R134 Release Notes *Updated (8/29/17)

Options

Comments

• TTTSB
    TTTSB Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options
    But I really, really don't want to be right. Please don't let me be right.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    *cough* Lockjaw *cough*

I mean, I'd prefer Jess, but Defenders is so last week. Now we're all about the Inhumans, right? Right?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Likely not Jessica Jones, Defenders are getting their releases now. The next hype event for Marvel would be Inhumans.
    My vote also goes to Lockjaw

On repeater tiles, why not Daredevil Billyclub? Is it because it changes location?
    Also Strange Eye of Agamoto, I assume repeater tiles are to solve the issue with how their predecessors interacted with Thanos Infinite Power, how does this fix that interaction?
  • TTTSB
    Options
    granne said:
    *cough* Lockjaw *cough*

I mean, I'd prefer Jess, but Defenders is so last week. Now we're all about the Inhumans, right? Right?
    So logically someone would have to post a disappointing preview of it, to keep inline with current Inhumans media?
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I feel it would make more sense, rather than coding in stun stacking, something the system hasn't been able to do before, to instead code in "don't stun if already stunned".
    The weird part is, I thought it already does this. If all 3 goblin stun tiles go off, doesn't it stun the entire enemy team?

So if that's the case, wouldn't this only matter if the entire team was stunned? But if THAT's the case, why wouldn't you get the benefit for targeted stuns as well?
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,602 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fmftint said:
    On repeater tiles, why not Daredevil Billyclub? Is it because it changes location?
    Also Strange Eye of Agamoto, I assume repeater tiles are to solve the issue with how their predecessors interacted with Thanos Infinite Power, how does this fix that interaction?
    My guess with Daredevil is because it moves. It doesn't repeat and place a new one in the same spot (which the others do).

As for Strange, what interaction? Neither 3* nor 5* Strange's purple will be able to interact with Repeater tiles (so if they did something screwy with countdowns before like Thanos' purple, that should be fixed, I believe).
  • Jaedenkaal
    edited August 2017
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    fmftint said:
    My guess with Daredevil is because it moves. It doesn't repeat and place a new one in the same spot (which the others do).

As for Strange, what interaction? Neither 3* nor 5* Strange's purple will be able to interact with Repeater tiles (so if they did something screwy with countdowns before like Thanos' purple, that should be fixed, I believe).
    I think he means that currently, repeater tiles (and eye of agamoto?) expire and are not replaced while Infinite Power is on the board, while repeater tiles might not expire and immediately replace themselves with a new tile, but simply reset their counter, which would allow them to remain on the board when Infinite Power is out.

Also that 5* Eye of Agammotto is a pretty good candidate for using "repeater" technology, but is not listed. Although that;s possible, in the same way that Black Hole and Motivation tiles function like Countdown tiles but are not actual Countdown tiles.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Correct, currently Eye of Agamoto, if Infinite Power is on board will tick, then turn into a dead spot on the board
  • TTTSB
    Options
    I feel it would make more sense, rather than coding in stun stacking, something the system hasn't been able to do before, to instead code in "don't stun if already stunned".
    The weird part is, I thought it already does this. If all 3 goblin stun tiles go off, doesn't it stun the entire enemy team?

So if that's the case, wouldn't this only matter if the entire team was stunned? But if THAT's the case, why wouldn't you get the benefit for targeted stuns as well?
    Don't know if there are other situations where this can happen, but in the Hulk event using SWitch to stun lock, if I used Reality Crush when Hulk had one turn of stun left, I only got the damage and the stun counter stayed at one. I had to let Hulk be unstunned (?) and then use it.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,602 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fmftint said:
    Correct, currently Eye of Agamoto, if Infinite Power is on board will tick, then turn into a dead spot on the board
    Ah, I getcha. I thought you meant repeaters interacting with Eye, not behaving similarly to the Eye.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Options
    TTTSB said:

Don't know if there are other situations where this can happen, but in the Hulk event using SWitch to stun lock, if I used Reality Crush when Hulk had one turn of stun left, I only got the damage and the stun counter stayed at one. I had to let Hulk be unstunned (?) and then use it.
    Yeah I've seen that as well, although in that case (Hulk is the only target left), wouldn't it make more sense to simply overwrite the current stun duration with the new one (if it's longer), for random and targeted stuns alike? I think that's even how it used to behave.
  • Mrgod2u
    Mrgod2u Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I believe it will be Lockjaw, also the repeaters don't affect the interaction between Carol and Medusa or Wasp which is good and bad as the Medusa Carol connection is a big part of the Metagame, good news on the stun front as a 4* Gamora user
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,023 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What about 4* Elektra's Ballet of Death? Is that a repeater? Or will it remain a trap?
  • mattonline
    mattonline Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Lou Ferrigno won the tug of war both times he was on battle of the network stars.  So I'd say a new Hulk for Thor: Ragnarok, but that doesn't come out until November...
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Lockjaw !!!
    And I fully called the repeating countdown tile nerf lame 

• spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Tug of war was an event on Battle of the Network Stars back in the 70s and 80s. Know what else was popular? Disco...
    Dazzler confirmed
  • SnakesArrows
    SnakesArrows Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Lockjaw. The Inhuman dog.  
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options
    ZeiramMR said:
    My first thought on the clue was Hercules, but has he been relevant in recent years?

I agree with mega ghost that Blob would make sense if looking at the clue from a defense POV... but relevancy again plus he is a mutant.

I'd love for it to be JJ but the clue doesn't really line up.

4* Colossus seems like the safest bet, with the dark horse bet that this is a play on an anchor.
    Hercules did have a solo title and is currently in the Avengers, but I doubt that's enough to get him in the game right now.

The game seems to focus on Marvel's tv or movies before comics. So Inhumans are next in the synergy list. Then Thor Ragnarok.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'd love Lockjaw but isn't the Inhumans show still months away? Now that it's been mentioned, and without spoiling anything, I know the exact scene in Defenders that could imply this is Jessica Jones.
  • chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I think inhumans premieres at the end of September. They are even doing an IMAX release of the first couple episodes.