God of Lies: May 2-4

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Bugpop sure have a lot of HP to spend on shield. He must have shielded and unshielded at least 5 times in the last hour trying to get first place which he doesnt even need since he already got a 5/5/3 xforce. He keep coming up with a negative make it so painful to watch.
  • Yoxgix
    Yoxgix Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I was in 17th place at 740 just doing matches to gain some iso and try to stay in the top 25. I finished a fight and had my fingers crossed that i did not get hit while I was playing, which had happened the previous 4 times I finished a fight when lo and behold I was attacked 4 times. Lucky for me 3 were wins and it pushed me up to 816 and in 8th place. Needless to say the shield went up and now I watching the scoreboard to see if I stay in the top 10. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Yoxgix wrote:
    I was in 17th place at 740 just doing matches to gain some iso and try to stay in the top 25. I finished a fight and had my fingers crossed that i did not get hit while I was playing, which had happened the previous 4 times I finished a fight when lo and behold I was attacked 4 times. Lucky for me 3 were wins and it pushed me up to 816 and in 8th place. Needless to say the shield went up and now I watching the scoreboard to see if I stay in the top 10. icon_e_biggrin.gif

wouldn't hold in my bracket, 10th is 875 points :s
  • Unknown
    Options
    Hell of a run by the X-Men, and congrats to you all and 5DV.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    The X-Men were soooo close. Looks like the changing around of the PvP rewards may have had some effect, after all.
  • Unknown
    Options
    bloodwars wrote:
    how/why does reckless etc have 1600 points? seems... excessive. I've only had 20-30 point matches all day (up to 1k+), then a 1597 pointer shows up on my target list.
    Because I didn't know if my alliance would need the points. It was very close all day and we didn't know if some members would be able to compete.

Besides, I got knocked for -48 when I dropping my final shield. I would have liked to get over 1600, but c'est la vie.

Can I ask how much you or bee or any shield member over 1300 spend on shields? I tried last punisher tourney to get 1200 and just could not stop the attacks. Even with a team of 141's. Only time I broke it was during the shield glitch. I have never really tried shield jumping though. The most I could justify would be 3 3 hours right in the end but I think that would net me a loss in the end. I usually just drop 1 8 hour at ~1100.
  • Unknown
    Options
    "APF" was in my bracket, but I just check he is not in my bracket. What happen? I know he got over 900 pts so he/she should be in the top ten. That is weird. icon_question.gificon_question.gificon_question.gif
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Options
    sms4002 wrote:
    bloodwars wrote:
    how/why does reckless etc have 1600 points? seems... excessive. I've only had 20-30 point matches all day (up to 1k+), then a 1597 pointer shows up on my target list.
    Because I didn't know if my alliance would need the points. It was very close all day and we didn't know if some members would be able to compete.

Besides, I got knocked for -48 when I dropping my final shield. I would have liked to get over 1600, but c'est la vie.

Can I ask how much you or bee or any shield member over 1300 spend on shields? I tried last punisher tourney to get 1200 and just could not stop the attacks. Even with a team of 141's. Only time I broke it was during the shield glitch. I have never really tried shield jumping though. The most I could justify would be 3 3 hours right in the end but I think that would net me a loss in the end. I usually just drop 1 8 hour at ~1100.
    I lost count, but I have a different philosophy about shields than many players (and S.H.I.E.L.D members). I don't need to make a net profit on HP. If I buy 10 3-hr shields, the cost is 750 HP. That's a couple dollars. Considering the amount of time I spend on the game, that is a reasonable use of my entertainment dollars.
  • Unknown
    Options
    sms4002 wrote:
    bloodwars wrote:

I lost count, but I have a different philosophy about shields than many players (and S.H.I.E.L.D members). I don't need to make a net profit on HP. If I buy 10 3-hr shields, the cost is 750 HP. That's a couple dollars. Considering the amount of time I spend on the game, that is a reasonable use of my entertainment dollars.

I have a similar viewpoint on the game, to get my 1400 in this pvp I used 5 3-hours and 1 8-hour so 525 hp. In the previous pvp (can't remember what it was now, whatever ended on Friday) I used 3 3-hours for 1200 but that's only because that clown dlaw made it clear I couldn't have first place in our bracket icon_twisted.gif

Ultimately it just depends on how scary my team is for the pvp, the end time and real life (sometimes icon_e_smile.gif )
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Reckless lives up to her name sometimes icon_e_wink.gif
    But we love her for it icon_lol.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    sms4002 wrote:
    bloodwars wrote:

Ah interesting! Thanks for the insight. That makes sense. I guess I think a lot differently because I am still f2p so I try and always come out ahead. I may try 3 3 hours sometime soon here. The extra 2000 iso might be worth an extra 75 hp.
  • Unknown
    Options
    jozier wrote:
    qtquazar wrote:
    I am stuck in the jozier/bughunt PvP picnic sandwich. I hope I get sand and ants in both your teeth.

(seriously--you guys stopped me from cracking 1100 three straight times. and that's only the 1100 mark)

Sorry bud. You were worth less than me a lot of the time but you had a faster team for me to beat. I targeted you 3 times when I was about to cross 1100 and got smacked down.

I crossed 1100 about 6-7 times without getting the cover. I got knocked all the way down to 920 something and then bumrushed my way up to 1100 and shielded out.

