Was the Hero For Hire Store brought back?

Comments

• hedbngr
    hedbngr Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    edited August 2017
    I also have three to choose from.  C4ge red ending in 2 days who I already champed. G4mora black and Mr fantastic black available in 2 days. 
    Luckily I needed the Gamora to champ so I picked it up.
    I hope this continues.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    DarthDeVo said:
    broll said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    NotBAMF said:

When Blade was still the offer, I opened 40+ legends tokens, and along the way, I got a cover for Riri I could not use. Luckily, as I finished opening tokens, I got the covers for her that I needed, so I was able to champion her.

When I was done with all that, I realized Riri was then being offered to me in the HfH store, and I could see Cage.

Since then, I have not seen any other offers, though, even though I have a 1/5/5 Cloak & Dagger with a purple in my queue that I can't use AND a 5/1/5 Blade with a red I can't use.

So was this just a one-time offer thing? Or is there something I'm missing?

It's not 100 percent clear what conditions trigger an offer, and even then, it's not clear if the offer is universal or random A/B testing. 

BUT, it seems the two most common triggers are having some variation of a 0/5/5 build and getting an offer for the color that's missing entirely, OR having some variation of 5/5/2 or 5/4/3 (essentially 12 covers with 5 in one of the colors) with a cover for the color that's maxed dying on the vine. 

So it would seem your 1/5/5 and 5/1/5 builds aren't sufficient to trigger the offer. There's a chance you could get the offer though if you pulled a cover for either character in the color that's at 1, however it isn't necessarily guaranteed, either. 

I think you're over thinking it.  I think it's coming up for any unusable cover and offering any usable cover.  I had 2 C&Ds sitting for a 13 covered C&D (didn't champ due to lack of ISO) and I got an offer.  C&D was 4/5/4, I got offered one of the 4 colors.  I think it's just:
    - Are there covers on vine for a 4* with 5 in that color? 
    - If yes offer a cover of any color not at 5.
    That's probably true, I was just trying to illustrate that the bare minimum triggers seemed to be 5/5/0 builds or 12 covers with one dying on the vine to explain why those characters with 11 covers weren't triggering the deal. 
    That's exactly my point. I don't think 5/5/0 is the minimum. My theory is ANY 5 could trigger it even 5/0/0.  It's much easier to code look at the cover, is it usable, then looking at all 3 colors and making corelations on what to do. If they were making correlations based on all 3 colors i would think they wouldn't offer it to 13 covered characters. 
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    broll said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    NotBAMF said:

When Blade was still the offer, I opened 40+ legends tokens, and along the way, I got a cover for Riri I could not use. Luckily, as I finished opening tokens, I got the covers for her that I needed, so I was able to champion her.

When I was done with all that, I realized Riri was then being offered to me in the HfH store, and I could see Cage.

Since then, I have not seen any other offers, though, even though I have a 1/5/5 Cloak & Dagger with a purple in my queue that I can't use AND a 5/1/5 Blade with a red I can't use.

So was this just a one-time offer thing? Or is there something I'm missing?

It's not 100 percent clear what conditions trigger an offer, and even then, it's not clear if the offer is universal or random A/B testing. 

BUT, it seems the two most common triggers are having some variation of a 0/5/5 build and getting an offer for the color that's missing entirely, OR having some variation of 5/5/2 or 5/4/3 (essentially 12 covers with 5 in one of the colors) with a cover for the color that's maxed dying on the vine. 

So it would seem your 1/5/5 and 5/1/5 builds aren't sufficient to trigger the offer. There's a chance you could get the offer though if you pulled a cover for either character in the color that's at 1, however it isn't necessarily guaranteed, either. 

