Was the Hero For Hire Store brought back?

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,108 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ok - so I have a 5/2/5 Blade, red cover on Vine and 2 other covers also dying, enough HP to buy a deal but not enough iso to level - store will flip in a few hours as AntivVenom deal expires, so I'm gonna watch this carefully...
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Ok - so I have a 5/2/5 Blade, red cover on Vine and 2 other covers also dying, enough HP to buy a deal but not enough iso to level - store will flip in a few hours as AntivVenom deal expires, so I'm gonna watch this carefully...
     You'll still probably have to wait a few days. If (IF) you get the offer, it usually doesn't come until two or three days into the new Crash. 
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    After pulling several FFW tokens trying for a single 5* Thor so I can be ready when he's an essential, I ended up with several unusable Vulture covers as mine is currently 5/5/2. Today the cover i need popped up in my HfH store. I don't have the ISO to champ him, or the HP to buy the cover.  I have 2 days to decide if I want to drop $20 for this one cover and hope to earn the ISO in the next 9 days.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    After pulling several FFW tokens trying for a single 5* Thor so I can be ready when he's an essential, I ended up with several unusable Vulture covers as mine is currently 5/5/2. Today the cover i need popped up in my HfH store. I don't have the ISO to champ him, or the HP to buy the cover.  I have 2 days to decide if I want to drop $20 for this one cover and hope to earn the ISO in the next 9 days.

Gambit hasn't been the essential fivestar yet, so I don't Think you need to chase down Thor through Friends from Work tokens, it's probably safe to wait until he is in Latest Legends at least.

(Gambit should be up in the Story event after Enemy of the State though).

• DAZ0273
    DarthDeVo said:
    DAZ0273 said:
     You'll still probably have to wait a few days. If (IF) you get the offer, it usually doesn't come until two or three days into the new Crash. 
    Yeah...no offer yet.
  • PsychoNrOne
    PsychoNrOne Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    edited November 2017
    Good to know that those offers still exists. But I would really like to know how to trigger it this time. I have a yellow cover for my lvl 210 4/5/3 grocket (6 days left) and a red cover for my lvl 168 5/3/4 de4dpool (8 days left). Received this offer twice in the past (and accepted it both times), but didn't get it this time (i really hope for it during the next days). The differences to the two times before:
    1) i have two additional blue hobo fist covers dying on the vine (8 days left). Mine is lvl 70 (5/3/5) - so he would be champable (but i would really prefer grocket and / or de4dpool). There were also two additional black carnage covers (lvl 188 3/5/2), which i already sold.
    2) At the moment, i have the ISO to champ only one, but will be able to champ two characters when the first cover expires.

I already put some ISO into grocket, but the offer wasn't triggered. Maybe the additional covers for a champable character are preventing the offer - but i'm not willing to sell them just in order to check, if i'm right (i would rather champ hobo fist if i do not receive the offer)

EDIT:
    The last difference:
    In the past, I had only unusable covers for one character. Now, i have unusable covers for two.
    Update:
    Got the missing purple Deadpool cover as a bonus hero from a heroic and the missing green Grocket from a LT. So I did not need the HFH offer (I did not get it anyway).

But today, an additional offer appeared in the HFH store: a yellow Mr. Fantastic cover. Mine is sitting at 5/0/5 since today (or maybe yesterday) and i don't have any covers on the vine for him. It seems, that such a bad luck also triggers this offer (although i do not know if i will spend my hp for Mr F...).
  • DarthDeVo
    Good to know that those offers still exists. But I would really like to know how to trigger it this time. I have a yellow cover for my lvl 210 4/5/3 grocket (6 days left) and a red cover for my lvl 168 5/3/4 de4dpool (8 days left). Received this offer twice in the past (and accepted it both times), but didn't get it this time (i really hope for it during the next days). The differences to the two times before:
    1) i have two additional blue hobo fist covers dying on the vine (8 days left). Mine is lvl 70 (5/3/5) - so he would be champable (but i would really prefer grocket and / or de4dpool). There were also two additional black carnage covers (lvl 188 3/5/2), which i already sold.
    2) At the moment, i have the ISO to champ only one, but will be able to champ two characters when the first cover expires.

I already put some ISO into grocket, but the offer wasn't triggered. Maybe the additional covers for a champable character are preventing the offer - but i'm not willing to sell them just in order to check, if i'm right (i would rather champ hobo fist if i do not receive the offer)

EDIT:
    The last difference:
    In the past, I had only unusable covers for one character. Now, i have unusable covers for two.
    Update:
    Got the missing purple Deadpool cover as a bonus hero from a heroic and the missing green Grocket from a LT. So I did not need the HFH offer (I did not get it anyway).

