R134 Release Notes *Updated (8/29/17)

Options

Comments

• D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Stick said:
    I'm sad about that R&G countdown turning into a repeater. I really enjoyed running him with C4rol. Oh well.
    I think Wasp would be the natural replacement for R&G.  I suspect she'll be slotting in beside C4rol a lot more often now.
    Carol doesn't really need that repeat CD mechanic to perform, but hey, everybody is free to use her as they want. 

Carol, Blade and Medusa will destroy Carol + Wasp any day IMO.
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    D4Ni13 said:
    Stick said:
    I'm sad about that R&G countdown turning into a repeater. I really enjoyed running him with C4rol. Oh well.
    I think Wasp would be the natural replacement for R&G.  I suspect she'll be slotting in beside C4rol a lot more often now.
    Carol doesn't really need that repeat CD mechanic to perform, but hey, everybody is free to use her as they want. 

I would use carol, medusa and wasp any time before swapping wasp for blade! Wasp gets things started with just 6 blue ap. And if you happen to match Medusa's cd tile as well... Win!
    If the opponent doesn't want the attack tiles to get buffed they have to match Wasp's cd tile. If they do, they get stung in the face. Love this trio!
  • cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm a little sad at this because I really like the under-developed roster team of C4rol+Dak3n+HT. I don't have a champed Wasp or Gr4cket. :(
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Jaedenkaal said:
    Brigby said:
    Here you go Jaedenkaal
    Update: Added additional information regarding the new Repeater tiles
    ! <3

Wait! Now I have to figure out the the other list for myself? Drat...

jk. Thank you very much.
    ;)
    Update 2: Added even more information regarding the new Repeater tiles and the stun duration bug-fix
    Excellent, that makes sense, and it's actually a pretty common-sense distinction.

Wait! One more question. If I Reality Crush stun someone who is already stunned for 2 more turns, is the final stun duration 5 turns, or 7 turns (the current stun, plus the 5 from Reality Crush.
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Drax could get a nice buff if his purple's passive included repeater tiles but that doesn't look to be the case, understandably. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Options
    Drax could get a nice buff if his purple's passive included repeater tiles but that doesn't look to be the case, understandably. 
    Avoid a nice nerf, presuamably you mean ;)
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Everyone's all "Carol this" and "Coulson that" while few tears are being shed for Drax! Maybe he'll sneak under the radar since no one probably knew what his passive was without looking!
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Jaedenkaal said:
    Brigby said:
    Here you go Jaedenkaal
    Update: Added additional information regarding the new Repeater tiles
    ! <3

Wait! Now I have to figure out the the other list for myself? Drat...

jk. Thank you very much.
    ;)
    Update 2: Added even more information regarding the new Repeater tiles and the stun duration bug-fix
    Excellent, that makes sense, and it's actually a pretty common-sense distinction.

Wait! One more question. If I Reality Crush stun someone who is already stunned for 2 more turns, is the final stun duration 5 turns, or 7 turns (the current stun, plus the 5 from Reality Crush.
    The stun duration would not stack, so it would be 5 turns. To my knowledge, previously if an already-stunned character was randomly chosen to be stunned, then the duration would remain the same. Now it will correctly update to the duration the ability states.
  • Felessa
    Felessa Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I really don't care about Inhumans... but I would be extremely happy if we got a mutant again :)
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Everyone's all "Carol this" and "Coulson that" while few tears are being shed for Drax! Maybe he'll sneak under the radar since no one probably knew what his passive was without looking!
    Oh right. When I saw it, then Grocket released, I thought "Oh, so he's designed to be used with Grocket." And now that may be gone. Oh well.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Jaedenkaal said:

The stun duration would not stack, so it would be 5 turns. To my knowledge, previously if an already-stunned character was randomly chosen to be stunned, then the duration would remain the same. Now it will correctly update to the duration the ability states.
    Ok I lied, I still have more questions.

Do powers that count countdown tiles for some effect (Such as Oldest Trick in the Book and the active part of Secret Weapon and the active part of Super-Secret Tech) also count repeater tiles?

