Was the Hero For Hire Store brought back?

BlackWidower
BlackWidower Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
edited August 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
I have another two options on my HFH store.  
War Machine blue and C4ge red.  
Which is very random as they are not the 4* in the Behemoth for 3 and 11 days respectively.
Neither of these clashes are coming up soon, either.

Warmachine says it ends in about three days (same as blade)
And Cage says he starts in about three days.

Is this a change or an error?

Comments

• DTrain514
    DTrain514 Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    I also had the change, except for me it is the clagger cover I need to finish and save two dying on the vine. Seriously considering it, though I wonder if that was just a true random pick or a nudge for me.
  • Mattjimf
    Mattjimf Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    I've got the Black Gamora cover I need to max cover and Cage Red.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Hmm, and I have the R&G yellow that would allow me to champ them and save the green in my queue. I was going to save up the CP to buy it if I had to - it's nice to have another option. I'm not sure I can stretch to HfH though, if I want to be able to shield at all.

Decisions, decisions.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    More A/B testing, then.
    I'm stuck with the Blade offer, don't see anything besides that.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    So there metrics have finally told them what was immediately obvious to all of us, the change was bad, now they are trying to fix it.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Oooo...yeehaw! I've got Blade and Thor with a preview for Luke Cage! So 3 for me, two for some people, and 1 for some people.

#EpicFail
  • nyck1118
    nyck1118 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    so I think this is some testing.

did all the people who have the previews buy the Blade?  An alliance mate bought it and they have cage and Teen Jean which is the exact cover they need to finish and cover.

Even without Buying it seems to be the pattern from everyone above

Blade(current)   / RANDOM(EXACT COVER TO FINISH AND CHAMP)   / CAGE RED (Next crash)
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Are the prices / offerings (other which character) any different?
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2017
    nyck1118 said:
    so I think this is some testing.

did all the people who have the previews buy the Blade?  An alliance mate bought it and they have cage and Teen Jean which is the exact cover they need to finish and cover.

Even without Buying it seems to be the pattern from everyone above

Blade(current)   / RANDOM(EXACT COVER TO FINISH AND CHAMP)   / CAGE RED (Next crash)
    I did not buy Blade. The Thor cover is a blue which would be the cover I need to champ. And Cage.

Edit: Had they given me the Teen Jean cover I needed to champ, I would have bought. I'm not buying the Thor.
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Anyone notice a correlation between the extra HfH and who they have favorited for Bonus Heroes?
    I have G4mora and Carnage set as favorites. Carnage already has 13 covers, and G4mora is 5/4/3. The extra HfH would be a 4th Blue for me.
    I've never bought a HfH, and probably won't any time soon due to the high cost.
  • AlluAllu
    AlluAllu Posts: 86 Match Maker
    I actually like how they are seemingly targeting our weakest spots, hah. Might have to actually buy these when I no longer need HP for roster spots.
  • SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    I'm seeing Blade (he's champed), then Spider-Woman (12 covers) and Luke Cage (9 covers). Both have the exact cover color that I would need to buy to champ them...

This only fuels my belief that they're deliberately giving us more covers for one particular color so we frustrated for loosing covers. Still not spending the hp though, not till I have all characters rostered.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    This is interesting, it is the Gamora cover I need, and I do have the 2 from pve progression dying on the vine. She's 5/2/5 so she's not favorited. Wonder what will happen when it expires, will it look for more 12 cover characters to help me out, or will it target ones in queue? Still too expensive in general, and now I can't afford it since I just opened a spot for 3* Elektra
  • BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2017
    Anyone notice a correlation between the extra HfH and who they have favorited for Bonus Heroes?
    I have G4mora and Carnage set as favorites. Carnage already has 13 covers, and G4mora is 5/4/3. The extra HfH would be a 4th Blue for me.
    I've never bought a HfH, and probably won't any time soon due to the high cost.
    God no.  I mean, I CAN use a War Machine blue because I am at 5/0/5, but who cares about war machine... not me.  Certainly not bonus hero listed.
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    One of the three I have is the green Thing cover I need to finish him off as well, so given the other comments here I think it's definitely targeting covers that people need. Which seems like something blindingly obvious that should've been done ages ago. Gives players an option to complete characters and earns D3 money if they buy HP to do it.

The upcoming HfH option seems to be a Cage for everyone, based on mine and other comments here. So only one appears to be targeted. Which is a shame, because I have other characters stuck on 12 covers who I'd be more likely to buy than Thing.
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    I have the Blade, then a Jessica Drew Black which is the color I'm missing for her altogether. Then a Cage red which is NOT the color I need to champ him. Blade and JD both say ending soon, Cage is Preview available when they end.
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    I've got Blade and Cage, like everyone. 

My third is Miles Morales red. I currently have Miles at 5/5/0, no red at all for him. 
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2017
    It looks like the template is:

• Current crash character's third cover (Blade black for now)
    • Random cover for unchamped character in a power you have less than 3 covers for
    • Upcoming crash character's third cover (Luke red for now)

A few people on Discord have 12 covers in a character but are being offered a cover in a power with less than 3 covers on a lower covered character. 
  • badsaj
    badsaj Posts: 73 Match Maker
    edited August 2017

Mine only shows the Blade black, and I do have one 4* at 12 covers (Elektra), and a couple at 11. Could past purchase history factor in to who sees the expanded and store and who doesn't? I did make a purchase from the HfH store during the original A-B testing (I had the cheaper one) but nothing since. I pay for the VIP each month, but haven't spent any other money for more than a year.

edit- or maybe mine just hasn't had the push update that others have.

• animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    It looks like the template is:

• Current crash character's third cover (Blade black for now)
    • Random cover for unchamped character that you have less than 3 covers for
    • Upcoming crash character's third cover (Luke red for now)

A few people on Discord have 12 covers in a character but are being offered a cover in a power with less than 3 covers.
    My JDSW is sitting at 0/5/5, so I don't think it's quite "less than 3 covers" as much as potentially "Missing a color" as the first selection priority