But today, an additional offer appeared in the HFH store: a yellow Mr. Fantastic cover. Mine is sitting at 5/0/5 since today (or maybe yesterday) and i don't have any covers on the vine for him. It seems, that such a bad luck also triggers this offer (although i do not know if i will spend my hp for Mr F...).
    Yep, that's the other known condition that will trigger an offer, although builds like that seem to be more rare, so we don't hear about them nearly as often.

Although, it is interesting that you don't have any blue or black Mr. F covers dying on the vine. I thought that was always a necessary condition, but apparently not. 
  • danielrandkai
    danielrandkai Posts: 90 Match Maker
    They got me as the rogue cover is what I need to cover her and champ (have two greens and needed either a yellow and a red and there was a yellow)
  • DAZ0273
    Well - we are on to X-23 now and didn't get an offer for Blade in the last one, so back to this being the magical mystery tour.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    So, I've been hoping for an offer for Rogue for the last few DDQ cycles: she's covered at 5/5/2 and I had an extra cover waiting on the vine, and then got another as a champion reward from Gambit.  I also levelled her up to 250 in case that made a difference.

So far nothing has come up, so I will probably end up spending CP if I don't luck into a yellow cover before the others expire.  It'd be really nice to know what triggers this.  Two possibilities for why it hasn't happened yet are:

1. I'd got an offer for Thor a week or so before my first unusable Rogue cover.  Maybe they rate limit the offers?
    2. Rogue is the latest 4* character available in tokens.  Maybe they don't offer the latest character?
    Might there be some other possibilities?
  • DarthDeVo
    jamesh said:
    So, I've been hoping for an offer for Rogue for the last few DDQ cycles: she's covered at 5/5/2 and I had an extra cover waiting on the vine, and then got another as a champion reward from Gambit.  I also levelled her up to 250 in case that made a difference.

So far nothing has come up, so I will probably end up spending CP if I don't luck into a yellow cover before the others expire.  It'd be really nice to know what triggers this.  Two possibilities for why it hasn't happened yet are:

1. I'd got an offer for Thor a week or so before my first unusable Rogue cover.  Maybe they rate limit the offers?
    2. Rogue is the latest 4* character available in tokens.  Maybe they don't offer the latest character?
     I've had the offer two different times, and the first offer was G4ocket, which I bought, so they aren't excluding Latest 4*s.

You could be on to something with the offers being limited. They might not want people buying too much progress directly. On the other hand, you'd think they would want to tempt people to buy HP if they needed it. Who knows?
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    I got a special offer for War Machine who went to 12 covered after a recent hoard pull.  I took advantage.
  • cpeyton3535
    cpeyton3535 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Over the weekend I had both Lockjaw and XFW at 12 covers with one on the vine.  Got an offer for XFW but not for Lockjaw.  Don't plan to take advantage.  
  • DAZ0273
    I finally got my Blade offer but I wasn't left enough time to get the iso I needed to make use of the cover on the vine which was close to expiring, so I had to sell it. I still may buy to fully cover and build iso to champ him but shame about that extra cover going to waste.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have a purple Elektra on the vine since yesterday, so I'm curious if I get an offer this cycle of DDQ. 

Previously, I've hit the assumed criteria (12 cover, 5/5/2 or 5/4/3 character, one unusable on the vine, 3rd or 4th day of DDQ cycle) for this offer three times, but have only actually gotten the offer once.  The other two times, however, I actually still champed the character through other in-game prizes before the cover expired.  The first time, I received a Coulson cover from Round 5 of an alliance boss event and the second time I pulled the needed Gamora cover from the PVE vault.  This makes me really curious if the offer somehow factors in whether or not a needed cover is available through other means aside from 120CP before it gives it to you; especially as some people on the forums have speculated that due to the nature of computer-based RNG, the game likely "knows" your draw order for every vault before you make a pull from it.

Given the continued silence on the mere existence of this offer from any official channel, we'll likely never know, but if you're desperate to champ a character and you don't get the offer, but see a cover in a vault it could possibly mean that you're withing a certain number pulls of that cover from the vault.  Otherwise, it could mean if you have another DDQ round after the vault closes, the offer may be available that round instead.  