This tourney was a bit of a disaster for me. Finally got over 1100, up to 1280... and no more. Tried three times. Got hit *NINE* times with just over a minute to go, dropped around 200 points (won a defense or two). Finished around 1150. Don't want to think how much HP I spent on 3-hr shields failing to make the mark tonight.
  • Unknown
    Options
    gambl0r312 wrote:
    WolfmanX25 wrote:
    locked wrote:
    Wolfman, trying to hit 900 here! *eyeroll*

Edit: done for now, I should have a max Punisher, a loaner Loki and cMagneto out so have at it.

Sorry. It wasn't my intention to piss you off. I basically just attack anyone who is worth decent points without even looking at the name.

Wolfman, you are top of our bracket right now. I don't need x-force so you are welcome to it, plus I already hit 900 earlier before tanking down/Ghast method. So if I see you again later in my nodes, I'll throw u pts. I think you are in range of getting overtaken by others....
    I ended up winning my bracket with 1002 points. Second was at exactly 1000 points. Was that you? If so, thanks. If not, I'm really surprised he used a shield when he was only 2 points from first.
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I had left before the end to finally see Winter Soldier, so wasn't around for the end. Expected to lose my 2nd place position with my 947, but surprisingly didn't.

Not sure I like what they've done to PvP much. Really puts the breaks on anyone who doesn't have at least one high level 141 character in their team. All any team who doesn't have one is basically fodder...Easy wins to rack up scores for those that do have them. At least, given the way we seem to show up in nodes so fast, I know for me, coming out of a shield was like walking straight into heavy fire.

And great they decided to rehash Doc Orders again so soon after the last one, lol
  • Unknown
    Options
    bughunt wrote:
    Half my attacks seemed to come from people with 400-500 points. I only took one big loss for -45 during the time I was pushing, as I had been getting them more often before my push & got a couple more after I had shielded.

As soon as I got over 500 I got a ton of matches with 700-800 points. Seems they did somethg wonky. Luckily for my potential victims I was just shooting for top 100 and left them alone.
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Impulse wrote:
    bughunt wrote:
    Half my attacks seemed to come from people with 400-500 points. I only took one big loss for -45 during the time I was pushing, as I had been getting them more often before my push & got a couple more after I had shielded.

As soon as I got over 500 I got a ton of matches with 700-800 points. Seems they did somethg wonky. Luckily for my potential victims I was just shooting for top 100 and left them alone.

Yeah, was seeing to too. Actually, over 500 seeing even higher than that, and being hit by people with twice as many points above me. That's part of what I was noticing about the changes they did. Have no idea what kind of role the MMR plays in it, or if by chance you appear to some people, or you come out of a string of matches to find your blocked because, even if you keep forking of 10 iso to skip, it wind up seeing the same 6 or so people cycled again and again.

That's where I was stopped. Came out of a match, and each node, no matter how many times I went through it, we're 141 teams with 1100+ points that I really didn't have much of a chance with without a stun lock tactic, which just make matches too long, exposing you for even for attacks in the meantime.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    sup123 wrote:
    j12601 wrote:
    Maybe it's because I just today finally got my regular Thor up to 3/5/5 (he'd been 5/2/5 for ages, is still level 80, and I just today brought Lazyshield up to 141), but I've much preferred running Wolvie offensively. OBW loves a big pile of strike tiles and he provides that. Her espionage matches hitting for 6-700 isn't uncommon.

I've stopped running him as much since getting a 3* up high enough, but he seemed much faster, though not as beefy. I can see the argument that Thor is better on defense, or will cause other 2* teams to skip you. Enemy AI tends to match it's own strike tiles, and doesn't necessarily play optimally. Thor is pretty simple for it to play right.

I always hear this about OBW double dipping strike tiles but whenever I try it doesn't seem very good. Turns out you actually need more than 3 black covers on her for the extra damage, so I guess that's why I wasn't amused icon_lol.gif

While she's not maxed, Thor works better for me.

(Yes, that means I'm running Thor + OBW icon_razz.gif )

Also, once you are at 4 or 5 black covers, the extra damage is only when the blue/black/purple tile has her symbol on it. Something to be aware of if you do a tournament and another character has better damage for one of those colors or is only doing so because of boosted level on the featured character.

I had limited time to play this one, basically just Sunday, so I went with Patch & Daredevil to throw some more mechanics into my team than the strike/protect Trickery.
  • Unknown
    edited May 2014
    Options
    edit: Nevermind. I was confused.
  • Unknown
    Options
    KevinMark wrote:
    Am I the only one who realized they reduced the top 50 HP reward from 100 HP to 50 HP from previous PvP? I got 100 HP for getting top 50 in Army of One and I'm 100% sure I got 100 HP from it because I talked to my friend I only lost 500 Iso-8 dropping from top 25 and still got 100 HP.

No Top 50 HP reward for player had always been 50 since this new reward format.

I think you might be mistaken for top 50 in PVE which is 100. Or top 50 reward for alliance which is also 100.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Justdangit wrote:
    No Top 50 HP reward for player had always been 50 since this new reward format.

I think you might be mistaken for top 50 in PVE which is 100. Or top 50 reward for alliance which is also 100.
    You must be correct. I found my post in another forum talking to my friend. I was talking about the difference between finishing top 5 and top 10 icon_redface.gif
This discussion has been closed.