I think you're over thinking it.  I think it's coming up for any unusable cover and offering any usable cover.  I had 2 C&Ds sitting for a 13 covered C&D (didn't champ due to lack of ISO) and I got an offer.  C&D was 4/5/4, I got offered one of the 4 colors.  I think it's just:
    - Are there covers on vine for a 4* with 5 in that color? 
    - If yes offer a cover of any color not at 5.
    That's probably true, I was just trying to illustrate that the bare minimum triggers seemed to be 5/5/0 builds or 12 covers with one dying on the vine to explain why those characters with 11 covers weren't triggering the deal. 
    That's exactly my point. I don't think 5/5/0 is the minimum. My theory is ANY 5 could trigger it even 5/0/0.  It's much easier to code look at the cover, is it usable, then looking at all 3 colors and making corelations on what to do. If they were making correlations based on all 3 colors i would think they wouldn't offer it to 13 covered characters. 
    Ooh, OK, I see what you're saying. That very well could be the case. But again, since we've really received no information other than essentially, "This is a new offer," no one really knows for sure. 
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Not gonna lie, I only skimmed the latest comments, so someone may have already said something on this. 

Anyway, when my Thor offer expired, my "offers" switched to Cage only, even though I still have the Thor cover on the vine. 

1) That would have been a shame had I been saving HP to buy it and ran out of time (I'm not)
    2) The cover will still be on the vine when the next HfH store comes up so I"m going to see what happens then.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    I now have a 2/5/5 Nova with a cover in my queue, but no offer this time. It's probably for the best, as I won't be tempted to blow HP I can't afford.

The cover was in my queue before I pulled the 12th cover, in case anyone is tracking all the different scenarios. It has about 5 days left.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 786 Critical Contributor
    I've only just looked at this but  it seems they have worked out a way to target the colour we need 

so if this is the case surely they can do this in game so that if you only need yellow for a particular 3 or 4 star they give you that colour for progression reward 

I've been waiting for a red Thor for about 18 months now 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,108 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had a targeted Coulson cover but as I picked up 2 in Galactus, he was fully covered and now have 1 on the vine - offer disappeared.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just pulled a useless black Mordo (5/3/4) :'( so we'll see if I get a Mordo offer soon.

And that came from a Heroic. I've been hoarding LTs and CP lately.
  • BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    DarthDeVo said:
    Style55 said:
    Was there an official announcement about this that I somehow missed or was this not mentioned aside from players noticing it and making a thread?

Brigby also commented earlier in this thread with essentially, "No comment." This is my personal opinion, but the lack of announcement of any kind, no details about how or why these offers are being made, the seemingly random and not universal nature of the offers and an official "No comment" comment leads me to believe it's A/B testing of some kind.
    I think he's in a difficult position, because he has to make announcements when he's essentially allowed.  Until that point, he has no other choice.  There are other people who are making the decisions on when they are able to release information.

I know, you aren't necessarily calling him out per se, but I agree that they really SHOULD be given the opportunity to release information prior to them doing testing, prior to people having to figure it out, and prior to people realizing that they are perhaps getting screwed over a bit.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo said:
    Style55 said:
    Was there an official announcement about this that I somehow missed or was this not mentioned aside from players noticing it and making a thread?

Brigby also commented earlier in this thread with essentially, "No comment." This is my personal opinion, but the lack of announcement of any kind, no details about how or why these offers are being made, the seemingly random and not universal nature of the offers and an official "No comment" comment leads me to believe it's A/B testing of some kind.
    I think he's in a difficult position, because he has to make announcements when he's essentially allowed.  Until that point, he has no other choice.  There are other people who are making the decisions on when they are able to release information.

I know, you aren't necessarily calling him out per se, but I agree that they really SHOULD be given the opportunity to release information prior to them doing testing, prior to people having to figure it out, and prior to people realizing that they are perhaps getting screwed over a bit.
    Oh yeah, not blaming Brigby at all. He can only tell us what they tell him, and it doesn't sound like he's been told much. 

Again, just my opinion, but it feels like some people were given the deal, others weren't, and neither group was supposed to "know"about the other. Those with the offer were probably supposed to assume it was universal, those without wouldn't know any better.

But then this thread was made and they had to at least acknowledge it at some level, so we got, "It's a new offer," and that's it. I really feel if this was an intentional, permanent change, they would have made an announcement saying so, instead of leaving us to speculate. That's why I think it's a test of some kind. And, for the record, it seems like a good idea. 

