Was the Hero For Hire Store brought back?

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    talleman said:
    Got a Coulson cover from Galactus event putting him at 2-5-5 and got a purple on the vine. Still aint got an offer. So i think theese offers are random.
    There's far too much evidence that it was not random. I think they either enabled it just for a few days as a test or it was never meant to be deployed and something they were testing that was accidentally released. Either way it seems it's back off. Hopefully it comes back as a permanent feature later. 
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Only had C4ge available to me this morning yeah. Dunno if the new cycle meant a new round of A/B, if it's random, or what.

Not that I'd have bought it, I got what I've been chasing, but it would have been interesting to see.
  • captainheath
    captainheath Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    I'm ticked.  My Coulson was 1-5-5.  I worked my butt off to get the yellow so that I could get him to 2-5-5.  I also spent $20 so I had the coins to make the purchase.  But by the time I got the yellow the deal was off.

I had sworn off spending real money on this game for a while, looks like I need to hold my cash back again.  

It is stupid that someone would actually spend $20 in real money just to be able to buy 1/13th of a character.  I'm stupid.  

Bring back the deal.
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 445 Mover and Shaker
    I got the offer! Never seen it before but today it happend. Had my Coulson at 2-5-5 with 2 purple covers on the vine, swiped past the HfH store to use some earned tookens when i saw it in the swipe by. Wait, what!? There it was, the yellow Coulson cover. I couldnt resist, i bought it! Got my Coulson champed and i have no regrets bying it. I think theese offers are great! :)
  • captainheath
    captainheath Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    I'm ticked.  My Coulson was 1-5-5.  I worked my butt off to get the yellow so that I could get him to 2-5-5.  I also spent $20 so I had the coins to make the purchase.  But by the time I got the yellow the deal was off.

I had sworn off spending real money on this game for a while, looks like I need to hold my cash back again.  

It is stupid that someone would actually spend $20 in real money just to be able to buy 1/13th of a character.  I'm stupid.  

Bring back the deal.
    And the deal showed up again today.  Purchased.
  • MpqTron
    MpqTron Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Wish mine would show up on my 525 vulture. Would much rather spend hp than cp finishing him 
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 445 Mover and Shaker
    MpqTron said:
    Wish mine would show up on my 525 vulture. Would much rather spend hp than cp finishing him 
    I think you need a cover on the vine for it to show up. If you already got a cover on the vine maybe it will show at the next switch. Cage ---> Mr. F
  • MpqTron
    MpqTron Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Got 2 on the vine so heres hoping 
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker

When Blade was still the offer, I opened 40+ legends tokens, and along the way, I got a cover for Riri I could not use. Luckily, as I finished opening tokens, I got the covers for her that I needed, so I was able to champion her.

When I was done with all that, I realized Riri was then being offered to me in the HfH store, and I could see Cage.

Since then, I have not seen any other offers, though, even though I have a 1/5/5 Cloak & Dagger with a purple in my queue that I can't use AND a 5/1/5 Blade with a red I can't use.

So was this just a one-time offer thing? Or is there something I'm missing?

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    NotBAMF said:

When Blade was still the offer, I opened 40+ legends tokens, and along the way, I got a cover for Riri I could not use. Luckily, as I finished opening tokens, I got the covers for her that I needed, so I was able to champion her.

When I was done with all that, I realized Riri was then being offered to me in the HfH store, and I could see Cage.

Since then, I have not seen any other offers, though, even though I have a 1/5/5 Cloak & Dagger with a purple in my queue that I can't use AND a 5/1/5 Blade with a red I can't use.

It's not 100 percent clear what conditions trigger an offer, and even then, it's not clear if the offer is universal or random A/B testing. 

BUT, it seems the two most common triggers are having some variation of a 0/5/5 build and getting an offer for the color that's missing entirely, OR having some variation of 5/5/2 or 5/4/3 (essentially 12 covers with 5 in one of the colors) with a cover for the color that's maxed dying on the vine. 

So it would seem your 1/5/5 and 5/1/5 builds aren't sufficient to trigger the offer. There's a chance you could get the offer though if you pulled a cover for either character in the color that's at 1, however it isn't necessarily guaranteed, either. 
  • fun_and_gun
    fun_and_gun Posts: 120 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2017
    fwiw, I did not have a Howard cover on the vine (probably sold my last one a week before) when the deal was offered to me, but he was sitting at 0/5/5

edit: and of course I can't favorite him because he's a limited character
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo said:
    NotBAMF said:

It's not 100 percent clear what conditions trigger an offer, and even then, it's not clear if the offer is universal or random A/B testing. 

BUT, it seems the two most common triggers are having some variation of a 0/5/5 build and getting an offer for the color that's missing entirely, OR having some variation of 5/5/2 or 5/4/3 (essentially 12 covers with 5 in one of the colors) with a cover for the color that's maxed dying on the vine. 

So it would seem your 1/5/5 and 5/1/5 builds aren't sufficient to trigger the offer. There's a chance you could get the offer though if you pulled a cover for either character in the color that's at 1, however it isn't necessarily guaranteed, either. 

I think you're over thinking it.  I think it's coming up for any unusable cover and offering any usable cover.  I had 2 C&Ds sitting for a 13 covered C&D (didn't champ due to lack of ISO) and I got an offer.  C&D was 4/5/4, I got offered one of the 4 colors.  I think it's just:
    - Are there covers on vine for a 4* with 5 in that color? 
    - If yes offer a cover of any color not at 5.

