God of Lies: May 2-4

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    I've finally reached a point where I could win a PvP, if it wasn't for the fact that I'm European. It means I can't make a last minute push so I'm forced to grab a lead early on and then hope for that to hold.

It didn't for One Man Army and I doubt it'll last in God of Lies where I've called it a night 80 points ahead of 2nd which I know won't be enough but I figure it's worth a try.

Wish there could be an EU friendly finish time for PvP.
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'd love to progress higher than the 947 I have now, but all I have is mostly 141 teams in nodes. I can probably pass one of them with spidey if needed, but the time needed for a match like that leaves you exposed longer without a shield. Decisions, decisions.
  • Unknown
    Options
    how/why does reckless etc have 1600 points? seems... excessive. I've only had 20-30 point matches all day (up to 1k+), then a 1597 pointer shows up on my target list.
  • Unknown
    Options
    bloodwars wrote:
    how/why does reckless etc have 1600 points? seems... excessive. I've only had 20-30 point matches all day (up to 1k+), then a 1597 pointer shows up on my target list.

she's a beast
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Options
    bloodwars wrote:
    Because I didn't know if my alliance would need the points. It was very close all day and we didn't know if some members would be able to compete.

Besides, I got knocked for -48 when I dropping my final shield. I would have liked to get over 1600, but c'est la vie.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I am stuck in the jozier/bughunt PvP picnic sandwich. I hope I get sand and ants in both your teeth.

(seriously--you guys stopped me from cracking 1100 three straight times. and that's only the 1100 mark)
  • Unknown
    Options
    I swear they must have been given away Thor's and Obw's in some sort of raffle. Cause thats all i ever see now. Sometimes Ares replaces Thor to break up the mold.
  • Unknown
    Options
    qtquazar wrote:
    I am stuck in the jozier/bughunt PvP picnic sandwich. I hope I get sand and ants in both your teeth.

(seriously--you guys stopped me from cracking 1100 three straight times. and that's only the 1100 mark)
    Sorry, I'm shielded for rest of tourney now if I show up through shield, or you have retaliation queued.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Probably the smoothest climb I've ever had to 1000+. Got only 30 or 40 point matches the whole way. Not bad for using a loaner Loki because I was getting tired of healing my Loki
  • Unknown
    Options
    Just tried to shield-hop my way from 850 to 900, lost back-to-back matches to ginormous cascades (not even illusions-generated cascades), and got hit for -80 while in the second match

850 -> 720 in under 5 minutes

THIS GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME
  • Unknown
    Options
    im going to murder you entropic
  • Unknown
    Options
    gamar wrote:
    Just tried to shield-hop my way from 850 to 900, lost back-to-back matches to ginormous cascades (not even illusions-generated cascades), and got hit for -80 while in the second match

850 -> 720 in under 5 minutes

THIS GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME

I definitely seemed to get hit with massive cascades more often this tournament for some reason.
    gamar wrote:

Feel free to murder my team, I'm shielded out for the night.
  • Unknown
    Options
    entropic01 wrote:
    gamar wrote:

Feel free to murder my team, I'm shielded out for the night.

It was just darkly funny that after a rougher tournament than I've had in a while, grinding out mostly 20 point matches because I can't find any better, finally queueing up a couple 25-pointers and then getting crushed by both of them, and right as i post that, here comes entropic "heh this one was a breeze, 30+ points all the way"

this game

THIS GAME
  • Unknown
    Options
    gamar wrote:

It was just darkly funny that after a rougher tournament than I've had in a while, grinding out mostly 20 point matches because I can't find any better, finally queueing up a couple 25-pointers and then getting crushed by both of them, and right as i post that, here comes entropic "heh this one was a breeze, 30+ points all the way"

this game

THIS GAME

Yea matchmaking seems like a luck of the draw crapshoot now. No idea what they've done with MMR
  • Unknown
    Options
    Half my attacks seemed to come from people with 400-500 points. Got lucky that I only took one big loss for -45 during the time I was pushing, as I had been getting them more often before my push & got a couple more after I had shielded.
  • Unknown
    Options
    qtquazar wrote:

Sorry bud. You were worth less than me a lot of the time but you had a faster team for me to beat. I targeted you 3 times when I was about to cross 1100 and got smacked down.

I crossed 1100 about 6-7 times without getting the cover. I got knocked all the way down to 920 something and then bumrushed my way up to 1100 and shielded out.
  • Unknown
    Options
    last pvp i was seeing 3x 141s and 1k+ point guys while my score was 200 (pretty normal for mmr hell), this time i went all the way to 1k+ without fighting more than 1x 130. very weird. basically 0 retals the entire way too, which is nice. (running 173 loki/141 LT/141 BP, which probably helped).
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    bloodwars wrote:
    Because I didn't know if my alliance would need the points. It was very close all day and we didn't know if some members would be able to compete.

Besides, I got knocked for -48 when I dropping my final shield. I would have liked to get over 1600, but c'est la vie.

I hope that wasn't me - the trouble is you shield guys(and gals) are always going to push high and I know if i'm going to unshield I want to maximise the points i'm going to earn for those 2-3 matches. That makes it worthwhile for me to queue you up. I do wait to see if your points have moved before deciding to attack though.

I've been tracking beezer as he is in my season bracket and have come to the realisation that I will have to break 1400 to stand a chance of winning . The good thing about the season leaderboards is that it gives me a good reason to keep finding personal limits to break. So I really have to thank beezer for not slacking(sincerely!).
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Options
    kidicarus wrote:
    bloodwars wrote:

I hope that wasn't me - the trouble is you shield guys(and gals) are always going to push high and I know if i'm going to unshield I want to maximise the points i'm going to earn for those 2-3 matches. That makes it worthwhile for me to queue you up. I do wait to see if your points have moved before deciding to attack though.

I've been tracking beezer as he is in my season bracket and have come to the realisation that I will have to break 1400 to stand a chance of winning . The good thing about the season leaderboards is that it gives me a good reason to keep finding personal limits to break. So I really have to thank beezer for not slacking(sincerely!).
    No, I was already re-shielded when you hit me.
  • Unknown
    Options
    The alliance shenanigans are more entertaining than the tournament itself.
This discussion has been closed.