R134 Release Notes *Updated (8/29/17)

Options

Comments

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Brigby said:
    What does redownload character assets mean?  How do I do that?
    Was about to ask the same thing since playing matches with a character doesn't seem to do it as several people have mentioned.
    If a player starts a mission and sees a long loading screen, if they replay the same mission with the same characters, they shouldn't see another long loading screen.
    Hi Brigby.  Not trying to be contrary and maybe it's just me, but I'm still seeing the loading screen using the same team against the same opponents.  The first match seems to be the worst, but the issue still lingers.  Several others have described similar experiences.  It's as if the increase in level of the opponent (or something like that) is a factor.
    I would still need to confirm this with the developers once they're back in the office tomorrow morning, however I speculate that you're fighting the same opponents, but with a different background image; that's what's being downloaded.
  • GigDgee
    GigDgee Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I played a match with every character in the game, and I'm still getting constant loading screens.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is what happens when after 3 years you STILL don't properly test patches
  • bowla33
    bowla33 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    @Brigby - I've also completed Daiches recommend process for this and can confirm excessive loading screens still existing. Also confirmed during multiple PVE clears of same node with same team that issue will restart. 
  • Tredo
    Tredo Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Stop complaining! We'll probably get a couple Elite tokens for this!
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Notes that there's no release event in progress, puts down game, plays something else, checks forum occassionally to see if the issue has been fixed.
  • Killians8
    Killians8 Posts: 134 Tile Toppler
    Options
    @Brigby

Thanks for adding the update about the loading screens. Makes sense about what is happening. It's getting faster the more I play after the patch.
  • CyberVenom2001
    CyberVenom2001 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    As someone who has EVERY character in the game, this does not make me happy
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Just undo the patch. Life will go on as planned and we will forget this patch every tried existing
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Anyone else notice, if you tap on a repeater tiles to see its description it's blank? Nothing there.... 

Oh and also, in case no-one noticed those load times are terrible at the beginning of every damn match.....
  • Stick
    Stick Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I noticed grumblings about shenanigans with this patch so I delayed updating as long as I could. I'm just glad today's PvE sub is a 48 hour one. I think I'll just wait patiently for them to fix it before I attempt to play.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is like MPQ karma for that bug in classic tokens.
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I know nothing about programming and stuff but I find it funny that the weird odds thing was fixed in a matter of hours whereas this loading issue is still going rampant! And to top it off.. the suggestion is for us to fix it ourselves by playing with every character we have. And on top of that, it is not even a guaranteed fix!

Keep at it guys... Plenty more players to lose I guess
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was thinking the same. If it benefits the user then it'll get patched immediately. If it hurts the user then they'll get around to fixing it eventually.
  • Tintaiwan
    Tintaiwan Posts: 172 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Really slow loading of each match.  @Brigby
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tintaiwan said:
    Really slow loading of each match.  
    They know.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I used all my characters in System Reboot as suggested (starting match and retreating). It did seem to help. Lightning Rounds were fine this morning. Deadpool daily was slower, since those were the first missions since the patch dealing with ISO-Mutants and Maggia thugs and Symbiotes. Doom door in Strange Sights will be slow at first too, with all the ULTRON Sentries and Mindless Ones
    Secondary frustration: if you play on mltiple devices, you need to reload on the second one seperately. Oh well.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Tintaiwan said:
    Really slow loading of each match.  
    They know.
    but still forced us to update to it
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This is just unbelievably irritating; it ruins the game for me (and many of you, I'd imagine). How in the world could someone have possibly approved this patch?