Now when the CotT changed to Luke Cage mine went away, but I still have extra covers for oher 13s.  I'm wondering if this is A/B testing and the switched the testing group when they switched the character, alternatively it might only trigger if the cover came after Cage came in, mine were already pending.  The more I think about the latter is more likely.
  • Style55
    Style55 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    5/3/4 Wasp with a day 1390 Wasp yellow sitting in queue. I finally got the offer to purchase a Wasp black cover today. Pretty glad to be able to use this "new" Hero4Hire v3.0 (or whatever variation it's officially been dubbed) to avoid losing a dupe cover. 

Was there an official announcement about this that I somehow missed or was this not mentioned aside from players noticing it and making a thread?
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Interestingly, I took the offer for my JDSW, and do not have a current one despite having restarted and having Danny Rand/Coulson covers on the vine. Coulson is fully covered and I'm currently champing him. Danny is 7/3/3.

I also have a 4*Lord waiting - fully covered, sitting at 250 waiting for Coulson to be champed before he gets his turn.

Wasp and 4* R&G are also fully covered, but need a bunch of iso to get them champed (Wasp @229, R&G @ 94), so I'm wondering if ISO deficit also plays in to whether you get an offer or not?
  • DarthDeVo
    broll said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    NotBAMF said:

I think you're over thinking it.  I think it's coming up for any unusable cover and offering any usable cover.  I had 2 C&Ds sitting for a 13 covered C&D (didn't champ due to lack of ISO) and I got an offer.  C&D was 4/5/4, I got offered one of the 4 colors.  I think it's just:
    - Are there covers on vine for a 4* with 5 in that color? 
    - If yes offer a cover of any color not at 5.
    That's probably true, I was just trying to illustrate that the bare minimum triggers seemed to be 5/5/0 builds or 12 covers with one dying on the vine to explain why those characters with 11 covers weren't triggering the deal. 
  • DarthDeVo
    Style55 said:
    Was there an official announcement about this that I somehow missed or was this not mentioned aside from players noticing it and making a thread?
    Nope, no announcement of any sort, just some players noticing they had a different offer than usual in the store and sharing with others on the forum. Nobody knows for sure exactly what the conditions are to trigger the offer, or if such conditions are universal or random A/B testing. 

Brigby also commented earlier in this thread with essentially, "No comment." This is my personal opinion, but the lack of announcement of any kind, no details about how or why these offers are being made, the seemingly random and not universal nature of the offers and an official "No comment" comment leads me to believe it's A/B testing of some kind.
  • Style55
    Style55 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    DarthDeVo said:
    Style55 said:
    Nope, no announcement of any sort, just some players noticing they had a different offer than usual in the store and sharing with others on the forum. Nobody knows for sure exactly what the conditions are to trigger the offer, or if such conditions are universal or random A/B testing. 

Brigby also commented earlier in this thread with essentially, "No comment." This is my personal opinion, but the lack of announcement of any kind, no details about how or why these offers are being made, the seemingly random and not universal nature of the offers and an official "No comment" comment leads me to believe it's A/B testing of some kind.
    Not that I'm complaining, matter of fact I'm grateful that I could finish Wasp, but IMO they've done more than enough "testing" on H4H.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo said:

Strictly speaking his comment was closer to "I don't have an official comment to give you". Which could indicate non-uniform testing of some kind, or could indicate a system that was accidentally released (ala changed token odds) that they're not ready to tell us anything about, but couldn't or were unwilling to revoke after we discovered it, at least for the duration of that particular store.

Is it still ongoing for Blade's crash? 
  • DarthDeVo
    Style55 said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    Style55 said:

Not that I'm complaining, matter of fact I'm grateful that I could finish Wasp, but IMO they've done more than enough "testing" on H4H.
     I'm not necessarily complaining about it either, just stating my opinion of the perceived facts; perceived facts, because we have no way of knowing for sure what the real facts are at this point. 

And congrats on finishing Wasp, she's pretty great! 
  • DarthDeVo
    edited August 2017
    DarthDeVo said:

Strictly speaking his comment was closer to "I don't have an official comment to give you". Which could indicate non-uniform testing of some kind, or could indicate a system that was accidentally released (ala changed token odds) that they're not ready to tell us anything about, but couldn't or were unwilling to revoke after we discovered it, at least for the duration of that particular store.

Is it still ongoing for Blade's crash? 
    Either way, the lack of official communication makes it hard to know if this is a test, an accident or potentially permanent. 

Do you mean C4ge's Crash? Yes, it sounds like people are getting fresh offers. 

Again, this is pure speculation on my part, but I find the timing interesting. When the offers started popping up during Bl4de's Crash, it was when there was 2-3 days left of his cycle. Several people reported that when it flipped to C4ge, their offer went away. Now, with somewhere between 2-3 days left in C4ge's Crash, people seem to be getting offers again. 

The first day of C4ge's Crash, I hypothetically should have been eligible for this offer. Galactus had gotten my Coulson to 4/5/3, and I had a purple cover dying on the vine. However, I got no offer. Well, our alliance cleared Round 7 and I applied the yellow cover and champed him, then applied the dying purple cover. 

Now I'm curious what would have happened if I had waited to apply those covers. Obviously, I wouldn't have bought the offer, as it would have been unneeded. I'm just curious if it would have been offered. 

It seems like there may be another caveat to these offers, and that is they only last for a few days rather than remain constant. Or that could be a temporary condition of the test. Or maybe all of this is one big mistake. Who knows? Until we get official word one way or another, we're left to speculate on our own.