R134 Release Notes *Updated (8/29/17)

Options

Comments

• D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Warbringa said:
    I think the changes make sense in a lot of ways.  Carol and R&G was just a fairly broken combo.  Better to make this change than actually their powers.  I suppose that Carol along with any of the 3* listed really allowed 3* transitioners to really punch far above their weight too, but I doubt that is as big of an issue.  Carol and R&G are both still great characters.  More importantly from a game perspective it does make a whole lot more sense to have a completely different tile for several reasons outlined in the pages of posts above.  New powers and combos being one area I am really looking forward to in this change. Of course I am close to champing both Carol and R&G so I guess I will never get that level of synergy.
    Don't worry, I played with both multiple times and always finished the game without even popping up Rocket's blue. Reason: it's expensive and when you play Carol, your priority is usually black, not blue. 

That is also one reason I said that Carol won't lose much because of this change. She is strong on her own. 
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Now that Lockjaw has been mentioned, I feel bad that I didn't think of him. Tug of war is the most common game you play with your dog, and he is always the winner. Given the Inhumans TV series, I think it's a safe conclusion to say that he's the next 4*. 
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Heyyyy, did somebody mention Namor? I don't think he's it, but he *is* an original defender.... *hopes just a little bit* :D:D:D
  • cpeyton3535
    cpeyton3535 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    D4Ni13 said:
    Skrofa said:
    D4Ni13 said:
    Stick said:
    I'm sad about that R&G countdown turning into a repeater. I really enjoyed running him with C4rol. Oh well.
    I think Wasp would be the natural replacement for R&G.  I suspect she'll be slotting in beside C4rol a lot more often now.
    Carol doesn't really need that repeat CD mechanic to perform, but hey, everybody is free to use her as they want. 

Carol, Blade and Medusa will destroy Carol + Wasp any day IMO.
    I would use carol, medusa and wasp any time before swapping wasp for blade! Wasp gets things started with just 6 blue ap. And if you happen to match Medusa's cd tile as well... Win!
    If the opponent doesn't want the attack tiles to get buffed they have to match Wasp's cd tile. If they do, they get stung in the face. Love this trio!
    Yes, but you lose green and red for that trio, opposed to blue only with the other. And the fact is that Blade can create strike tiles even from turn 2 with the right board and Medusa's CD would make it stronger without having to use Carol's black. 

So both trios have advantages and disadvantages. I prefer Blade over Wasp :smile:
    Blade rocks, no question.  The team of C4rol/Bl4de (Buffed)/C&D usually takes out Galactus for me before he fires a power or even triggers a CD.  I definitely use him more than I use Wasp.  But if you are strictly looking to replace the tile-buffing you got out of R&G/C4rol, Wasp seems to me to be the logical choice.

Honestly, quite a few fun options these days with some of the newest 4*s.  I think C4rol remains at the centre of most of them even with this mini-nerf.
  • Evilplayer
    Evilplayer Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Tug of war :) 
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Repeater tiles also nerfs Black Widow (Original) and Bagman's ability to delay countdowns, Black Widow (Civil War) Tell Me Everything reduced cost, Starlord Oldest Trick in the Book damage, and Moonstone's Control Shift from 2 years ago.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,923 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    When I see champion of war (even of the tugging variety), I think Ares- the God of War. I could see it being a 4* Ares since they have the license to him obviously.
  • CyberVenom2001
    CyberVenom2001 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Just got an email from d3 celebrating National Dog Day by announcing Lockjaw!
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just got an email from d3 celebrating National Dog Day by announcing Lockjaw!
    Me too, release date is Sept 7th with the usual marvel.com article on him, but until then:

• Stick
    Stick Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Dang, y'all beat me to it. That's great! I hope he pairs well with Kamala Khan... then again I don't really use her any more... should be an interesting add anyways.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What the tinykitty do we need to do to get a Jessica Jones in the game?
  • JuanAV2141
    JuanAV2141 Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Options
    They posted on Facebook that Lockjaw is coming out soon. He's a HUGE dog so he would win tug of war.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2017
    Options
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    broll said:
    Wait for season 2?

If that comes along and we still don't have her the forums will likely riot.
  • CyberVenom2001
    CyberVenom2001 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Jessica Jones?! Pfft. Do you know how long we've been waiting for Dazzler?!?
  • Stick
    Options
    I'm just sitting here waiting patiently for Silk. POKEMON REFERENCES!
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    broll said:
    Maybe they're under the mistaken impression that she's a mutant?
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm actually really excited for Lockjaw! I'm curious to see what his abilities will be. I assume one will involve his bite, one will involve his sense of smell, and one will involve his teleportation ability. He'll most likely be a support character.

The bite could perhaps be an attack plus stun, since he'd be clamping down and holding the enemy in place.

His teleportation could be used to protect himself and allies from harm, perhaps in the way 2* Hawkeye's 'Avoid' used to work, or like Spider-Woman's 'Seeking Redemption.'

His sense of smell could be used in relation to enemy special tiles — maybe destroying enemy invisibility and trap tiles, or even preventing them outright under certain conditions like an AP reserve or countdown tile. Like having X AP removes one invisibility or trap tile for 1 AP, or while the countdown is on the board all enemies are visible and at the end of the countdown a set number of trap and special tiles are destroyed. Now that repeater tiles are a thing, I could see the ability being a repeater tile that removes one special tile every turn, and at five covers that becomes two tiles per turn and can include invisibility and trap tiles. Or maybe it's just a passive and works like a more powerful 'Redwing'!
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    And if I'm right about his sense of smell being used to locate and remove enemy special tiles of all kinds, he could be the perfect foil for all of the powerful special tile creating and buffing characters as of late.

I can also see his teleportation ability being used as a tile-swap mechanic, but more powerful than we've seen so far, or with some unique passive component.
  • Stick
    Options
    There's some good ideas in there. I like the idea of having more characters to deal with trap/invisibility tiles. I feel like aside from spamming special tiles of your own, there isn't really a good way to deal with traps. Maybe that's intentional? I don't know.