R134 Release Notes *Updated (8/29/17)

Options

Comments

• Stick
    Stick Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm sad about that R&G countdown turning into a repeater. I really enjoyed running him with C4rol. Oh well.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    chaos01 said:
    I think inhumans premieres at the end of September. They are even doing an IMAX release of the first couple episodes. 
    Inhumans theater release is September 1
  • TheSeven
    TheSeven Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    Options
    The unmovable Juggernaut would be useful in a tug of war. :)
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,602 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'd love Lockjaw but isn't the Inhumans show still months away? Now that it's been mentioned, and without spoiling anything, I know the exact scene in Defenders that could imply this is Jessica Jones.
    chaos01 said:
    I think inhumans premieres at the end of September. They are even doing an IMAX release of the first couple episodes. 
    Inhumans hits IMAX Sept 1st.

Generally releases are every two weeks, which would put a release Sept 7th, but the time between 5*s is sometimes closer to 5 weeks, which means they might skip a week (putting a release August 31st).

Either way, seems like a solid time to do an Inhumans release if they're going to (in order to push the IMAX connection, at least).
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    For all those guessing Lockjaw, the clue is not Pug of War
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Joe Fixit?

Idfk.
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    Options

There's a lot of people "guessing" Lockjaw, or rather simply posting Lockjaw without even trying to provide some supporting evidence for their claim. So, I guess there's a pretty good chance it's Lockjaw and these people have seen evidence elsewhere.

As for the clue - these haven't been literal (remember the eight sided stop sign?), so although a tug of war champion would be quite strong and/or immoveable, it doesn't necessarily mean that this clue represents Colossus or Juggernaut, or Blob.

In Tug of War, the person at the end of each team is referred to as the Anchor. So I think that's the meta-clue that we want to use. Now, Lockjaw is a pretty good fit for the clue Anchor, since he's kind of the Anchor for the Inhumans team.

I'll throw out a secondary guess for Namor, via the word association of anchor to ocean.

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Here you go @Jaedenkaal
    Update: Added additional information regarding the new Repeater tiles
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

"Tug of War"

Obviously, it's Sos the Rope

Or maybe Dazzler.

• ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Because I've gone all day without posting something stupid, I'll guess it's a lazy, dual character version of 1* Venom and 1* Yelena combined, with a third color added to allow them to switch back and forth, al la Cloak & Dagger.
  • AlluAllu
    AlluAllu Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Options

There's a lot of people "guessing" Lockjaw, or rather simply posting Lockjaw without even trying to provide some supporting evidence for their claim. So, I guess there's a pretty good chance it's Lockjaw and these people have seen evidence elsewhere.

I think it's because he is a dog and the tug of war is a popular game with dogs.
  • ejmus
    ejmus Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Options

"Tug of War"

Or maybe Dazzler.

I actually know that reference, does that make me a bad person?
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ejmus said:

"Tug of War"

Or maybe Dazzler.

I actually know that reference, does that make me a bad person?

It depends on how many Xanth novels you read...
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mexus said:
    I'm OK with all this and all but I don't understand this part:
    "but differ in that they return to the base number instead of being destroyed"
    Elaborate?
    The powers listed currently cause the tile to be destroyed, then refreshed in the same place on the board (which means no possibility of a board match from the mini-cascade).
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2017
    Options
    mexus said:
    ZeiramMR said:
    mexus said:
    I'm OK with all this and all but I don't understand this part:
    "but differ in that they return to the base number instead of being destroyed"
    Elaborate?
    The powers listed currently cause the tile to be destroyed, then refreshed in the same place on the board (which means no possibility of a board match from the mini-cascade).
    So you can't get these tiles away?
    You match them and they come back? Forever?
    It's like the live version, but the coding is a little different. No change for the player, other than those powers that target a CD will not target this. Everything else is the same from the player's point of view. 
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thats the complete list? I feel like 3* Hawkguy should be on there. That list seems to be people who target any specials, so Hawkguys passive should count. Also think Kingpin should be able to poke a repeater tile, but that is more of a change than an omission from the list
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Here you go Jaedenkaal
    ! <3

Wait! Now I have to figure out the the other list for myself? Drat...

jk. Thank you very much.
  • cpeyton3535
    cpeyton3535 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Stick said:
    I'm sad about that R&G countdown turning into a repeater. I really enjoyed running him with C4rol. Oh well.
    I think Wasp would be the natural replacement for R&G.  I suspect she'll be slotting in beside C4rol a lot more often now.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Agree that Kingpin should be able to use Wilson's Gambit on repeaters -- other powers that clear countdowns seem to work with these too, so it would be consistent (plus, hasn't he suffered enough?) 

I'll miss the Carol + one-turn repeating countdown power combo, but I won't miss fighting an enemy Carol who gets Nightstalker, Flame Jet, etc., as a team-up. And that combo was hella broken, so I can't begrudge the nerf. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Here you go Jaedenkaal
    ! <3

Wait! Now I have to figure out the the other list for myself? Drat...

jk. Thank you very much.
    ;)
    Update 2: Added even more information regarding the new Repeater tiles and the stun duration bug-fix