Was the Hero For Hire Store brought back?

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    mine has:

bl4de black (champed)
    Howard green (mine has been 0/5/5 for the longest time)
    c4ge red (champed)

tempted on the Howard green
    Wow, limited being offered too..

• smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    A guy in my alliance got the 13th cover (green) for a 4/4/4 R&G. 

Seems like a waste of HP when you have a perfect build. He could just needed to pull any rocket to finish him off.

I get those 5/2/5 being used for this, but despite that probably better to play the odds to get that final covers with BHs.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    It looks like the template is:

• Current crash character's third cover (Blade black for now)
    • Random cover for unchamped character that you have less than 3 covers for
    • Upcoming crash character's third cover (Luke red for now)

A few people on Discord have 12 covers in a character but are being offered a cover in a power with less than 3 covers.
    My JDSW is sitting at 0/5/5, so I don't think it's quite "less than 3 covers" as much as potentially "Missing a color" as the first selection priority
    That would make sense for me. My cover was C&D yellow, which I had none of. 
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    No extra covers available for me.  Just the Blade cover.  
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    broll said:
    mine has:

bl4de black (champed)
    Howard green (mine has been 0/5/5 for the longest time)
    c4ge red (champed)

tempted on the Howard green
    Wow, limited being offered too..

You beat me to it...

I believe their A/B testing is awful. Everything I've seen from the HfH dual price points/different graphical displays to the "random" sales that infuriated a great deal of us to where we are now. Seriously, hire an intern with some common sense or something and give them a try...
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    revskip said:
    No extra covers available for me.  Just the Blade cover.  

Me, too. All I see is Blade, and it's annoying because my Blade is 5/1/5, and color offer is Black. Argh.

• cpeyton3535
    cpeyton3535 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Nothing but Bl4de for me.  Have a 2/4/5 Vulture, but maybe he isn't available yet.  It would be nice to know what conditions trigger the 'offer'.  Outside of being an involuntary Guinea Pig that is.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Just blade for me too. The only 4 I don't have fully covered is Spider-Gwen at 4/5/1, and the newer folks from Sandman on. Never bought HFH, as I was one of the people who got screwed in the initial A/B testing as only getting the 3600 offer. 
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Mine was a Rocket n Groot that was sitting at 12 covers.  I had previously, but not currently, hearted them as my 4* bonus hero.  I have also bought twice from Heroes for Hire in the past. 
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker

I have never bought from HfH.

I have 5/2/5 Agent Venom, 5/1/15 Blade, and several other 11-12 cover 4*'s.

I don't have them set as Bonus, though.

• lakanta
    lakanta Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    For me it's the last of 4 star wolverine and Luke Cage.

It's the only cover I need for my 2/5/5 wolverine but I'm really not sure he's worth paying for - most people seem to say he's one of the worst 4 stars...?
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    I'd never bought from HfH before, but with two green R&Gs in my queue and destined to join the two I'd already had to sell, it was too tempting to pass up. I'll have to be a bit more careful than usual on shields this week, but I have 5 maxed 2*s I can sell if the HP pinch gets too severe.

There aren't many covers I'd splash out for, but if the next offer happened to be a green Iceman, my 0/5/4 Bobby would be happy.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    I force quit the app and cleared the cache, but didn't go so far as uninstalling and reinstalling and probably won't. I don't really need the temptation, and I'd be very tempted if it was Drax red or G4ocket blue/green.

When the store first debuted, I had the 2500 offer, and bought several covers. I think I also bought at least one after the switch to 3600.

I would have thought my profile would have made me a prime target, but maybe not. Seems as if it is purely random. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Only Blade for me. If I had the offer it would be Fist's blue but I'm not in a huge rush to champ him right now. Definitely don't want to throw 3600hp at one cover when I'd rather save it up and put it towards a cover pack when Anniversary rolls around.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    I've got a green R&G on offer, which my 5/4/3 would dearly love to have in order to save the two blues I've got dying on the vine.

And it just so happens I pulled the 1000 HP token out of my Defenders vault today too.

Man. I still don't like that price (I've never bought an HfH) but I may have to pull the trigger. I'll sleep on it first, but that's probably a sale for me.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    I rebooted the game and double checked - only Black Blade for me (mine is champed, 281). I have two 12 cover four-stars - Cyclops at 5/4/3, and Star-Lord at 5/3/4. I think I bought three of the 2500 HP sales, and one of the 3600 (post-change) deals. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Only Blade for me despite having SW, Drax, Mr. F, Elektra, and Fist at 12 covers.

Interestingly I have no colors missing for any 4* so maybe that's it?

I'm ios and previously purchased at the lower price point for anyone tracking data.

• Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    Mine is a green Vulture for my 5/2/5.  I don't have the HP for it right now, so it would be nice to know if it'll come back soon after this current offer expires.

It does seem strange some people aren't seeing it.  @Brigby could we get an official comment?

• D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2017
    After reading here and what I saw on my account, things are pretty clear to me: You see the current Clash of Titans hero (Blade). If you have a hero that requires one last cover OR a hero that you have no 5-5-0 arrangement (in any order) - edit - AND you have expiring covers for him also, you get to buy that last cover you need (Gamora red for me - have 3 covers waiting), and the last one is the next Clash of Titans target (Cage).

Those that do not see the options probably have no waiting covers for a 4* they need one last cover to champ. So they probably don't see the next Clash of Titans preview either. 

PS. I bought the red Gamora and now need 12k more iso to champ her. 

TLDR:
    1. If you have heroes with one last cover to champ OR heroes with 5-5-0 arrangement

AND

2. You have expiring covers for that hero

You get the offer.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Had blade, gamora, and cage.  

My gamora was 2/5/5 and i was offered a red.  I bought it.  Yes demi, i will consider purchasing a cover for 3.6k hp if it lets me complete a decent character, especially a 5/5/2 character.

Also, yes demi: every 5 days was a stupid decision for h4h, so the fact that i hadn't bought a h4h cover since you made the change is not coincidence.