@optimus2861 if you don't get an offer right away, hold on to the cover for a few days. The store will flip to Mr. F tomorrow, and it seems like the deals that came with Bl4de's and C4ge's stores didn't come until there was somewhere between two or three days left for them in the store. Of course, that could be a coincidence, but it doesn't hurt to wait and see. 
  • BlackWidower
    I didn't get anything with the C4ge flip. I was really looking forward to something I could actually use.
  • Slothkins
    Slothkins Posts: 58 Match Maker
    Had a 5/3/3 Coulson with two yellow covers on the vine, one of which is expiring in a day. Hit the progression reward in The Hunt to get him to 5/4/3 and immediately went and checked the store. Sure enough, the 3-offer HfH showed up as soon as that happened. 

Now I have to decide if I want to spend the 120 cp to get it or drop some cash for the HfH deal.
  • Slothkins
    Slothkins Posts: 58 Match Maker
    Had a 5/3/3 Coulson with two yellow covers on the vine, one of which is expiring in a day. Hit the progression reward in The Hunt to get him to 5/4/3 and immediately went and checked the store. Sure enough, the 3-offer HfH showed up as soon as that happened. 

Now I have to decide if I want to spend the 120 cp to get it or drop some cash for the HfH deal.
  • BlackWidower
    edited August 2017
    duplicate post.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Slothkins said:

This is infuriating. I had no folks at 12 covers at the time of my original post, but since then I now Spider-Gwen and Vulture at 12 covers. Still no additional offers. The only reason I even care, is because Spider-Gwen is my last vintage hero that isn't fully covered (not including Howard & DD). As RnG on Bonus Hero pulls tend to screw me over when I have 5 covers in any one power, I'd most definitely consider buying it just this once. 
  • MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    I have plenty of 4*s that aren't fully covered, but I have not had the benefit of the new store...  I'd buy em, but I'm still iso bound when it comes to leveling them...  I assume cover acquisition mechanics will change a few times before I've got all the 4*s at 13 covers anyhow.
  • DarthDeVo
    Slothkins said:

This is infuriating. I had no folks at 12 covers at the time of my original post, but since then I now Spider-Gwen and Vulture at 12 covers. Still no additional offers. The only reason I even care, is because Spider-Gwen is my last vintage hero that isn't fully covered (not including Howard & DD). As RnG on Bonus Hero pulls tend to screw me over when I have 5 covers in any one power, I'd most definitely consider buying it just this once. 
     Do you have unusable covers for them dying on the vine? That seems to be one of the conditions necessary for triggering the offer. 

I have G4ocket at 12 covers myself, but no unusable covers dying on the vine, so no offer. 

If you have unusable covers for them and still no offer, you might not be part of the group chosen to get the offer.

If there even are such groups.

We just don't know. 
  • Chipster22
    Chipster22 Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    DarthDeVo said:
    Slothkins said:

Do you have unusable covers for them dying on the vine? That seems to be one of the conditions necessary for triggering the offer. 

I have G4ocket at 12 covers myself, but no unusable covers dying on the vine, so no offer. 

If you have unusable covers for them and still no offer, you might not be part of the group chosen to get the offer.

We just don't know. 
    There might be something to the theory that having covers dying on the vine is a trigger for the multiple offers in the Heros for Hire store.  

I have 2 Vulture covers with about 11 days left in the rewards queue and the store changed to multiple offers including Vulture in the last day or so.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Beer40 said:
    Not gonna lie, I only skimmed the latest comments, so someone may have already said something on this. 

Anyway, when my Thor offer expired, my "offers" switched to Cage only, even though I still have the Thor cover on the vine. 

1) That would have been a shame had I been saving HP to buy it and ran out of time (I'm not)
    2) The cover will still be on the vine when the next HfH store comes up so I"m going to see what happens then.
    Update: At some point between my initial post, where I had a 3/5/4 Thor with one on the vine to champ, and now, I acquired a red Thor cover taking her to 4/5/4. I now have Mr. Fantastic and nothing else. My guess is that initially, when that cover was needed for cover 13 (and the 14th on the vine), I got the extra offer. Once that dynamic changed, and it would be the 14th cover (and 15th on the vine), I no longer received the extra offer.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    DarthDeVo said:
    Slothkins said:

We just don't know. 
    No unusable covers on the vine, but that is very interesting. Hadn't caught that in other people's comments, thanks for the insight.