Was the Hero For Hire Store brought back?

Comments

• Agent Why
    Agent Why Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Additional data point for the thread...

I have 5x 4* champs, the rest of my 4*'s are between 1 & 12 covers. Of particular interest in this discussion, my Riri and Wasp are both 4/5/3 @ lvl 250, my Nova is 3/4/5 @ 200, my Coulson is 5/5/2 @ lvl 165, and my Mordo was 4/5/2 @ lvl 180. For the record, I have a lot of other 4*'s with 5 covers in a single color, but nowhere near 12 total covers.

Last night I decided to spend a bunch of CP and open 20 Classic LT's.

Of those LT's, 2x were 5*, and 3x were unusable: the first unusable was a 6th (well, actually 9th, but let's only talk about what I have in my Q) blue for my 1/1/5 Gamora. The second unusable was a 6th black for my Mordo - I got 2 blacks from this batch of 20 LT's, and he was already4/5/2, so he became 5/5/2 and the second black became unusable. And finally, the 3rd unusable was a purple for my 5/5/2 Coulson.

Also in those 20 LT's was a red Nova, taking him to 4/4/5.

Since I also had a bunch of other tokens to open, I ended up scrolling through all the token stores right after opening the LT's, and so I noticed that my HfH store had changed from offering ONLY a black Nova (which for me would be unusable), to offering the black Nova, a *purple* Mordo (which would allow champing him & saving the useless black in my Q), and a "Coming Soon" Antman yellow.

Also for the record, I do currently have enough HP to buy a couple of HfH.

At no point was I, or have I been offered Riri or Wasp covers... but at no point have I had any unusable covers for either of them in my Q.

I'm not really a Mordo fan (I guess he'll get a buff someday...??), so I don't know if I really want to spend 3600 HP on him, plus the ~ 300K ISO to champ him, would have preferred if the HfH store had offered me a blue Coulson, which I would have bought for sure.

Anyway, just thought I'd put that out there for the MPQ thinkers & data collectors...
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    The presumed rules for offer still worked for me.  I had Iceman at 2/5/5. Got the blue progression reward from hot shot. Got a green off. Bought that like it was going out of style. 

The truly ironic thing is ive now bought from H4H store a grand total of two times. Both were Iceman green to get that tiny kitty unicorn. The 3 greens I got for him were 2 H4H and BH. Without those I'd be 0/5/5 and throwing away 2 blue this week. 
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    broll said:
    The presumed rules for offer still worked for me.  I had Iceman at 2/5/5. Got the blue progression reward from hot shot. Got a green off. Bought that like it was going out of style. 

The truly ironic thing is ive now bought from H4H store a grand total of two times. Both were Iceman green to get that tiny kitty unicorn. The 3 greens I got for him were 2 H4H and BH. Without those I'd be 0/5/5 and throwing away 2 blue this week. 
     Way back when this first started, people reported getting the offer with some variation of 0/5/5. So there could have been a chance you would have gotten an offer for a green cover. Of course, if that had been your situation and you bought the cover, then you would have to decide if you wanted to spend 240 CP for two more green covers so you could champ him and save the dying covers. 

Congrats on champing him, btw. When I hit 900 in Hotshot, that will put him at 4/5/2 for me. Probably could have been 5/5/2 if I had ground down the team up node to zero in the first sub of DP vs. MPQ. The points I would have gotten from that probably would have gotten me T5 in SCL8 for the extra green cover. Oh well, he'll get there eventually. 
  • fun_and_gun
    fun_and_gun Posts: 120 Tile Toppler
    have a GR cover dying on the vine from the system reboot event.  my GR has been sitting at 5/2/5 for some time now.  been trying some tricks to get it to appear in my hfh store but to no avail.  just checked a moment ago, and now GR's red is there!  I may pass on it though since I've been trying to grind out some hood covers by setting him as my bh.  just need 8 more until he reaches 223 for GR red.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    I drew an unusable Cage black, then almost immediately got his HfH offer yesterday. Snagged it & now just need ISO to champion. 
  • akboyce
    akboyce Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    I currently have 2 green 4* Iron Fists sitting on the vine with 7d and 6d. My Iron Fist is sitting at 4/5/2. I have not had any Iron Fist Hero for Hire options. I have enough CP to buy the 5th blue but not enough to buy 2 covers to champ him. Obviously buying a blue is a REALLY bad idea because it will make both green and blue dead draws UNLESS it triggers the Heroes for Hire store and I can buy the last cover with HP.

Advice?
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    akboyce said:
    I currently have 2 green 4* Iron Fists sitting on the vine with 7d and 6d. My Iron Fist is sitting at 4/5/2. I have not had any Iron Fist Hero for Hire options. I have enough CP to buy the 5th blue but not enough to buy 2 covers to champ him. Obviously buying a blue is a REALLY bad idea because it will make both green and blue dead draws UNLESS it triggers the Heroes for Hire store and I can buy the last cover with HP.

Advice?
    You could try buying black with CP to trigger the offer, but there are no guarantees it will. I don't think it necessarily has to be a variation of 5/5/X to trigger the offer, just some combination of 12 covers with unusable ones dying on the vine.

