Was the Hero For Hire Store brought back?

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Beer40 said:
    Beer40 said:
    Not gonna lie, I only skimmed the latest comments, so someone may have already said something on this. 

Anyway, when my Thor offer expired, my "offers" switched to Cage only, even though I still have the Thor cover on the vine. 

1) That would have been a shame had I been saving HP to buy it and ran out of time (I'm not)
    2) The cover will still be on the vine when the next HfH store comes up so I"m going to see what happens then.
    Update: At some point between my initial post, where I had a 3/5/4 Thor with one on the vine to champ, and now, I acquired a red Thor cover taking her to 4/5/4. I now have Mr. Fantastic and nothing else. My guess is that initially, when that cover was needed for cover 13 (and the 14th on the vine), I got the extra offer. Once that dynamic changed, and it would be the 14th cover (and 15th on the vine), I no longer received the extra offer.
    That would be a change from how it worked last week as I got an offer for a 13 covered.  However when it flipped to Cage that went away.  Maybe they added extra logic since then.  Or there are several variations for a/b testing.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    My Nova's at 12 with one in the vine, but I have no offer. I did have the offer last time, and bought it. Last time I had the HP on hand, now I don't.

There are too many variables to say with certainty that those seeing the offer are selected in any particular way.
  • Königsmacher
    Königsmacher Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Any news about this? Does anybody have the option displayed for them right now?

I just got my 12th 4*Fist cover from PVE progression and have a blue one dying on the vine. Yet I don't get the offer for the last missing cover. I just want to know if I'm just unlucky (hi A/B testing, how ya doing?) or if they turned the new option off again.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've had a Mordo cover dying for about four days, I only need one non-black cover to finish him, and I've received no Mordo offer. I did purchase a Rocket & Groot offer last time around. But I also passed on a Luke Cage offer because it would only have been his 12th cover. So, who knows what the system thinks of me. 
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Have we established that they've continued this arbitrary offering with the more recent Crash flips?  It seems it ended once Power Man came through. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,737 Chairperson of the Boards
    So I have had 2 Vulture Greens for a week so far (6 days left).  Mine was 2/5/4 at the time. No offer was made at all.  Until....last night I finally pulled another black, so my Vulture is 3/5/4.  At some point today the offer appeared for a blue (I did not look at the store until hours after the store change, usually around 6 AM EDT).  I had 3000 hp banked, bought 600.  Will buy the blue, assuming I don't get a lucky heroic pull.  

So the offer is still around....
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    So I have had 2 Vulture Greens for a week so far (6 days left).  Mine was 2/5/4 at the time. No offer was made at all.  Until....last night I finally pulled another black, so my Vulture is 3/5/4.  At some point today the offer appeared for a blue (I did not look at the store until hours after the store change, usually around 6 AM EDT).  I had 3000 hp banked, bought 600.  Will buy the blue, assuming I don't get a lucky heroic pull.  

So the offer is still around....
    I wouldn't necessarily count on the offer being around right away when the store flips to Nova in about 14.5 hours or so. It seems like the offers have been going away when the stores flip at the start of a Crash, then maybe come back when there's somewhere between 72 to 48 hours left in the store. 

My suggestion would be that if you're going to buy it and you have the HP, go ahead and do it while it's still there. We simply don't know enough about how these offers currently operate to say with any certainty that if you pass it up now, it will be there when the store flips to Nova, or that it will even come back at all. It may or may not, but at the very least, it's there right now. Personally, I'd get while the gettins good. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,737 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    I agree, and will be buying, it looks like. Some interesting points:
    1.  I had an 11 cover Vulture the whole time I have had the expiring covers.  
    2.  The 7 days I have had the covers included the end of one crash and all of another.
    3.  I did not see any offer until I had 12 covers, which happened to occur at the end of the 5 day crash cycle.
    4. FWIW, I am only a spender for VIP recently.

Edit:  Ha ha ha!  I have to laugh.  I spent 3600 on a Vulture Blue (plus iso, Elites, and CP).  The next Latest pull?  Of. Course.  Vulture blue.  All bow to your malevolent overlord, RNG.

