God of Lies: May 2-4

15678911»

Comments

• Emeryt wrote:
    klingsor wrote:
    Emeryt, you are a sorry excuse for a moderator, incapable of being professional or objective. I have no reason to explain myself to you. If people call me the Fuhrer, it's because they know nothing of history and lack perspective and wisdom. I'm not here to win popularity contests, just compete. From a competitive point of view, I don't think you can criticize me. In any case, I am not going to waste my time arguing with you.
    Yeah, don't waste Your time. I know You're busy spamming IceIX with PMs and the CEO's twitter account with complaints about me.

Thankfully You stopped PMing me with threats and "invitations" to USA, so You could "talk" with me.

Can I just say, I don't think it is very appropriate for a moderator to bait any member of the forum, whatever they have been sending through private message or what not. In my opinion, your behaviour as a moderator at times is quite unprofessional. You go from berating Klingsor with your moderator hat to posting inflammatory comments and 'hilarious' memes literally moments later. It is not fitting of somebody who should be above all of that.
  • mouser
    mouser Posts: 529 Critical Contributor
    I just want to say a kind word for Loki. He actually saved me in one of my final pvp battles.

Was running Pun / Loki / OBW against a team of LThor / Loki / OBW. Faced a crazy AI cascade that led to an agressive recon and a couple Mjolnir's and Lightning Strikes. Leaving me with a dead Punisher, half health Loki/OBW, and no strike tiles in play. Had taken out the opposing Loki & OBW, but was still staring at a 5.5k health Thor with green charged and ready to go next turn. Only had enough purple to activate Loki, not enough for OBW recon.

Oh well, give it a try before retreating I figured. Loki's Illusions caused a massive chain cascade, including a couple criticals and leaving the board with another 5 match available. Ended up killing the enemy Thor before he got a chance to cast Green.

I have now upgraded my opinion of Loki from useless, to mostly useless.
  • Emeryt wrote:
    Apparently You have slight of a problem with reading signatures. I'm not writing in green, thus I'm not writing as a moderator.

I don't like bullies, that's all.

I'm gonna have to agree with The Ladder here. Whether or not you write in green text or not, you still represent the moderaters when you post simply because you are one. Therefore it's not appropriate to single out people just because you might dislike them. It reflects badly on your peers.

Yes, Klingsor can be hotheaded sometimes, but he does it because he's competitive and wants to show everyone that 5DV is serious.
  • Klingsor is a **** and entirely unlikable. That doesn't mean a moderator should take shots at him.
  • Irony? Sarcasm? Jealousy? Lust? Irony? Lust?

So many emotions right now I cant figure them out.
  • Emeryt wrote:
    klingsor wrote:
    Emeryt, you are a sorry excuse for a moderator, incapable of being professional or objective. I have no reason to explain myself to you. If people call me the Fuhrer, it's because they know nothing of history and lack perspective and wisdom. I'm not here to win popularity contests, just compete. From a competitive point of view, I don't think you can criticize me. In any case, I am not going to waste my time arguing with you.
    Yeah, don't waste Your time. I know You're busy spamming IceIX with PMs and the CEO's twitter account with complaints about me.

Thankfully You stopped PMing me with threats and "invitations" to USA, so You could "talk" with me.

Hmm , now I'm wonderimg HOW did you become a moderater in the first place.
    Did you do it by spamming IceIX PMs and the CEO's twitter account with compliments about yourself ?
  • If d3p REALLY wanted to make money they'd force klingsor, Emeryt, jozier, and mechgouki to all be in the same alliance so everyone would spend megabucks to ensure they beat that alliance in every tournament
  • jozier wrote:
    Klingsor is a **** and entirely unlikable. That doesn't mean a moderator should take shots at him.

Lol I agree with 50% of your statement, which i guess is a step in the right direction icon_e_wink.gif
  • So this Loki event icon_e_wink.gif, those 5 purple what a game of chance
  • datKrow wrote:
    Emeryt wrote:
    Apparently You have slight of a problem with reading signatures. I'm not writing in green, thus I'm not writing as a moderator.

I don't like bullies, that's all.

I'm gonna have to agree with The Ladder here. Whether or not you write in green text or not, you still represent the moderaters when you post simply because you are one. Therefore it's not appropriate to single out people just because you might dislike them. It reflects badly on your peers.

Yes, Klingsor can be hotheaded sometimes, but he does it because he's competitive and wants to show everyone that 5DV is serious.

I have to assume the quoted post was deleted. But, for the record emeryt, I have no problem reading your signature. I would be concerned if you think your tone and attitude towards klingsor in this post is appropriate.

I've moderated boards and continue to do so, and can vouch for it being a difficult task. I've had people make personal attacks on both my friends and myself, yet I have to maintain a professional decorum. If you are unable to do that, I agree with datKrow, it reflects badly on your peers and all the good work the moderation team does.

That's not to say you can't have your own personality on the forums, heck you don't need different coloured text for that. But engaging in a personal rivalry in public does not reflect well I am afraid.

I post this not as an attack on you personally, but as an outsider looking in. Like every piece of advice you receive in life, you are free to heed or disregard as you please.
  • I'm going to temporarily lock this thread. Several good points have been stated eloquently on the topic of moderator behavior, and others have been made that are less than eloquent. I will unlock this tomorrow, but for now I'd like to give us all a timeout on this topic.
This discussion has been closed.