Was the Hero For Hire Store brought back?

Comments

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    D4Ni13 said:
    After reading here and what I saw on my account, things are pretty clear to me: You see the current Clash of Titans hero (Blade). If you have a hero that requires one last cover AND you have expiring covers for him also, you get to buy that last cover you need (Gamora red for me - have 3 covers waiting), and the last one is the next Clash of Titans target (Cage).

Those that do not see the options probably have no waiting covers for a 4* they need one last cover to champ. So they probably don't see the next Clash of Titans preview either. 

PS. I bought the red Gamora and now need 12k more iso to champ her. 

Plenty of other people said they were being offered a cover for a power they currently have zero covers for. 
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    DarthDeVo said:
    D4Ni13 said:
    After reading here and what I saw on my account, things are pretty clear to me: You see the current Clash of Titans hero (Blade). If you have a hero that requires one last cover AND you have expiring covers for him also, you get to buy that last cover you need (Gamora red for me - have 3 covers waiting), and the last one is the next Clash of Titans target (Cage).

Those that do not see the options probably have no waiting covers for a 4* they need one last cover to champ. So they probably don't see the next Clash of Titans preview either. 

Plenty of other people said they were being offered a cover for a power they currently have zero covers for. 
    Than it also gives you an offer for your 5-5-0 (in any order of course).

What I mean is that it is a targeted sale, and it works...
  • Felessa
    Felessa Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    I rebooted the game and double checked - only Black Blade. I think I bought three of the 2500 HP sales, and one of the 3600 (post-change) deals. 
    My previous HfH purchases were exactly the same of yours (even the values), and I'm only seeing Blade too.
  • DarthDeVo
    D4Ni13 said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    D4Ni13 said:

Yes, it does seem to be targeted, but those getting the offer seem to be purely random. I have a 3/5/4 G4ocket, a 3/3/0 Drax and 0/2/2 Yondu, but still no offer. 
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    D4Ni13 said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    D4Ni13 said:

No, it is testing again so only random people get the option.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    D4Ni13 said:
    After reading here and what I saw on my account, things are pretty clear to me: You see the current Clash of Titans hero (Blade). If you have a hero that requires one last cover OR a hero that you have no 5-5-0 arrangement (in any order) - edit - AND you have expiring covers for him also, you get to buy that last cover you need (Gamora red for me - have 3 covers waiting), and the last one is the next Clash of Titans target (Cage).

TLDR:
    1. If you have heroes with one last cover to champ OR heroes with 5-5-0 arrangement

AND

2. You have expiring covers for that hero

You get the offer.
    Oooooh... I do have a Wasp cover soon to expire. I think you're on to something. Shame they didn't wait until I actually had 3600 HP, cause I'm not spending money on it.
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    I didn't have these options UNTIL! A heroic token gave me yellow for my 534 nick fury. Closed the game and when I restarted it, the store had miraculously updated to include a purple cover for nick! Om, my lucky stars! Still not buying though. 

Such targeting system makes me think in all sorts of conspiracy ways.

If people start buying these hfh target offers, what's to stop the devs from "fixing" what covers we are getting? And other silly things like that
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 445 Mover and Shaker
    Ive got a 5-1-5 Medusa with a yellow cover on the vine but i dont have an offer. Maybe if i manage to get one more red cover putting her at 5-2-5 i will get one? I sure hope so.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Skrofa said:
    I didn't have these options UNTIL! A heroic token gave me yellow for my 534 nick fury. Closed the game and when I restarted it, the store had miraculously updated to include a purple cover for nick! Om, my lucky stars! Still not buying though. 

If people start buying these hfh target offers, what's to stop the devs from "fixing" what covers we are getting? And other silly things like that
    That's super interesting.  I'm really tempted to open some hoarded CP tokens until I get an unusable and see if I get the same result.  If I do I'll come back and report.

I guess I should have done the one more fight for the unusable Drax cover from Electra PvP instead of letting it float back down.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Skrofa said:

They can't skew the system like that, or it becomes open to abuse.

Amazing how offering an additional cover that people actually need to people that could use one can still get spun into a huge conspiracy.
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Update.
    I had a small stash of cp and LT. Favourited Nick. Opened and got blue. Champed him. Closed game and restarted. He is still there so far.

• broll
    broll said:
    Skrofa said:

That's super interesting.  I'm really tempted to open some hoarded CP tokens until I get an unusable and see if I get the same result.  If I do I'll come back and report.

I guess I should have done the one more fight for the unusable Drax cover from Electra PvP instead of letting it float back down.
    WOW... so I decided to test this out, RNG messed up my test, but the results were fantastic so I can't complain too much.

