Was the Hero For Hire Store brought back?

Comments

• badsaj
    badsaj Posts: 73 Match Maker

Looks like cover dying on the vine is definitely the trigger. My Elektra is at 4-5-3 and the store showed only the Blade black. Spent some cp on classics, got a 4* bonus which gave me a 6th Elektra black, and the store immediately updated to give me the option to buy her red cover.

• DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    badsaj said:

Looks like cover dying on the vine is definitely the trigger. My Elektra is at 4-5-3 and the store showed only the Blade black. Spent some cp on classics, got a 4* bonus which gave me a 6th Elektra black, and the store immediately updated to give me the option to buy her red cover.

might be A trigger. isn't THE trigger. I didn't have any covers on the vine, but it still showed me Professor X yellow (which, at 5/5/0, was the only cover he could use).
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    DFiPL said:
    badsaj said:

might be A trigger. isn't THE trigger. I didn't have any covers on the vine, but it still showed me Professor X yellow (which, at 5/5/0, was the only cover he could use).
    And it's not showing me anything even though I have covers on the vine and characters a 5/5/x.  
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Has anyone champed the character they had a special offer for?  What happens when the cover no longer pends?  Does it disappear and/or go onto the next one?

I'm about 20K ISO short of champing my C&D, once I do that I can report what happens, but I wasn't sure if anyone else had done it yet.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2017
    broll said:
    Has anyone champed the character they had a special offer for?  What happens when the cover no longer pends?  Does it disappear and/or go onto the next one?

I'm about 20K ISO short of champing my C&D, once I do that I can report what happens, but I wasn't sure if anyone else had done it yet.
    I did. It doesn't change. You just have a green checked mark on that offer. I presume it will change with the next Clash of Titan's target (tomorrow - Cage)
  • broll
    D4Ni13 said:
    broll said:

I did. It doesn't change. You just have a green checked mark on that offer. I presume it will change with the next Clash of Titan's target (tomorrow - Cage)
    Did you get the check mark because you purchased the offer or champed the character? That sounds like normal behavior if you purchased, I'm asking if you didn't purchase but were able to champ the character anyway, does another offer come up? After pulling a hoard yesterday I have 3 characters with dying covers, only one came up with an offer. All 3 characters are at 13 so I don't need any offers, but I'm curious if when I champ one if it will change the offer.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    broll said:
    D4Ni13 said:
    broll said:

Did you get the check mark because you purchased the offer or champed the character? That sounds like normal behavior if you purchased, I'm asking if you didn't purchase but were able to champ the character anyway, does another offer come up? After pulling a hoard yesterday I have 3 characters with dying covers, only one came up with an offer. All 3 characters are at 13 so I don't need any offers, but I'm curious if when I champ one if it will change the offer.
    Ah, I did purchase. 

But I also think it doesn't change. Only with the next clash. I might be wrong though.
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker

broll said:

The offer stays. I champed nick fury after I got the offer but without buying and it's still there
  • broll
    edited August 2017
    Skrofa said:

broll said:

The offer stays. I champed nick fury after I got the offer but without buying and it's still there
    Did you have anything else pending?
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Nope, the extra nick was the only cover on the vine
  • broll
    Skrofa said:
    Nope, the extra nick was the only cover on the vine
    My hunch is that this might offer another if you don't take the offer and have another pending on the vine.  I'll hopefully be testing that tomorrow.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Yeah I have a red Agent Venom dying on the vine for myself and a black Agent Venom came up for me.  Of course I have both powers at 5 and have no yellow so it was useless anyway.  I should clarify that I also have the Blade and 4Cage options/preview as well.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo said:
    D4Ni13 said:
    After reading here and what I saw on my account, things are pretty clear to me: You see the current Clash of Titans hero (Blade). If you have a hero that requires one last cover AND you have expiring covers for him also, you get to buy that last cover you need (Gamora red for me - have 3 covers waiting), and the last one is the next Clash of Titans target (Cage).

Those that do not see the options probably have no waiting covers for a 4* they need one last cover to champ. So they probably don't see the next Clash of Titans preview either. 

PS. I bought the red Gamora and now need 12k more iso to champ her. 

Plenty of other people said they were being offered a cover for a power they currently have zero covers for. 
    Well perhaps it simply offers you a color different from the one dying on the vine so still some randomness.  See my post above but it did offer me an Agent Venom but another cover in the one I already have 5 of and it didn't offer me a yellow, which I have 0 covers for.
  • mrPuzzleQuester
    mrPuzzleQuester Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    badsaj said:

I can confirm this is a trigger. I was only seeing Blade until I drew two Coulsons yesterday - I applied one purple putting him at 5/2/5 (and one blue in my queue) - then immediately after that I saw 3 in the H4H store - Blade, Purple Coulson, and C4ge. 
  • VoltaicDuke
    VoltaicDuke Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    badsaj said:

I can confirm this is a trigger. I was only seeing Blade until I drew two Coulsons yesterday - I applied one purple putting him at 5/2/5 (and one blue in my queue) - then immediately after that I saw 3 in the H4H store - Blade, Purple Coulson, and C4ge. 
    Same thing happened to me - had Spider Gwen at 12 covers, got a cover for her I could not use through a token, actually ended up selling it but lo and behold it triggered an offer for the Spider Gwen cover I needed.
  • broll
    Special offer was gone this morning with the Cage change.  
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    I'll be curious to see what happens later today. Completing round 5 of Galactus Hungers got my Coulson to 12 covers at 4/5/3. When we clear round 6, which shouldn't be too long from now, I'll get an unusable purple cover. I'm interested in seeing if I'll get an offer for a yellow or blue cover once that happens. 

EDIT: Got my purple Coulson cover dying on the vine, but no offer for either a blue or yellow cover. 
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 445 Mover and Shaker
    Got a Coulson cover from Galactus event putting him at 2-5-5 and got a purple on the vine. Still aint got an offer. So i think theese offers are random.
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Back to normal for me too, and I bought the special offer they gave me.  If It happens again, it could be on the 2nd or 3rd day of this crash rotation like last time.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    D4Ni13 said:
    After reading here and what I saw on my account, things are pretty clear to me: You see the current Clash of Titans hero (Blade). If you have a hero that requires one last cover OR a hero that you have no 5-5-0 arrangement (in any order) - edit - AND you have expiring covers for him also, you get to buy that last cover you need (Gamora red for me - have 3 covers waiting), and the last one is the next Clash of Titans target (Cage).

Those that do not see the options probably have no waiting covers for a 4* they need one last cover to champ. So they probably don't see the next Clash of Titans preview either. 

PS. I bought the red Gamora and now need 12k more iso to champ her. 

TLDR:
    1. If you have heroes with one last cover to champ OR heroes with 5-5-0 arrangement

AND

2. You have expiring covers for that hero

You get the offer.
    I had a purple Coulson (mine had 5 purple and yellow) on the vine when this thread was first posted, but no offer in my HfH store (I was able to champ him anyway from Galactus later, but it would be odd to factor in event awards for an offer like this).  I closed and opened the game multiple times, but nothing changed.  Whether the algorithm is more complicated or if it was A/B testing, it's not as simple as you describe.