S.H.I.E.L.D. Training, and 'Rogue and Friends' Vault (9/27/17)

Comments

• Ezrius
    Ezrius Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    I was really excited, now I learn I have the required characters, but since my Prof X is 5/1/0, I'm SOL.  Fantastic.  What a let down.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    In the year that I've played this game I've gotten five covers for Prof X, seven covers for Wolvie and I think I have six or seven covers for Cyclops. I wonder how far they would be if vaulting wasn't a thing. Easily one of the most popular characters in all of the Marvel universe, and probably the most demanded in MPQ, and this is how you treat the players. And you wonder why people always give you a 0 or 1 on your surveys.

This could have been spectacular. Rogue event similar to the Coulson one that rewards a cover after you complete five or six missions with a nice chunk of iso. Then you can win some covers in Hearts of Darkness. THEN you do this event. So then people say "You know what? My Prof X, XFW and Cyclops aren't far enough along so I can't get this Rogue cover and that sucks but at least I was able to snag a couple in the past events so it's not the end of the world. I'll just make her my BH and hopefully draw her once she goes into tokens."

So close, and yet so far.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Beer40 said:
    Everybody in here arguing and I'm just waiting to poop so I can go see what the fuss is all about.
    ROFL!  I lost it here.

• astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2017
    shardwick said:

"I'll just make her my BH and hopefully draw her once she goes into tokens."

Well to be fair, getting one extra Rogue cover wasn't going to speed up the process very much. And for me, it's not that I've snagged covers in past events, so no biggie, but that I'll be getting the same number of Rogue covers I usually do in her actual release event (and maybe one more due to SCL 9 and the required 5* node), so no biggie. Then again, maybe I'm not the one to comment since I wasn't champing at the bit for Rogue like many others were - whether or not I use a character is based almost entirely on their skills and the needs of the game rather than how much I like the character.

And considering that only 5.8% of Google Play reviewers gave the game 1* and 3% gave it two (looks like they don't have a 0 star option), I'd guess that the number of 0's and 1s they get in surveys is pretty low, but maybe I'm wrong.
  • thechairman
    thechairman Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Should have read this thread before starting. Amazing they won't let you complete with underlevelled characters.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    Can I just say, that loaner node blew chunks? Who designed that thing?

The enemy team's strongest colour turned out to be black; a colour in which neither team had an active power! (EDIT: I forgot that MK's black is active; I was confusing it with his purple) Ergo, Rogue's green generates AP in a colour you can't use (and does pitiful match damage to boot!), and denies the enemy team a colour they don't even need! Perhaps it was specifically chosen to force the player to see the second half of Rogue's green, because otherwise it makes no tinykitty sense.

Plus, if the enemy MK gets his green, he one-shots any of the loaners. It didn't happen to me, but my Rogue did fall eventually because her health pool in the node isn't great and she started jumping to the front to eat damage. If I hadn't lucked into a couple of match-5s, so floaty-head Charles could do his thing, I think I'd have lost outright.
  • Jesus Jones
    Jesus Jones Posts: 182 Tile Toppler

Can I just say, that loaner node blew chunks? Who designed that thing?

The enemy team's strongest colour turned out to be black; a colour in which neither team had an active power! Ergo, Rogue's green generates AP in a colour you can't use (and does pitiful match damage to boot!), and denies the enemy team a colour they don't even need! Perhaps it was specifically chosen to force the player to see the second half of Rogue's green, because otherwise it makes no tinykitty sense.

Plus, if the enemy MK gets his green, he one-shots any of the loaners. It didn't happen to me, but my Rogue did fall eventually because her health pool in the node isn't great and she started jumping to the front to eat damage. If I hadn't lucked into a couple of match-5s, so floaty-head Charles could do his thing, I think I'd have lost outright.

If you collected black and green the match would be over in like 5 minutes...  I think that was the point.  And black is not passive for MK so you'd want to deny him that color anyway.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Bowgentle said:
    Came looking for "slap in the face".
    Wasn't disappointed.

Never stop being you, MPQ forum.

Guess I should rage about getting free stuff too, because I can't get ALL THE FREE STUFF.
    What free stuff? That few ISO you have to waste your time for? Or CPs + LTs that are requiring thousands of hour spent in game and, of course, some money spent for Roque covers (it is impossible to get them for free in such an amount).
    Yes, it is a nice event with huge potential (to become PvE shield simulator-like feature or so) that unfortunately has some elements of pay to play games - for the first time (as far as i remember) we have conditions that cannot be achieved by players who dont pay...
  • WaterFire
    WaterFire Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    What an insult to players with less than 600 days playing.....I'd love to have you report out on how many players were even eligible to participate in this event when it is over
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    If it wasn't Available at all would it make you feel better? Either you'll be able to do it or you wont. It being there for those that can't wont make your life any more ruff or better.
    Well...yeah?
    Being told "Here's a thing you can't have!" is always going to be worse than never knowing the thing existed in the first place.

I'd have been much happier had I never learned about the Sideshow Thor statue, but this is the world I have to live in now.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    Question: Why isn't this called Danger Room?
    Hopefully because it will be rerun many times with various characters.

Having a different skin for the various affiliations would be cool.
    I'm only hopeful that happens if they significantly improve it.  The format they did for Kingpin / Ghost Rider was much better IMO.  This was very disappointing.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    So just to be clear, demi is setting the threshold for completing every node in this event at collecting 13+ rogue covers (+ at least 300k iso) on or before october 6th.  

That schedule is. . .aggressive.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Being forced to level X-Force Wolverine is just really really tinykitty. I had to dump 80k ISO and I guarantee you
    I'll never use him again because he's a waste of space. Could have picked someone else seriously.
  • cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 364 Mover and Shaker
    So, here's a question: How hard should I go to try to get that Rogue token in this?

My W4lverine can be leveled to 209, but my ProfX and Cycl4ps are each 4/2/2, so they need 2 more covers each. Should I BH Cycl3ps, Magn3to, ProfX, and Cycl4ps and then just open all my Elites, Heroics, and event tokens to try to get their covers or should I just wait to get a Rogue through the after HoD event progression?
    I have a lot of all of the tokens, but only 15 LTs and 310 CP.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,244 Chairperson of the Boards
    So, here's a question: How hard should I go to try to get that Rogue token in this?

My W4lverine can be leveled to 209, but my ProfX and Cycl4ps are each 4/2/2, so they need 2 more covers each. Should I BH Cycl3ps, Magn3to, ProfX, and Cycl4ps and then just open all my Elites, Heroics, and event tokens to try to get their covers or should I just wait to get a Rogue through the after HoD event progression?
    I have a lot of all of the tokens, but only 15 LTs and 310 CP.
    If you are going to be in trouble from potential wasted covers, I would hesitate to go all in.  BH 3's? Pretty common.  4's?  Not so much.   You are in good shape at 4/2/2, but 2 cyke reds would just infuriate you.

I would recommend to anyone angry: go post reviews on Apple/Android/Amazon store.  This event is shipped; complaining won't change it one bit.  If a bunch of negative reviews pop up they may rethink their approach next time.
  • Nicnick189
    Nicnick189 Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Worst event ever made !!
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    mexus said:
    sinnerjfl said:
    Being forced to level X-Force Wolverine is just really really tinykitty. I had to dump 80k ISO and I guarantee you
    I'll never use him again because he's a waste of space. Could have picked someone else seriously.
    You dumped 80K ISO to level him from 70 to 94?
    Was already at around 173 (I think?) because of his featured Crash, his low health is a problem.