S.H.I.E.L.D. Training, and 'Rogue and Friends' Vault (9/27/17)

Options

Comments

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Hi Everyone. Thanks so much for all the feedback! I personally don't know if this will be a recurring event with different characters, however since it is still the first ever run of it, we will definitely be reviewing your thoughts and opinions on how players are or aren't enjoying it. 

If you'd like to simply share your positive or negative feedback, then please continue to post in this thread, as opposed to starting a separate one. It is easiest for us to review feedback when it is in one consistent area.

If you feel like there could be improvements, and want to brainstorm different concepts with the community, please feel free to post in General Discussion to get that specific conversation started.

If you think you've already solidified a concept on how to improve this event, then please feel free to post your idea in the Suggestions and Feedback section! Thanks! 
  • Codetry
    Codetry Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This all kinda sucks. They need to remove the level requirment period.
  • Razamataz
    Razamataz Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Options
    I find the level requirements fine, could be worse,at least you don't need Mx champed .
    The only problem with the nodes are the rogue essentials why are they so high, to get the 10k reward you have to burn through a ton of token in hope of getting her then dump 300k ish iso into her to do it.
    This just stinks of pure greed getting people to dump a ton of cash so there anniversary profits look good
  • Kozza123
    Kozza123 Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This event is only pointed at people with high rosters so don't bother unless you got a lot of high 4*'s. Play pointless fight to get no we're. And not being forced to spend iso on the characters just to fight when I need it to champ 4*s I'm currently working on. So again event not able to play! 
  • Lucifier
    Lucifier Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options
    just stating a fact here.
    total event rewards are:

1- 19650 iso.
    2- 4 cp.
    3- 2 event tokens.
    4- 1 LT token.
    5- 1 Rouge cover.

I am a player (does not matter how many days or how much spend on the game) have all 3* char, 49/57 4* char, and 11 5*char.

I managed to get 400 iso from this event, so in perspective of iso only, it is about 2% of total iso rewards.
    which logically means less than 2% of overall rewards (depends on how to value the other rewards).

Note: I was going to post this in my OP thread, but it got closed and asked to post here regarding this event.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If the forums can't even display unity against pay gates and stupid level requirements we shall always have them and worse. No one is salty over a mobile game stop being melodramatic, people are salty about this happening over and over. The pattern from true healing, to OLM, to vaulting just show the devs are totally out of touch and just want to here the cha ching as people buy up fake currency with real currency. Oh well. No one is going to quit over this, just some people will never monetize their enjoyment of the game cause of stunts like this event. For ever dollar you try to force out if your base you lose a dollar because of bad reviews and disgusted players.
  • Trilateralus
    Trilateralus Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm fine with the required characters but I'll join with the others saying the level requirements are tinykitty. Both my Cyclops and PX are level maxed for their covers and both need 50-100 levels to be viable. There is simply no way for me to acquire that many covers for 2 specific 4* in time. What nonsense. 
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    And of course, I get the (random) Yellow cover, so I can't realistically do the Rogue solo missions (yet).
    If it makes you feel better, if you got red you'd do a whopping 398 damage for 12 red AP.
  • Jesus Jones
    Jesus Jones Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I keep going back to the even just in case there was a quick fix put in place, no such luck....
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Cleared it all the way up to the and including first Rogue essential node vs Mohawk Storm this morning. If lucky I might received up to 4 more Rogue covers tonight after PVE rewards. Totally enjoyed this event even if I don't get to the last Rogue node by end of the week. I probably could if I used CP to acquire the remaining covers to champ her, and I'm sitting on enough ISO but I'll see as the week progresses if I can acquire any more Rogue covers "naturally" via progression or vault pulls. I'd like to see more events of this style in the future, where we can get additional chances at new releases. Thanks D3/MPQ, looking forward to another Anniversary celebration!
  • Rodolfo78
    Rodolfo78 Posts: 70 Match Maker
    Options
    Sheesh. As many others have said, the alternative is just Hearts of Darkness- just another release on a normal PvE that we've already played this month, par for the course. None of my required X-characters have more than 5 covers, so I'll barely finish the second row. I won't get one free Rogue cover (most of us will have 13 by 2018 anyway, so whatever), but I'm sure glad to see something new!

Paygates will always be a thing, since "hearing the cha-ching" is the reason the game exists at all. Dangling carrots will always be a thing. If you don't like it, well, go buy a bag of carrots.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Jarvind said:
    I'll chime in. I cleared the whole top block and the first Rogue node today, so I got the bulk of the rewards. I had XFW, Prof X and Cyclops champed so those were no biggie.

I still think locking rewards to a character's level or number of covers sets a really foul precedent and you should do away with it immediately. Just requiring the character for certain nodes is more than enough incentive to roster everyone, and you can effectively achieve the same thing by having harder opponents. Just look at Crash of the Titans - some of those are borderline unbeatable if you don't have certain covers (lookin' at you there Sam Wilson). 

Doing it this way just reeks of "forget you, pay me."

//Removed Profanity -Brigby
    But that's just it.  Demi/d3 are no longer satisfied with just pushing us to roster everyone.  That apparently no longer produces enough spending with the easier availability of HP and covers.  

So now they are going to require us to roster, cover, AND level characters to keep pace.