S.H.I.E.L.D. Training, and 'Rogue and Friends' Vault (9/27/17)

Options

Comments

• Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Are people complaining about a node that requires a champed character? Clearly thats not for everyone. Its for the whales and more power to them, since whales are going to whale anyway. At least it gives them something to do with there newly champed character.

Dont get your panties in a bunch.

If it wasn't Available at all would it make you feel better? Either you'll be able to do it or you wont. It being there for those that can't wont make your life any more ruff or better.
    I can't play it because I'm not a 1000 day whale. And it does hurt me in that they get stronger every single day cause they are catered to over and over again. All enjoyment for the entire event gone. Can't even play most of it.
  • tfcrazy1980
    tfcrazy1980 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Is it bad that when a new character is released, i just dont care anymore, eventually she'll be in my roster, this was a perfect opportunity to get people to spend, use hoards and whatnot because of a highly requested character, cant say i blame them, and just think, its not over yet, still 2 more coming.....just imagine the shenanigans that will happen then, im on day 1100 and something and i dont get the "New character" itch anymore, it'll happen eventually, not gonna sweat it
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Are people complaining about a node that requires a champed character? Clearly thats not for everyone. Its for the whales and more power to them, since whales are going to whale anyway. At least it gives them something to do with there newly champed character.

Dont get your panties in a bunch.

If it wasn't Available at all would it make you feel better? Either you'll be able to do it or you wont. It being there for those that can't wont make your life any more ruff or better.
    I can't play it because I'm not a 1000 day whale. And it does hurt me in that they get stronger every single day cause they are catered to over and over again. All enjoyment for the entire event gone. Can't even play most of it.
    That's a bit extreme.  I'm day 716, I've spent around $100 on the game in that time, and I was able to get the cover.  I like they're trying new ways to get the cover beyond PVE and PVP.
  • Lucifier
    Lucifier Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options
    SO I DON'T HAVE CYCLOPE AND I DON'T HAVE ROGUE, and i only played 4 nodes in the new event, what else can i do.

so the rest of 14 nodes is not for me to play???
    I did not even got the first progression rewards, is it normal????!!!!!!!!!!!
    all i got from new event is 400 iso only !!!!!!!!!!!

Am I missing something here?
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    sinnerjfl said....Being forced to level X-Force Wolverine .... his low health is a problem.
    Toons with true heals tend to have low to average base health.

Weird.

Using xforce again was great! Slice and dice bub. And remember: 4k dmg for 8ap is always OP. Always.
    Actually ( Yondu notwithstanding) every 4* released with true healing since Wolverine has had -at least- average health. Including Mr F, when he had true healing. Actually they've all had average health, except TA Hulk, who has huge health (but a terrible heal)

By average, I actually mean the most common. I guess it's probably not the "average". Mode health? 

13995 at 270, I think.

So actually, ONLY Daken, Daken, Patch, X-Force, and Yondu have below-average health. (Ok, OML and Phoenix are in the low end of 5* health as well)
  • Urcookin
    Urcookin Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I do think that while the paygate aspect is infuriating, why are we really mad about a bonus event that gives out free stuff?  It looks like we'll be able to play the vast majority of the event if we have developed rosters, including that free Rogue cover, so I'm looking forward to it.
    What sucks is I need one more cover of X and Cyclops. So no Rogue for me. 
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    Options
    smkspy said:
    To be fair, many don't play this game for free and are essentially paying a monthly service fee for it.

So yeah, things like this might rile up some when what they are playing for amounts to having netflix or hulu and getting a whole lot less for it in return.

Getting 'less' ... how are they getting less? They are able to play part of an extra event. That's getting more, not 'less'.

VIP vs other similar subscription services, not the "free" event itself.

Which I love how everyone likes to throw around but "free" events lead to sales... which funds the game... which leads to more players...which leads to more customers.

But bad design also can make tell reverse happen. And at the very least making 10k iso dependent upon completing a 13 th cover Rogue ad getting her to 251 in seven days is just bad design.

Edit: I have zero problem with the rogue aspect being a sales tactic, hey, they gotta drum up money somehow. It's simply not throwing everyone a bone by denying them the 10k, because lets face it, the people whaling their way to 13 cover Rogue to finish this aren't concerned about a measly 10k iso.
  • Madd
    Madd Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I heard that the forums were salty, so I came to spread the love of CHARLES NOOOOOO!