I pulled 47 covers and got 0 unusable.
    5*s (17/47 36%)
    OML - 1
    Thanos - 3
    BP - 2
    BSPM - 2
    Hawkeye - 3
    BW - 2
    BB - 2
    DS - 1
    GG - 1

4*s (30/47 64%)
    Hobofist - 1
    Gamora - 3 (hit 13 covers)
    C&D - 3
    Mordo - 1
    Mockingbird - 2
    R&G - 5 (hit 4/4/4)
    Vulture - 5 (hit 4/4/4)
    Yondu - 3
    Coleson - 1
    Riri - 3
    Sandman - 2
    captain Marvel - 1

Only negatives are 0 BHs and I hit my first 5 covered black (BP 5/4/1).

I should go play the lottery I guess...
  • D4Ni13
    DarthDeVo said:
    D4Ni13 said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    D4Ni13 said:

Yes, it does seem to be targeted, but those getting the offer seem to be purely random. I have a 3/5/4 G4ocket, a 3/3/0 Drax and 0/2/2 Yondu, but still no offer. 
    Yes, but do you have covers of them expiring ? That is the point. I had 3 Gamora covers expiring.
  • broll
    edited August 2017
    Got confirmation from 2 alliance members that after getting unusable covers a store option popped up for a usable one.  Mordo and X23.  

I hope this is a permanent change, but it seems unlikely that they'd make such an amazingly positive changed and not announce it.  It's probably some type of targetted offering test.  Either way more like this!
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    @Pants1000
    Apologies, but the only information I'm aware of is that this is a new type of special offer available for players through the Heroes for Hire store.
  • DarthDeVo
    D4Ni13 said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    D4Ni13 said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    D4Ni13 said:

Yes, but do you have covers of them expiring ? That is the point. I had 3 Gamora covers expiring.
    I thought I had seen others saying they were getting the offer while having no expiring covers, but I suppose it could be that they neglected to mention that condition. 

The post by @Skrofa seems to indicate that an expiring unusable cover is indeed the condition that triggers the offer. If that's true, then it also sounds like it needs to be a situation where you have to have 12 covers for the character. I have a 3/3/5 Mr. F, with a black cover expiring in my queue, but no offer. Sounds like if I pulled another blue or yellow, I would probably get an offer for the last missing cover I would need in order to champ him and save the dying cover. I'm kind of tempted to try, but I don't need Mr. F champed that badly.

I suppose the other condition could be that it has to be some iteration of 5/5/0 in order to get the offer for the missing cover, because 3/3/0 or 0/2/2 doesn't seem to be doing the trick. 
  • broll
    edited August 2017
    I decided to keep going opening my hoard:

720 CP  37 with 1 BH
    5*s (8/36 22%)
    Banner - 1
    Hawkeye - 2
    Thanos - 2
    BP - 1
    Rogers - 1
    OML - 1
    BW - 1

4*s (28/36 78% +1 BH)
    Yondu - 5
    C&D - 3 (2 usuable until champed)
    Mr. F (BH) - 1
    Gamora - 2 (both unusable utnil champed)
    Mockingbird - 4
    Captain Marvel - 5
    Vulture - 2 (1 unusable until champed)
    R&G - 1
    Mordo - 2
    Sandman - 1
    Riri - 1

After doing this I now have a special offer of C&D Purple & Luke Cage (already champed).  All 3 of my characters with unusable covers are at 13 right now non-champed.  So it seems any unusable cover will trigger even if the character is at 13.  If you have multiple it will pick one at random.
  • D4Ni13
    Brigby said:
    @Pants1000
    Apologies, but the only information I'm aware of is that this is a new type of special offer available for players through the Heroes for Hire store.
    Well, I think it's a good offer :)
  • DarthDeVo
    broll said:

After doing this I now have a special offer of C&D Purple & Luke Cage (already champed).  All 3 of my characters with unusable covers are at 13 right now non-champed.  So it seems any unusable cover will trigger even if the character is at 13.  If you have multiple it will pick one at random.
    I think C4ge is showing up simply because he's next up in Clash. I'm assuming red, correct? That's interesting about getting the offer even if you have the character at 13 covers and are able to champ. 

I just kind of figured it would be like how CS treats a cover swap request for a 5* Latest. I believe their MO has been to do the swap UNLESS you have 13 covers and are able to champ. I believe in those instances, their reply was to champ the character, then apply the previously unusable cover as a champ reward. 

So I find it really interesting that this still gives an option to buy, even if the character is at 13 covers and can be champed. 
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    D4Ni13 said:
    Brigby said:
    @Pants1000
    Well, I think it's a good offer :)
    Yep, I think it's a great idea.  It would just be nice to have it explained.  Honestly I probably wouldn't have even noticed it for weeks or months if it weren't for this board.  I usually skip right over the HFH screen.