...I really wish they'd announce this offer as a formal feature already.  I'm tired of having to guess how it actually works.
  • ronshapard
    ronshapard Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    My 2/5/5 Phoenix is very interested in when she may appear in the store.  I've got 250cp just waiting for that to happen.  I'm on day 769.  So I expect she will show up in the store some time around my day 910 when I get her in the daily resupply, or at least just close enough to that date that I don't consider the 250cp to be a worthwhile investment anymore.

• jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo said:
    jamesh said:

I've had the offer two different times, and the first offer was G4ocket, which I bought, so they aren't excluding Latest 4*s.

You could be on to something with the offers being limited. They might not want people buying too much progress directly. On the other hand, you'd think they would want to tempt people to buy HP if they needed it. Who knows?
    I was referring to the "latest 1 character" rather than "latest 12 characters".  I've had offers from the latest 12 before too.

And for the record, I finally did get an offer for Rogue today.  I think this is the third opportunity they could have offered it for the covers I had in my queue, but this is the first time when Nightcrawler is latest in tokens.

Maybe it is a coincidence, or maybe this exposes part of the selection algorithm.
  • DarthDeVo
    edited November 2017
    jamesh said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    jamesh said:

I was referring to the "latest 1 character" rather than "latest 12 characters".  I've had offers from the latest 12 before too.

And for the record, I finally did get an offer for Rogue today.  I think this is the third opportunity they could have offered it for the covers I had in my queue, but this is the first time when Nightcrawler is latest in tokens.

Maybe it is a coincidence, or maybe this exposes part of the selection algorithm.
    Ah, gotcha. Could be coincidence, could not be. Who knows? 

OJSP said:
    jamesh said:

Rogue is offered today because she's required in Behemoth Burrito, isn't she? I thought that was one of the triggers?
    Way back when they first introduced the store, it was a different 4* offered each day, and the rotation was tied to the Behemoth Burrito. Just before we had completed a full rotation, they switched to tying it to the featured Crash character instead. Then they started doing these random one-off offers seemingly tied to individual rosters. Being featured in the Behemoth Burrito hasn't seemed to be a trigger for these random offers before. 

And for the record, I got an offer for Punmax blue today, making this the third time I've gotten one. But that would basically wipe out all my HP and nearly all my ISO. I'm already probably going to have to forsake some of my 2* farm, will need to toss some ISO to St4r-Lord and Nightcrawler for SHIELD Training, and will probably need to put levels into my 115 4/5/2 Teen Jean for her Crash and definitely will for my 94 5/4/4 Yondu.

So unfortunately I'm probably gonna have to pass on the offer this time too. Man, I haven't been in such a serious resource crunch in a long, long time. 
  • Kaeyne
    Kaeyne Posts: 68 Match Maker
    OJSP said:
    Rogue is offered today because she's required in Behemoth Burrito, isn't she? I thought that was one of the triggers?
    I'm not sure if that is accurate since I have 5* IM, Iceman and 4*Lord as my current offer.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZootSax said:
    I have a purple Elektra on the vine since yesterday, so I'm curious if I get an offer this cycle of DDQ. 

Previously, I've hit the assumed criteria (12 cover, 5/5/2 or 5/4/3 character, one unusable on the vine, 3rd or 4th day of DDQ cycle) for this offer three times, but have only actually gotten the offer once.  The other two times, however, I actually still champed the character through other in-game prizes before the cover expired.  The first time, I received a Coulson cover from Round 5 of an alliance boss event and the second time I pulled the needed Gamora cover from the PVE vault.  This makes me really curious if the offer somehow factors in whether or not a needed cover is available through other means aside from 120CP before it gives it to you; especially as some people on the forums have speculated that due to the nature of computer-based RNG, the game likely "knows" your draw order for every vault before you make a pull from it.

Given the continued silence on the mere existence of this offer from any official channel, we'll likely never know, but if you're desperate to champ a character and you don't get the offer, but see a cover in a vault it could possibly mean that you're withing a certain number pulls of that cover from the vault.  Otherwise, it could mean if you have another DDQ round after the vault closes, the offer may be available that round instead.  

...I really wish they'd announce this offer as a formal feature already.  I'm tired of having to guess how it actually works.
    To follow up, I got an offer for an Elektra red today.  The Elektra in the Unstable Iso-8 vault was another purple, so while it's nice to get the offer again, it still doesn't really give any reason why I didn't get it every time previously.  Regardless, it's still nice to champ the first 4* I ever won in a release event...even if she isn't a world-beater.  The LT even gave me my first champ level on Quake, whose LT FINALLY gave me a non-green Vulture for the first time in over a season to bring him to 3/12/2.  All in all, progress :)