CHARLES, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

• Lucifier
    Lucifier Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options
    1. I am at day 154.
    2. purchased 6 stark salary till now.
    3. 2 months (maybe 3) VIP subscription.
    4. I have 49 4* char, missing 8 4* char (including the new one Rogue).
    5. BUT I do not have Cyclpes classic (4*)
    so new event (yeah, happy happy happy) (it says great rewards LT, CP, a loooot of iso, and Rogue cover) happy happy happy

so I entered the new event and .........
    OPS.............
    I am only allowed to play the first 4 nodes.

ALL I GET FROM THIS NEW EVENT IS --------->  400 ISO

AM I MISSING SOMETHING HERE??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

is this new event designed so a player with shield rank 62 (5 month of playing, with 6 stark salary purchased), who have all 3* char rostered (30 or 31 of them champed), also have 49 4* rostered, and 11 5* rostered, TO BE ABLE ONLY TO PLAY THE FIRST 4 NODEDS, TO BE ABLE ONLY TO GET 400 ISO.????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think i am missing something? because I can not believe they design new event in such bad bad bad bad way.

• Jaedenkaal
    Options
    209 was the highest level requirement I saw. My Cyclops was at 111.

Somehow, he did actually have enough covers (10) to put his level cap at ...209. And I did (somehow) have the ISO to level him there.

And of course, I get the (random) Yellow cover, so I can't realistically do the Rogue solo missions (yet).

I think the worst part about this (new, un-asked-for, no strings attached) 'event' is that the hype for finally adding Rogue to the game is so high, that the fall when you realize that you don't qualify for the extra cover is that much further. 
  • astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2017
    Options

So, here's a question: How hard should I go to try to get that Rogue token in this?

My W4lverine can be leveled to 209, but my ProfX and Cycl4ps are each 4/2/2, so they need 2 more covers each. Should I BH Cycl3ps, Magn3to, ProfX, and Cycl4ps and then just open all my Elites, Heroics, and event tokens to try to get their covers or should I just wait to get a Rogue through the after HoD event progression?
    I have a lot of all of the tokens, but only 15 LTs and 310 CP.
    What level are your 3* Cyclops and Magneto? If they are within 3-5 levels of giving you a 4* cover, don't forget to bonus them, since that will likely net you one of the two you need.

Having said that, you may want to save your LT and CP for something else. You run the risk of getting characters fully-covered and getting an extra cover but being unable to use them because you can't get the ISO in time, etc. etc. Plus, we  have anniversary events coming AND two more X-M en, including a 5*. I wasn't playing last anniversary and my understanding is that you only really need to hoard HP for them, but they could always introduce a new vault and you'd be kicking yourself for missing it (especially considering the very real possibility that you spend all your LTs and CPs and still don't get that Rogue cover).
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    And of course, I get the (random) Yellow cover, so I can't realistically do the Rogue solo missions (yet).
    You can do it, it's not a tough fight.  i did it first time L70 0/0/1.  Team-ups are usable, fall back on those if you get worried you won't make it.  I'd bring a medusa purple or 3* ock blue if you got it.  Storms strike tiles is the only real scary thing.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Options
    broll said:
    You can do it, it's not a tough fight.  i did it first time L70 0/0/1.  Team-ups are usable, fall back on those if you get worried you won't make it.  I'd bring a medusa purple or 3* ock blue if you got it.  Storms strike tiles is the only real scary thing.
    Thoughtfully select my own team-ups? What a novel idea... 
  • Zobaken
    Zobaken Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    edited September 2017
    Options

If some rewards are impossible for you to attain, these rewards were not 'for you' in the first place. 

I got to a football game and enjoy the experience in normal seats. Some of you would go, and be angry at the stadium for making skybox seating available to a select few...  Hey, enjoy the game.

Yeah, how dare these peasants have the audacity to demand an equal treatment for players? I mean who they think they are, humans? Pfft, be grateful for Rogue not being buy-only in the first place. They should go back to their straw huts and pick cotton, not flooding our forum fields with their dirty horsefaces.
  • cpeyton3535
    cpeyton3535 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So I'm up against the Call for Backup 3 final node (the one that awards a Rogue cover).  Need lvl 209 to unlock that node.  My Prof X, Cyclops and XFW were 70 at the start of this event.  Fine, spent the ISO to 94, no biggie.  But 94 to 209 is 146837 ISO each so 440511 ISO.  Plus I'll face a team of Carol, Wasp and Lockjaw which won't be a walk in the park at 209.

Really?  I'm currently champing Vulture so have other priorities for my ISO right now and I'm certainly not buying ISO, sale or no sale (that would be 4 Mother Lodes!).

Gotta say the anniversary is NOT off to a really great start with the events.  Love the new characters but sorry, this is just ridiculous.