I hope that, at some point, this offer is officially launched with some details as to when it is available.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got it to show up with a 2nd cover Venom, when I had a 4/3/5 one on my roster.

Leaving my Vulture at 5/2/5 for the moment, to see if I can get lucky on the rollover
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Spoilt: I had an Elektra cover "give" me the store, she's at 2/5/5. After that I got a yellow Mockingbird cover when she was at 2/5/3. I sold the Elektra cover and waited for the rollover last time (between Luke and MrF) and it sadly didn't appear. Hopefully in your case it will. 
  • Königsmacher
    Königsmacher Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Good to know that the offer still exists somewhere, even if it isn't shown to me right now (just let me finish Fist so he leaves me alone with his blue covers). But the VIP remark from Bluewolf worries me. I hope they don't consider to turn this feature into a VIP bonus to increase it's value. Open it up to anybody and finally release some information.

This isn't some elaborate ARG, just tell us what it exaclty is and how we can use it ourselves.
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 445 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2017
    Got a few characters at 12 covers atm (all with 5 in a colour). Will write here if i get the offer when i pull a non usable cover.
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Is anyone still seeing the the extra HfH?  I had the offer the first time around, and broke down and bought it at the last minute so I could champ G4mora. Now I have Hobo and War Machine both at 5/5/2 and one for each on the vine, but no bonus offer for either one.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is anyone still seeing the the extra HfH?  I had the offer the first time around, and broke down and bought it at the last minute so I could champ G4mora. Now I have Hobo and War Machine both at 5/5/2 and one for each on the vine, but no bonus offer for either one.
    I haven't been in the correct situation to get one but I hope to RNGsus it's still available.  With 2 blue Iceman coming up from progressions my 1/5/5 is really hoping to get an offer.  It will be the first time I've bough anything from H4H since I bought the first green when he was 0/5/5.  I want to polish off this unicorn!!
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker

I'm not seeing it. I very briefly had access to a Riri cover way back a few days into the original change, but I didn't buy it and didn't need it.

Now I have 2 that seem to fit the bill. A 1/5/5 Cloak & Dagger (with both a purple and a black cover pending) and a 5/1/5 Blade (with a black cover pending), and I haven't seen an offer.

I'm not sure if this is over or what at this point.

• BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker

Nope, only seen it the once and only got a War Machine because mine was 5/0/5.
    Now I have a blue vulture dying in a couple days and now a Sandman purple that I should just sell because I really don't care, but he is at 0/5/5, they will probably offer that **** to me.  Then I will be so happy (not really).
  • cpeyton3535
    cpeyton3535 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker

Had a 3/5/4 Vulture with a green on the vine and wasn't seeing the offer until literally just now it magically appeared.  No idea what triggered it to appear days after I met the criterion most have outlined here (12 covers, one dying on the vine).  

Of interest, though?  I had 3800 HP and then spent some to drop below 3600 HP.  When I went back on my device next, MPQ relaunched and there was a lovely blue Vulture cover in the HFH store.  Being that I'm a conspiracy theorist at heart, I honestly think the fact that I was below 3600 HP was a factor.  Logic being I might spend real cash to get the HP I needed to get to 3600.

Or it was pure coincidence.
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    I had the h4h offer when it first started, and haven't received any since.  I have both Blade and Thing sitting at 12 covers, and a cover for both of them has almost gone the entire 2 weeks sitting enqueue, with nothing triggering.  Maybe HP is a factor, because I'm sitting on enough to buy an offer if it came through. 
  • cpeyton3535
    cpeyton3535 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    I had the h4h offer when it first started, and haven't received any since.  I have both Blade and Thing sitting at 12 covers, and a cover for both of them has almost gone the entire 2 weeks sitting enqueue, with nothing triggering.  Maybe HP is a factor, because I'm sitting on enough to buy an offer if it came through. 
    Be our Guinea Pig and spend, spend, spend that HP!  ;)

Kidding.  Don't give in to the temptation.  I did.  I'm not proud.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hadn't received any of these new H4H offers until yesterday when it offered me a green Iron Fist cover.  My Iron Fist was 5/2/5, and I had extra four covers waiting in my queue (two blue and two black).  It was in the process of saving up 120 CP, so this was a nice alternative.