If the Opportunity triggers and fires Fastball Special for free, which throws Star-Lord, who fires Sleight of Hand when he returns and replaces a Repeater Tile with a Countdown tile, will Professor X remain invisible?

• mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I'll throw out a secondary guess for Namor, via the word association of anchor to ocean.

You know, I was trying to think of characters who could be considered "anchors" too and for whatever reason Namor didn't come to mind. I'd like to see Namor in the game and he feels like a big oversight.

What's the deal with his movie rights though, does Marvel have them? Everything I've read seems very confused on this detail and there are conflicting accounts. If Marvel does not in fact have them, I'm sad to say we won't see him in the game any time soon. 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:

If the Opportunity triggers and fires Fastball Special for free, which throws Star-Lord, who fires Sleight of Hand when he returns and replaces a Repeater Tile with a Countdown tile, will Professor X remain invisible?
     :| ....42?
    First part: Mockingbird triggers Opportunist which triggers Fastball Special which throws Starlord (so you're running Mockingbird Colossus Starlord cause... reasons) and Starlord uses his purple upon landing, replacing a repeater tile with a countdown.

Then he lost me by suddenly bringing up PX.
  • TTTSB
    TTTSB Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    Brigby said:

:| ....42?
    First part: Mockingbird triggers Opportunist which triggers Fastball Special which throws Starlord (so you're running Mockingbird Colossus Starlord cause... reasons) and Starlord uses his purple upon landing, replacing a repeater tile with a countdown.

It's obviously a riddle. The answer is Harper Lee playing Shadow of the Colossus with Chris Pratt and James McAvoy.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Jaedenkaal said:
    Do powers that count countdown tiles for some effect (Such as Oldest Trick in the Book and the active part of Secret Weapon and the active part of Super-Secret Tech) also count repeater tiles?
    So I spoke with the developers, and those abilities do not count Repeater tiles; they only work with Countdown tiles.
    Jaedenkaal said:
    Taking this question at face value, then yes, Professor X remains invisible, so long as his tile doesn't get replaced by the one that Sleight of Hand generates.
  • Jaedenkaal
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Jaedenkaal said:
    Taking this question at face value, then yes, Professor X remains invisible, so long as his tile doesn't get replaced by the one that Sleight of Hand generates.
    Haha. Oblique reference to a bug a while ago that, as far as I remember, caused invisibility tiles to do odd things if they were replaced with other tiles. Or maybe it was the other way around...
    OJSP said:
    Bowgentle said:
    He's been invisible the whole time.. The team didn't realise he was there as a fourth wheel.. :lol:
    Or on the other team... :)

Anyways, I'm sure 42 is the correct answer.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,292 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I think the changes make sense in a lot of ways.  Carol and R&G was just a fairly broken combo.  Better to make this change than actually their powers.  I suppose that Carol along with any of the 3* listed really allowed 3* transitioners to really punch far above their weight too, but I doubt that is as big of an issue.  Carol and R&G are both still great characters.  More importantly from a game perspective it does make a whole lot more sense to have a completely different tile for several reasons outlined in the pages of posts above.  New powers and combos being one area I am really looking forward to in this change. Of course I am close to champing both Carol and R&G so I guess I will never get that level of synergy.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Its either Cable: can travel back in time any time he's about to lose and change the outcome or Domino: the probability to win will always favor her.

Or the "War" clue refers to the musical group, who had the best selling album in 1973...which is when Disco was popular...so it's Dazzler.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Skrofa said:
    D4Ni13 said:
    Stick said:

I would use carol, medusa and wasp any time before swapping wasp for blade! Wasp gets things started with just 6 blue ap. And if you happen to match Medusa's cd tile as well... Win!
    If the opponent doesn't want the attack tiles to get buffed they have to match Wasp's cd tile. If they do, they get stung in the face. Love this trio!
    Yes, but you lose green and red for that trio, opposed to blue only with the other. And the fact is that Blade can create strike tiles even from turn 2 with the right board and Medusa's CD would make it stronger without having to use Carol's black. 

So both trios have advantages and disadvantages. I prefer Blade over Wasp :smile: