Was the Hero For Hire Store brought back?

Comments

• smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    I kinda regret taking my mockingbird offer today when I only had 4400 HP, can't use her 14th cover to champ, and she's still a latest.

But she was in that the dreaded 5/2/5 build and I didn't want another x23 situation.

Too late now, but glad they offer the feature, but wish it would kick in a lot sooner than 2 or 3 days before their covers expire.
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    I'm sitting on a 1/5/5 Sandman with 2 yellow covers on the vine. No offer.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Got a new offer today: 7000 HP for 2 4* covers and all the other rewards doubled.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    Beer40 said:
    Got a new offer today: 7000 HP for 2 4* covers and all the other rewards doubled.
    Same.  Mine is Hulkbuster with Nick Fury included.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    Beer40 said:

The two other fourstars needed for SHIELD training... shame they didn't include Hulk in the package though.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Quebbster said:
    bluewolf said:
    Beer40 said:

The two other fourstars needed for SHIELD training... shame they didn't include Hulk in the package though.
    Good catch. i couldn't figure out why they were going with that pair. You'd think including MeHulk would be something that would get more sales than 2 of the oldest 4*s.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    STOPTHIS said:
    Quebbster said:
    bluewolf said:
    Beer40 said:

Good catch. i couldn't figure out why they were going with that pair. You'd think including MeHulk would be something that would get more sales than 2 of the oldest 4*s.
    More attempts to milk the meh training event.  Hurrah for money grabs!
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    STOPTHIS said:
    Quebbster said:
    bluewolf said:
    Beer40 said:

With dilution being what it is, a newer whale might desperately need those covers. No skin off my back.  60 4s!  1400 CP - assuming 1/7 is a 5 - for one cover of each.
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2017
    Someone could pls explain why I could buy a Grocket 4 for 3600hp  and instead for an Hulkbuster (that I have just champed)
    I should pay 7000Hp?.......
    someone at Demiurge has a strange sense of humor
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    WEBGAS said:
    Someone could pls explain why I could buy a Grocket 4 for 3600hp  and instead for an Hulkbuster (that I have just champed)
    The Hulkbuster also comes with a Nick Fury, and double the ISO and Tokens, so you're technically getting a 200 HP discount by buying them together.  
    This is for those who can't complete SHEILD Training, and need a little boost to their older 4*s.
  • jordanix
    jordanix Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    edited November 2017
    I have hulkbuster in my store, but not nick fury. Both are champed so I wouldn't be buying anyways, I would have considered the new hulk though.

edit: im an idiot, didnt see nick in there
  • broll
    WEBGAS said:
    Because it's not just Hulkbuster.  It's Hulkbuster and Fury.  Basically they are trying to get people who only need one of them to pay double vs just having an option to pick one.

I might have considered if there was a Fury cover I needed (mine is 3/5/3), but certainly won't pay 7000 HP even if I had anywhere close to that.  Would have been better if they offered 3 at 3600 a piece for each of the required (including MEHulk which is the 99% of players would actually need).  Even then I'll never reward this cash grab event by paying IRL money.
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    @broll
    THANX  I didn't even noticed it was HB+Fury ....but it's ridiculous equally  :D

Yes, MEHulk could have been more appreciated, but this way they would have irritated the whales because 
    Shield Training is an event designed only for them (like many other things in this game, lately)
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    WEBGAS said:
    @broll
    THANX  I didn't even noticed it was HB+Fury ....but it's ridiculous equally  :D

Yes, MEHulk could have been more appreciated, but this way they would have irritated the whales because 
    Shield Training is an event designed only for them (like many other things in this game, lately)
    One extra Main Event would hardly have thrown the SHIELD Training doors wide open to the masses. 
  • broll
    What would have felt like a good deal is if rather than 7000 HP for 2 (and the oldest 2 at that) + double all other reward, 7000 HP for all 3 including hulk and triple others (or the double is OK too) then it would be a buy 2 get one free type deal.
  • Kaeyne
    Kaeyne Posts: 68 Match Maker
    broll said:
    What would have felt like a good deal is if rather than 7000 HP for 2 (and the oldest 2 at that) + double all other reward, 7000 HP for all 3 including hulk and triple others (or the double is OK too) then it would be a buy 2 get one free type deal.
    See, there's your problem - how are they gonna profit when they just start handing out stuff FOR FREE?
  • broll
    Kaeyne said:
    broll said:
    See, there's your problem - how are they gonna profit when they just start handing out stuff FOR FREE?
    Tell that to every business ever that's offered such a deal...  The goal of such a deal here for MPQ is 7000 HP is a lot in one shot for many players.  I would say the average player probably has between a few hundred and few thousands HP at any time.  If a 2 for 1 deal get's event 1-5% of players to spend real money to get more HP to do this deal, then it's a big win.

Also one of the main complaints with people who don't buy/rarely buy is that's it's not a good deal (especially ISO).  The more deals that seem worth it they do (even if it's only once a 4* release) will build up good will that sometimes their deals are worth buying.
  • hedbngr
    hedbngr Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Just got the offer again. Rogue at 5/2/5. Opening legendaries and got a green Rogue two days ago. Today a red Rogue is waiting for me in the store. Scooped it up, champed her and leveled her up for my legendary token. Third time this has happened to me so far. 
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just had an extra offer pop up for me - first time I think. My Grockett has been at 5/2/5 for a couple of months now, and I have a blue cover on the vine expiring soon. A yellow Grockett offer (expiring in two days) popped up for me for the standard 3600 HP.
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 445 Mover and Shaker
    Does anyone else have both 4* Carol and Sam Wilson in the HfH? Its usually, The required 5 star, the 4* for the Crash of the Titans the next Crash 4 * and sometimes the one 4* you need to get 13th cover. In this case i got Sam Wilson, who i have at 2-1-1?