Was the Hero For Hire Store brought back?

Comments

• Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards

A few people on Discord have 12 covers in a character but are being offered a cover in a power with less than 3 covers.
    Like, why even test this? Is there any question at all that everyone would like this feature?
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    It looks like the template is:

• Current crash character's third cover (Blade black for now)
    • Random cover for unchamped character that you have less than 3 covers for
    • Upcoming crash character's third cover (Luke red for now)

A few people on Discord have 12 covers in a character but are being offered a cover in a power with less than 3 covers.
    My JDSW is sitting at 0/5/5, so I don't think it's quite "less than 3 covers" as much as potentially "Missing a color" as the first selection priority
    It may prioritize those types of characters for sure. Someone on Discord has a 12 cover character and a 5/0/5 Carnage, they were offered a Carnage black (the missing color). 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards

• Random cover for unchamped character in a power you have less than 3 covers for

A few people on Discord have 12 covers in a character but are being offered a cover in a power with less than 3 covers on a lower covered character. 
    This doesn't fix the price issue, but it's better than what we have now.  While it's kinda price gougy I support them actually offering covers we need vs covers we don't.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got a WS and c4ge in mine. That WS is awfully tempting since it would he my 13th, but my lazy cap is at 262 and that last WS from him will also give me the 13th.

Think I'll just wait til it instead.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Interesting. Mine is a black Wasp (my wasp is 5/5/2). I won't have the right amount of HP in the next 3 days, sadly, but it's interesting.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2017

• Random cover for unchamped character that you have less than 3 covers for

My JDSW is sitting at 0/5/5, so I don't think it's quite "less than 3 covers" as much as potentially "Missing a color" as the first selection priority
    It may prioritize those types of characters for sure. Someone on Discord has a 12 cover character and a 5/0/5 Carnage, they were offered a Carnage black (the missing color). 
    For further insight: 

I have a few 4* characters that are missing a color.
    The cover I got was a Thor blue for my 3/5/4 Thor.
    I also have another 12 cover 4*, Teen Jean, at 5/2/5.
    I have a Thor yellow on my vine and do not have a Teen Jean there.

Edit: My BH is 271 Iceman.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
     This is interesting. I haven't checked my store yet, but the covers being offered seem to be either the final cover needed to champ a character or a cover missing entirely. 

I don't have any characters at 12 covers currently, although several are at 11. The only covers I'm missing are Drax red and Yondu yellow. EDIT: Not sure how I could forget this, but my only 12-cover character is G4ocket. 

If it's Drax, that will be awfully tempting, but I probably won't have enough HP. Unless I buy some HP or cash in a bunch of Taco tokens...

EDIT: Well, looks like I'm not one of the lucky ones. Bl4de black is the sole option for me. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    A guy in my alliance got the 13th cover (green) for a 4/4/4 R&G. 
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    More A/B testing, then.
    I'm stuck with the Blade offer, don't see anything besides that.

Yeah, same here.  Considering I've used HfH three times to champ 12-cover, non-latest-12 characters, they probably assumed they didn't need to guess what I would do...
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    More A/B testing, then.
    How many non-champed 4*s do you have, Bow, and at what cover levels?
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2017
    Well there's your colorless cover solution. The final solution, harhar.

Dunno what's in that tab, as I don't pay attention to it. Not having any 4s at 12 covers, it might be interesting to see how I am being "targeted", if at all.

My 5/5/0 PX winfinite dupe is getting me a yellow PX offer.  You might get the same, if you still have one of those kicking around.

I wont be buying it, for obvious reasons, but I feel like patting the server on the head and saying "good job" so it doesn't get discouraged.  In 99% of other situations, it would be a good offer.
  • fun_and_gun
    fun_and_gun Posts: 120 Tile Toppler
    mine has:

bl4de black (champed)
    Howard green (mine has been 0/5/5 for the longest time)
    c4ge red (champed)

tempted on the Howard green
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2017
    Nothing here. Restarted both devices, uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Still nothing. I have Drax at 4/4/4, Miles at 3/5/4, Winter Soldier at 5/2/5, Eddie Venom at 4/3/5, and Kate at 3/4/5. Given that Drax is the 900 reward in the Elektra PvP, I would have at least considered buying either of the two Kate covers. 
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    Beer40 said:

For further insight: 

I have a few 4* characters that are missing a color.
    The cover I got was a Thor blue for my 3/5/4 Thor.
    I also have another 12 cover 4*, Teen Jean, at 5/2/5.
    I have a Thor yellow on my vine and do not have a Teen Jean there.

Edit: My BH is 271 Iceman.

I also have a Thing on the vine that will go to waste if I don't buy the green one being offered to me in HfH (or get very lucky with a token pull in the next ten days). I wonder if it's taking potentially wasted covers in your rewards queue into account as well. That'd be unexpectedly clever.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    More A/B testing, then.

I can't speak for Bow, but ~75% of my 4*'s are unchamped and I have 12 4*'s with 10+ covers (5 of those at 12).  I have zero unchamped 4*'s at 13 covers, FWIW.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Similar story here. Bl4de black, G4mora blue (would let me champ her, she's a fave, and I have a red on the vine), and then C4ge red.

Honestly, the way my resources are right now, I'm more likely to just drop the CP on G4mora instead of taking this. If the colours were the other way around on Bl4de and C4ge, tho, it might be a serious temptation.
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 445 Mover and Shaker
    I only got the Bl4de cover..really hope they will give theese offers to everyone later on. Got some 11-12 cover 4*s that i want to champ asap.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017

Bowgentle said:
    More A/B testing, then.
    Vulture, at 4/4/4 level 250.
    Mockingbird and Yondu are not in tokens yet.
  • BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    talleman said:
    I only got the Bl4de cover..really hope they will give theese offers to everyone later on. Got some 11-12 cover 4*s that i want to champ asap.
    That sucks when people don't get things others do.
    I checked and it has nothing to do with operating system.

Guys that don't have it, try a system reboot, where you shut your system down completely and reboot it and check again.  Sometimes this works for other things, but A/B testing is more likely.
  • AlluAllu
    AlluAllu Posts: 86 Match Maker
    I think this will motivate more people to always have a few thousand HP available. Less shields.