attention. 
  • Platty616
    Platty616 Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Need level 209 characters to earn the new 4* character, who’s stupid idea was that? Pathetic, D3 need to stop only looking after the pay to play players and think of the rest of us too!