Also, it seems that these deals aren't necessarily offered right away when a store flips. Since it just changed to Ant-Man, it might be two or three days before offers show up, provided you meet the mystery criteria.

Alternatively, 4ist's green and black covers are the placement rewards in Hood's PvP, which means his blue will be progression in Thor's event when it starts Tuesday. You could either snipe and hope for a T5 placement or snag the blue cover from progression, if you can get to 900.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    I had the offer again today, so now Vulture is my 20th 4* champ. Happy days.

I have some covers in my queue, but no-one at 12 covers, so I don't expect I'll see the offer next time around, unless I pull a 12th Bucky cover in the meantime. I'm not sure I'd use that much HP on him, but Vulture and R&G were no-brainers.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    granne said:
    I had the offer again today, so now Vulture is my 20th 4* champ. Happy days.

I have some covers in my queue, but no-one at 12 covers, so I don't expect I'll see the offer next time around, unless I pull a 12th Bucky cover in the meantime. I'm not sure I'd use that much HP on him, but Vulture and R&G were no-brainers.
    Bucky is not worth it.  He is just not.  You will barely use him, even boosted.  Too slow. He is especially not worth it, because you can get his covers from SRSS, who feeds from 2*cap.  Those last Buckys will come if you want them.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    Mine just kicked for my 12 cover Bucky with 1 on the vine. Luckily my cap is at 264, so one bonus hero will net me that cover and his daily is coming up pretty soon.

Edit: got my 265 cap from a gold standard, nice not to have to waste 36000 HP on a bucky cover.
  • akboyce
    akboyce Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    akboyce said:

Advice?

So I pulled some of my hoard I was hoping to save until Doc rotated and after far too many pulls (and 2 Doc Ocs BLEH) I got 5th Blue. Sure enough as soon as I used it a black cover appeared in my shop. So Iron Fist (and Invis Woman because I also managed to pull 3 of her double bleh) now champed.
  • BigBZ32
    BigBZ32 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Just noticed a green Sandman in my H4H today. My sandman is 2/5/5 and I pulled his 5th purple yesterday while having another yellow on the vine. Didn't have it when I was 2/4/5 with that yellow on the vine, though.
  • dramatist
    dramatist Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2017
    So I made a mistake and opened a classic for the first time in about 2 weeks from boredom. I got a black Vulture for my 5,1,5 Vulture so I decided to do an experiment.

I went to Vulture and spent 120 cp for a green cover. Immediately I got an offer from the Heroes for Hire store for a green that I then bought. So Vulture will be my next champ.

• Style55
    Style55 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Does anyone know what triggers this yet? 

I have Yondu sitting at 5/3/4 12/13 with 2 yellow covers sitting and I don't have a H4H offer to buy it. 
  • cpeyton3535
    cpeyton3535 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Style55 said:

I have Yondu sitting at 5/3/4 12/13 with 2 yellow covers sitting and I don't have a H4H offer to buy it. 
    I have no idea if this is a factor, but how much HP do you have?  I was in the exact same situation as you recently.  12 cover Vulture with one on the vine, no offer in HFH.  Then I spent some HP until I was well below 3600 and the offer appeared.  Could be pure coincidence, but thought I'd mention it.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Both times I've had the offer and bought it, I've done so with HP I had on hand. I didn't have much over 3600 in either case, but I haven't bought HP for one of these.

They do seem to appear in the last couple of days of the crash cycle, though, so maybe it'll appear for you in a few days.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    I've have 2 dupe Quakes at 5/2/5, expiring in 3 days and 11 days. No store offer. Got enough HP to buy it tho
  • Style55
    Style55 said:

I have no idea if this is a factor, but how much HP do you have?  I was in the exact same situation as you recently.  12 cover Vulture with one on the vine, no offer in HFH.  Then I spent some HP until I was well below 3600 and the offer appeared.  Could be pure coincidence, but thought I'd mention it.
    9000 HP, 931k ISO. 
  • Style55
    granne said:
    Both times I've had the offer and bought it, I've done so with HP I had on hand. I didn't have much over 3600 in either case, but I haven't bought HP for one of these.

They do seem to appear in the last couple of days of the crash cycle, though, so maybe it'll appear for you in a few days.
    I'll be anxiously keeping an eye out. Thanks! Looking forward to having Yondu, hopefully, championed!
  • cpeyton3535
    cpeyton3535 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Style55 said:
    Style55 said:

9000 HP, 931k ISO. 
    Hmmm... I wonder if ISO is also a factor?  Meaning they'll dangle that carrot for sure if you need HP and/or ISO to take advantage.  If you have the ISO to champ and the HP available you likely aren't going to feel compelled to spend cash on either of those resources so no offer.  Maybe?  I was under 378k ISO and under 3600 HP the only time I got the offer on day one of the crash cycle.  

Again, could be pure coincidence and there could be other factors (like spending habits!) at play.  I do think there's some sort of connection to your in-game resource levels though.