God of Lies: May 2-4

Options

Comments

• Spider-man 6234
    Options
    Well just got attacked by a forumite. Soenottelling using c mags and punisher just hit me for 30 points. Its fine though as I will make my final push tonight. Just thought it was interesting to finally get hit by a forumite....
  • Unknown
    Options
    daveomite wrote:
    Forgot to mention. Like in the last pun pvp, I played some of the better half's mpq in GoL tonight too. She does not have any 85's, highest are mThor and OBW, both at 60.

It was interesting. Different experience, sort of. Thought it was interesting and wanted to share what happened.

I started, low point nodes, no seed teams. Went along, did match after match, passed 200, about the same, 300, about the same, 400, about the same. What I meant, most nodes showed matches of teams in the 40/50/60 range, and the rare 70.

I crossed 500, things started getting interesting. Just like what happened to point values after I passed 900, same happened after I passed 500 on her game. Most nodes were 15-19 points. Had to burn through several of those to get past them. Then a few more 20-25 point nodes.

Then finally got over 600, came out and had lost what I won times 2 basically. Managed to get back up to 600, got the progression, did a match, had gotten hit again. This time from a 141 team. Checked the nodes and cycled them all. EVERY ONE OF them had 141 teams in them.

Obviously, using her team, without even an 85 leveled character, I had zero chance against those odds, so shielded her up and gave up.

Just thought it was very odd how it just all of a sudden appeared like that. Similar to how I see the same type of thing past 850 or so, she got past 550. So, her threshold is definitely different than mine, and most of ours on the forum. But hers basically means she really can't go beyond 550 in a pvp most likely.

She's a newer player, lower leveled characters, so it's just interesting to see what they see in game.

Similar to what I experience. In Army of One I got to 599 points and everything was fine, barely being attacked, nodes still had non-max 2* and some 1*. The moment I got over 600, I was being attacked left and right and nodes were all 85 2* and even some 100+ 3*. There's definitely some threshold around 600, at least for me.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've never seen so many Thor/OBW teams. icon_e_confused.gif I tried skipping/finding a team that wasn't running them with Loki but had to stop for fear of running out of ISO.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu wrote:
    I've never seen so many Thor/OBW teams. icon_e_confused.gif I tried skipping/finding a team that wasn't running them with Loki but had to stop for fear of running out of ISO.

Heh. I was stuck in the 2* Thor/OBW zone during the Punisher tourney. I had such a hard time finding a team running anyone else. Thankfully I'm seeing a lot more variety this tourney.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Looks like there's going to be some changes in top2 alliance places.
  • gambl0r312
    gambl0r312 Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    WolfmanX25 wrote:
    locked wrote:
    Wolfman, trying to hit 900 here! *eyeroll*

Edit: done for now, I should have a max Punisher, a loaner Loki and cMagneto out so have at it.

Sorry. It wasn't my intention to piss you off. I basically just attack anyone who is worth decent points without even looking at the name.

Wolfman, you are top of our bracket right now. I don't need x-force so you are welcome to it, plus I already hit 900 earlier before tanking down/Ghast method. So if I see you again later in my nodes, I'll throw u pts. I think you are in range of getting overtaken by others....
  • Unknown
    Options
    Think people are counting out the venoms to soon. They will push hard and make up ground. Xmen have shot to early but credit were it is due they have impressed me. I love competition so great to see another alliance pushing and with a name like the xmen. I like that
  • Unknown
    Options
    beemand2g wrote:
    Think people are counting out the venoms to soon. They will push hard and make up ground. Xmen have shot to early but credit were it is due they have impressed me. I love competition so great to see another alliance pushing and with a name like the xmen. I like that

Yup. Venoms almost always charge late. Last tourney xmen had them by 500 points at the 3-hr mark - with 90 min left they were behind 1K. Like seeing the new blood in the mix, though! They've got some bruisers.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Hit 900 for the HP, dropped back down about 60. Worked back up a bit and shielded at about 870 something. Right now that's good enough for first in my bracket by about 150.
    Which is amusing in that one of my alliance mates is in 3rd in his bracket with 1050 something.

