Was the Hero For Hire Store brought back?

Comments

• D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2017
    @Brigby
    Why does the HfH store offer KP's black now? The third colour cycle still isn't finished. You might want to take a look at that.

I was also wondering about this. It was yellow first 2 days or so ? Definitely not black from the beginning of this 5 days. 
  • D4Ni13
    Have you guys received any offers lately ? 

I was hoping for a Iceman cover before Anniversary and despite needing a last one and having 1 on the vine, I never got the offer. Now I managed to champ Iceman and this time I have a 5-5-2 Rogue with 3 covers on the vine. Still no offer.

Is it because I actually have the HP for it ? Or maybe because Rogue is the most recent 4* ? Though when I champed Vulture he was pretty new and I got the offer. 

Odd things happen with this store...
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    My vulture is 2/5/5 And twice I've had the 14th cover on vine, yet no offer. But x23, during the apoc event got it when the event after progression was the color I needed. What a weird feature.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, same. I was able to buy a x-23 during the anniversary, but it didn't trigger with the Mockingbird cover like a week later
  • JarvisJackrabbit
    JarvisJackrabbit Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    I have around 10k now for the sole purpose of buying the 13th cover with another on the vine and haven't seen any in awhile.
  • corytutor
    corytutor Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    All im showing is xforce
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
     I'll be curious to see if I get an offer this time. I've got both Lockjaw and Invisible Woman at 12 covers with unusable covers dying on the vine. 
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    I never got the deal before, but I'm really hoping I do now that I have a red cover on the vine for my 5/3/4 Peggy.  So far, nothing, though...
  • DarthDeVo
    ZootSax said:
    I never got the deal before, but I'm really hoping I do now that I have a red cover on the vine for my 5/3/4 Peggy.  So far, nothing, though...
    From the Sneak Peek thread: 

"Placement Rewards (for Dr. Strange's PvP):
    4-Star: Peggy Carter - Yellow, Red
    3-Star: Cyclops (Uncanny X-Men) - Black, Yellow, Red"

That means for 40 wins in Cyclops's PvP, you'll get a bright, shiny blue Peggy cover at higher SCLs. Hopefully before your red cover expires. 
  • smkspy
    And got my second vulture cover that I can't use. 

@Brigby

It would be really nice if the devs would tell is how HfH works when it comes to this 13th cover thing. 
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    smkspy said:

@Brigby

It would be really nice if the devs would tell is how HfH works when it comes to this 13th cover thing. 
    Same, it can't be due to Vulture being latest 12 as I have had offers for c&d and r&g before. Both times there were multiple covers on the vine, like 4+. Not sure if that's the trigger.
  • DarthDeVo
    edited October 2017
    I'm curious if the new offer to feature the 5* essential means the "13th cover/first for a x/5/5 4*" feature is being dropped?

There was never a formal announcement when they started doing this, which explains why none of us fully understand the parameters. It may be that they'll kill the feature quietly in a similar manner. 
  • D4Ni13
    DarthDeVo said:
    I'm curious if the new offer to feature the 5* essential means the "13th cover/first for a x/5/5 4*" feature is being dropped?
    Unfortunately, all signs show that it could indeed be dropped... which is sad.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,109 Chairperson of the Boards
    thisone said:
    smkspy said:

@Brigby

Same, it can't be due to Vulture being latest 12 as I have had offers for c&d and r&g before. Both times there were multiple covers on the vine, like 4+. Not sure if that's the trigger.
    I purchased a C4rol black Tuesday, not enough iso to actually champ her and I had more than 1 4 star on the vine also including a C4rol green. Interesting.
  • smkspy
    edited October 2017
    DAZ0273 said:
    thisone said:
    smkspy said:

@Brigby

I purchased a C4rol black Tuesday, not enough iso to actually champ her and I had more than 1 4 star on the vine also including a C4rol green. Interesting.
    And my "14th" Vulture was like two weeks ago. I let the cover run thru two cycles before having to sell it. Now im back but with two vulture covers.

It's this type of stuff that really grinds my gears about this company. Nothing that a simple explanation couldn't fix, but yeah again, what it really means is that customers are beta testers based purely on chance.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,109 Chairperson of the Boards
    smkspy said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    thisone said:
    smkspy said:

@Brigby

And my "14th" Vulture was like two weeks ago. I let the cover run thru two cycles before having to sell it. Now im back but with two vulture covers.

It's this type of stuff that really grinds my gears about this company. Nothing that a simple explanation couldn't fix, but yeah again, what it really means is that customers are beta testers based purely on chance.
    Agreed. I had a dupe C4rol before Anniversary but no offer at that time. It isn't like we WANT dupe covers on the vine.
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    DarthDeVo said:
    Looks like it.  Figures that for the first time I made decisions based on trying/expecting to get an offer.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    DarthDeVo said:
    Looks like it.  Figures that for the first time I made decisions based on trying/expecting to get an offer.
    The wording from the announcement thread says "a cover of the Essential 5-Star will be available in the Heroes for Hire store (along with all the other normal offers in there.)", so I guess it would depend on whether these additional offers count as "normal" or not.

They never announced this feature, so perhaps they only consider it a test.  But on the other hand, there weren't "offers" plural without this feature.

That said, I was really hoping they'd offer me a yellow cover for my 5/2/5 Thor, given I've got the HP and a red cover waiting.  Maybe she's worth the CP though ...
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, since I'd decided I'd save up some CP to buy the last cover for my Thor, I thought I'd dump some iso into her, and got her up to about level 200.  I checked back at the H4H store, and it now had four offers: Green Goblin, Wolverine, Thor, and Agent Venom.

So I guess the "complete a character" offers are still possible, even if we don't know what exactly triggers them.
  • DarthDeVo
    Had an offer for my 5/5/2 Invisible Woman when I woke up this morning. The tabs on the bottom, from left to right, went Green Goblin, IW, Wolverine, then Agent Venom.

Unfortunately I think I'm gonna have to pass this time. I just don't have enough ISO or HP to spare right now.