R134 Release Notes *Updated (8/29/17)

Options

Comments

• DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I assume one will involve his bite, one will involve his sense of smell, and one will involve his teleportation ability. He'll most likely be a support character.

These all make sense as a reasonable starting point for developing a set of abilities. A Bite ability could have him latch-on to an enemy, preventing Invisibility or Airborne status for a small period.

Sense of smell could have something to do with the change to fortifying trap tiles from a month or two ago. He could fortify enemy trap tiles - although this would make them harder to remove, it would allow you to easily identify where they are hidden.

And if teleportation takes the form of tile swapping, that might just be the perfect way to set up those identified trap tiles for cascading matches or otherwise get them out of the way so you don't trigger them,

• D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Options
    They posted on Facebook that Lockjaw is coming out soon. He's a HUGE dog so he would win tug of war.
    Every dog wins tug of war, if you think about it. You are the one releasing the cord most often :smiley:
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I assume one will involve his bite, one will involve his sense of smell, and one will involve his teleportation ability. He'll most likely be a support character.

These all make sense as a reasonable starting point for developing a set of abilities. A Bite ability could have him latch-on to an enemy, preventing Invisibility or Airborne status for a small period.

Sense of smell could have something to do with the change to fortifying trap tiles from a month or two ago. He could fortify enemy trap tiles - although this would make them harder to remove, it would allow you to easily identify where they are hidden.

And if teleportation takes the form of tile swapping, that might just be the perfect way to set up those identified trap tiles for cascading matches or otherwise get them out of the way so you don't trigger them,

Fortifying enemy traps would be horrible, surely that would just mean that you had used ap to potentially get hit twice by the same trap and also if you create a match 4 or something that kills a trap as part of a column, that still triggers a trap unless you are suggesting setting one up for the AI to match away for you?

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Crowl said:

Fortifying enemy traps would be horrible, surely that would just mean that you had used ap to potentially get hit twice by the same trap and also if you create a match 4 or something that kills a trap as part of a column, that still triggers a trap unless you are suggesting setting one up for the AI to match away for you?

All part of Doom's plan... Diabolical, no?
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    For the love of a generic diety please have lock jaw do something against countdowns. We literally have 20 people who destroy/steal strike, assault and protect tiles. We have 1/2 a dozen that improve, shorten, or protect count down tiles. Let lock jaw be the first to destroy multiple countdowns.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Update 3: Changed to Final Release Notes
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    While they don't target countdowns specifically, there are tons of abilities that can be used to destroy them:
    • GSBW Red and Green
    • Chulk Green
    • Gwenpool Purple
    • 4* Cyclops Red (if you have 10 TU AP)
    • 1* Hawkeye Red
    I'm sure there are others that allow for targeted destruction of tiles that include countdowns, and more that detroy random tiles.

Also you have ones like:
    • 4* Thor Yellow - at 5 covers converts countdowns to charged tiles
    • 4* Star Lord Purple - can replace enemy countdowns with his own
    While having an ability that specifically targets count downs would be interesting, it would not be the first that allows you to destroy multiple countdowns
  • Stick
    Stick Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It's a good point, but with such a heavy countdown meta, it'd be nice to have more options to balance things out.
  • cpeyton3535
    cpeyton3535 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    For the love of a generic diety please have lock jaw do something against countdowns. We literally have 20 people who destroy/steal strike, assault and protect tiles. We have 1/2 a dozen that improve, shorten, or protect count down tiles. Let lock jaw be the first to destroy multiple countdowns.
    5* Black Widow's purple can take out up to 3 CD tiles, though it's effectiveness is diminished if there are attack, strike or protect tiles on the board as well.  Having a similar power in a 4* wouldn't be unwelcome (I'm assuming Lockjaw is a 4*).  Would be extremely effective in PvE against nodes without tile-movers.  Which is probably why we haven't seen it, come to think of it.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    4* Countdown removal, eh. Ok, well:

Striking Distance (5 covers)
    Force Bubbles (4-5 covers)
    Bill of Rights (4-5 covers)
    Hybrid Tech Slicer (when triggered by Circling Prey)
    Resonance Frequency (of the targeted color)
    Sploits (in one row or column)
    To Love and Fear
    Mind Over Matter (4-5 covers)
    Sleight of Hand (3-5 covers)
    The Quack-Fu One-Two (green tiles)
    Mastermind Excello (In the chosen 3x3 block)
    The Destroyer
    Surgical Strike (if they're in the enemy's strongest color)

(Might have missed a few edge cases, but I think that's more or less it. I excluded entirely random tile destruction)

Fortified countdown tiles would be (briefly) protected from the bolded effects listed. While this isn't a particularly short list, it's not particularly long, either, even when including targeted tile destruction.

I suspect this is because destroying countdown tiles as an effect can be especially punitive against characters who rely on them to do anything. (To the point where more and more powers create Fortified tiles right out of the gate, at least at higher cover levels). Countdown tiles are even more vulnerable in this way than other special tiles, because in many cases the tile doesn't do anything on the turn it is created, and may also not do anything until it expires, several turns later.
  • Killians8
    Killians8 Posts: 134 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2017
    Options
    So many problems with this patch. Very long load times (w/ percentages) for each match, multiple special attacks during Daredevil PvP which did not damage, repeater tile has a blank description when clicked on. I use iOS.

Unplayable patch.
  • GigDgee
    GigDgee Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This patch is right up there with the one that (temporarily) destroyed people's save data. These load times make the game absolutely unplayable.
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    Options
    just want to say. lovely play testing of the patch

gave me a good laugh :P
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is the consensus to not download the patch until forced to?
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    Options
    Crowl said:

Absolutely agree that fortifying enemy traps would be horrible - but totally in line with what I expect out of the dev team. Still, there are a few cases where I could see it work in my favour. For example, using Coulson would allow you to overwrite the traps with the Charge status

• antreas1911
    antreas1911 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Huge load time before each battle. Game unplayable as it is now.
  • Königsmacher
    Königsmacher Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options
    The new load times are insane. It has been a common complaint for some time now that the game wastes too much time with animations, slow tile movement, clumsy UI etc... now you can wait for another three to five seconds until you actually start the battle. It used to be instant! What is the game even loading now?
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There's a thread in the bug forum. I'd avoid downloading if you can.
  • rg72
    rg72 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Getting the force update notice on ios so can't avoid it :(
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    Options
    Load times are a bad joke