Depending on where my alliance finishes this one will have either earned or cost me 25HP which doesn't seem terrible for 3 usable doom covers. Not that I plan on using doom much.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Dropped an 8 hour shield at 1001 after getting hit down from 1050. Second place is at 991 so I have a feeling I am going to have to break shield... icon_e_sad.gif
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    I'm shielded in first at 1016. I have vonim from the The X-Men sitting in second at 875...I'm watching them increase their point total only to check a moment later and see it -20 or more. If you're on the forums, I'm rooting for ya. I'm done in this event, there seems to be more activity than normal.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I keep watching this guy name APF move up and down in my bracket. I gonna root for him.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Dormammu wrote:

This is why I find PVP more grindy and repetitious than PVE.
  • Unknown
    Options
    every time I hit 600 points I hit a wall of OBW and thor or 3 stars.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Dormammu wrote:
    Or Thor/Wolverine or Thor/Daken.

I've played one team with a Moonstone in it but everyone has been running Thor.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Maybe it's because I just today finally got my regular Thor up to 3/5/5 (he'd been 5/2/5 for ages, is still level 80, and I just today brought Lazyshield up to 141), but I've much preferred running Wolvie offensively. OBW loves a big pile of strike tiles and he provides that. Her espionage matches hitting for 6-700 isn't uncommon.

I've stopped running him as much since getting a 3* up high enough, but he seemed much faster, though not as beefy. I can see the argument that Thor is better on defense, or will cause other 2* teams to skip you. Enemy AI tends to match it's own strike tiles, and doesn't necessarily play optimally. Thor is pretty simple for it to play right.
  • Unknown
    Options
    with only a few hours left with Hoki Poki i'll just rank to where i can update my Ares. He only has one cover but only at level 1. I hope i can get rampage to help me out with the SImulator even if he only gets to be leveled up to level 8 with two covers and boosted to level 48 in the PvE event
  • Unknown
    Options
    j12601 wrote:
    Maybe it's because I just today finally got my regular Thor up to 3/5/5 (he'd been 5/2/5 for ages, is still level 80, and I just today brought Lazyshield up to 141), but I've much preferred running Wolvie offensively. OBW loves a big pile of strike tiles and he provides that. Her espionage matches hitting for 6-700 isn't uncommon.

I've stopped running him as much since getting a 3* up high enough, but he seemed much faster, though not as beefy. I can see the argument that Thor is better on defense, or will cause other 2* teams to skip you. Enemy AI tends to match it's own strike tiles, and doesn't necessarily play optimally. Thor is pretty simple for it to play right.

I always hear this about OBW double dipping strike tiles but whenever I try it doesn't seem very good. Turns out you actually need more than 3 black covers on her for the extra damage, so I guess that's why I wasn't amused icon_lol.gif

While she's not maxed, Thor works better for me.

(Yes, that means I'm running Thor + OBW icon_razz.gif )
  • Unknown
    Options
    sup123 wrote:
    I always hear this about OBW double dipping strike tiles but whenever I try it doesn't seem very good. Turns out you actually need more than 3 black covers on her for the extra damage, so I guess that's why I wasn't amused icon_lol.gif

She's a menace with 4/5 black covers going on. I've had her at 85 for a while, but it wasn't until the last week that I finally got the right build covered on her. She was 5/3/5 for a long time, and I'd sold off 10+ extra purple covers and a few blacks before I finally got a 4th and 5th blue cover for her. Now she's at 3/5/5 and while I miss the extra stolen AP from recon, the guaranteed healing is nice. If you can get her black to 4 or 5 though... she's a ton of fun.
  • Unknown
    Options
    j12601 wrote:
    sup123 wrote:

She's a menace with 4/5 black covers going on. I've had her at 85 for a while, but it wasn't until the last week that I finally got the right build covered on her. She was 5/3/5 for a long time, and I'd sold off 10+ extra purple covers and a few blacks before I finally got a 4th and 5th blue cover for her. Now she's at 3/5/5 and while I miss the extra stolen AP from recon, the guaranteed healing is nice. If you can get her black to 4 or 5 though... she's a ton of fun.

Got my 5th blue recently and sold a 4th purple to keep her recon cheap, so she's sitting at 3/5/3 for a while now. With people complaining about the heroic 10-pack 3* drops, at least that's one 2* cover I'm looking forward to get.
This discussion has been closed.