Was the Hero For Hire Store brought back?

Comments

• D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    DarthDeVo said:
    Had an offer for my 5/5/2 Invisible Woman when I woke up this morning. The tabs on the bottom, from left to right, went Green Goblin, IW, Wolverine, then Agent Venom.

Unfortunately I think I'm gonna have to pass this time. I just don't have enough ISO or HP to spare right now. 
    I have a 5-5-2 Rogue, and 3 extra covers, an no offer. I would definitely take it. How much HP do you have. I wonder if I wouldn't have enough HP if I could see the offer... I don't understand the criterias... 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had HP to spare when the offer came up.  I had used up all my Iso levelling Thor though.

Perhaps you need to be lacking in one of the purchasable resources, so there is an incentive to spend after the offer is made available?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,110 Chairperson of the Boards
    D4Ni13 said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    Had an offer for my 5/5/2 Invisible Woman when I woke up this morning. The tabs on the bottom, from left to right, went Green Goblin, IW, Wolverine, then Agent Venom.

Unfortunately I think I'm gonna have to pass this time. I just don't have enough ISO or HP to spare right now. 
    I have a 5-5-2 Rogue, and 3 extra covers, an no offer. I would definitely take it. How much HP do you have. I wonder if I wouldn't have enough HP if I could see the offer... I don't understand the criterias... 
    Maybe Rogue is too new to be offered?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,110 Chairperson of the Boards
    jamesh said:
    I had HP to spare when the offer came up.  I had used up all my Iso levelling Thor though.

Perhaps you need to be lacking in one of the purchasable resources, so there is an incentive to spend after the offer is made available?
    This matches my experience - HP no problem but not enough iso having not long champed Mordo.
  • D4Ni13
    DAZ0273 said:
    D4Ni13 said:
    DarthDeVo said:

Maybe Rogue is too new to be offered?
    Same happened with Iceman. If it were only Rogue I would have thought the same...
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    I have a dupe Lockjaw (5/1/5) 4 days left, Moonknight (1/5/5) 5 days left, Yondu (4/2/5) 12 days lelft, and Quake (5/2/5) 12 days left, in my queue right now, and this morning Quake's cover showed up on the H4H store. Maybe since I am only missing 1 cover for her, and she's not in the latest 12?
    I have 5585 hp, so I am thinking about it. My queue is a mess, clearly, but this is the best chance to finally champ her
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    DAZ0273 said:
    jamesh said:

This matches my experience - HP no problem but not enough iso having not long champed Mordo.
    Yeah, I dumped most of my iso into a rechamped farm Thor last night. Had a little under 5000 iso afterwards, and woke up to that black vulture in the hfh store. 

But now I'm hesitant. First cover only has seven days left, and I'm currently at 27k iso and he is only level 74. Not impossible, I have 2 plants nearing both at 143 and will probably hit another shield rank by then too.

On the other hand, I have been hoarding so have a little over 600 cp. I could just buy the cover that way and save my cp since I know multiple releases are on their way.

Just when I thought I could stop chasing the carrot they suck me right back in...
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    D4Ni13 said:
    DarthDeVo said:

DAZ0273 said:
    jamesh said:

I've had this offer one other time, for G4ocket. It was while  I was in the middle of hoarding and had more than enough of both resources, so I bought and champed them right away. Of course, they were announced as placement/progression rewards like a day or two after that. Go figure. 

Right now I have about 120K ISO and 4200 HP, so it's not like I can't buy, it would just put me in an incredibly tight spot I'm not sure I want to put myself in. I should get T50 in SCL 9 for a yellow Cyclops cover, making him 5/5/3. The progression from Venom Bomb will be his 14th cover, and I'd rather champ him than IW.

I do have some 2*s at 144, so I'm considering sacrificing my farm to make it all work, but even then it would probably come down to the wire getting enough ISO to champ Scott in time before his cover expires. 

Then I'm looking at getting a 13th cover for Ghost Rider from PvP soon. And I really should be hoarding as much ISO as I can, since I'm planning on one last desperate attempt for more 5pidey covers before he leaves Latests, and I have about seven or eight characters with 12 covers that could potentially hit 13/14 cover status.

I'm probably gonna have to accept some losses somewhere, and Sue seems like the best option, as that would only leave me ISO poor, instead of both ISO and HP poor. But I haven't decided 100 percent yet. 

And for the record, I also have Lockjaw at 12 covers with an unusable cover dying on the vine, but they offered Sue over him. 
  • DarthDeVo
    Straycat said:
    I have a dupe Lockjaw (5/1/5) 4 days left, Moonknight (1/5/5) 5 days left, Yondu (4/2/5) 12 days lelft, and Quake (5/2/5) 12 days left, in my queue right now, and this morning Quake's cover showed up on the H4H store. Maybe since I am only missing 1 cover for her, and she's not in the latest 12?
    I have 5585 hp, so I am thinking about it. My queue is a mess, clearly, but this is the best chance to finally champ her
    They've never formally told us how the offer for the 4* works, but from what we can tell the two main conditions are the character needs to have an unusable cover on the vine and some variation totaling 12 covers OR a variation of 0/5/5.

Basically it seems to be a way to buy a cover you need if you're at 12 so you can champ and then apply the useless cover, or the missing cover if you're at 10 so you can at least decide if you want to dump 240 CP on a direct buy to get the character to 13 covers and champable to apply the useless cover. 

So no, you won't see an offer for those other three characters, unless they get to 12 covers and you draw a useless cover. But even then, there are no guarantees you'll get an offer, as others can attest to. 
  • D4Ni13
    I got the offer for Rogue and champed her. It seems the offer updated slower than last time or it is bound to appear when you have 2 days left to go from that cicle ? IDK, but I finally got it, and took it without any regrets.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    After not getting any offers previously, I did get offered a blue Peggy this morning.  I'm glad the double-secret HfH offer is still in place, in spite of absolutely no official announcement/acknowledgement of its existence whatsoever.  I have a 5/5/1 Quake I really want to champ before my Scarlet Witch gets up to 265 (she's at ~215 now), so this HfH offer seems like my best bet.  Plus it saves me 40 matches in the next PVP for Peggy if I don't want to climb that high...which I likely won't
  • DarthDeVo
    D4Ni13 said:
    I got the offer for Rogue and champed her. It seems the offer updated slower than last time or it is bound to appear when you have 2 days left to go from that cicle ? IDK, but I finally got it, and took it without any regrets.
    They seem to hold off on the offer until there's somewhere between 48 and 72 hours left before the featured 4* rotates to the one featured in the current Crash for some reason. I don't know if it's meant to create an artificial sense of urgency or what. 

ZootSax said:
    After not getting any offers previously, I did get offered a blue Peggy this morning.  I'm glad the double-secret HfH offer is still in place, in spite of absolutely no official announcement/acknowledgement of its existence whatsoever.  I have a 5/5/1 Quake I really want to champ before my Scarlet Witch gets up to 265 (she's at ~215 now), so this HfH offer seems like my best bet.  Plus it saves me 40 matches in the next PVP for Peggy if I don't want to climb that high...which I likely won't
    You likely won't get a Quake offer unless she gets to 5/5/2 with an unusable cover on the vine. 
  • Königsmacher
    Königsmacher Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Here we go again...

The preview shows AV's red coming up, although it should be his yellow. The "next" cycle is confirmed to begin with IMHB, so still some time away.

And please, PLEASE, make the mystery HfH offer an official feature and explain its functionality. I've got a twelve cover Vulture with two black dying on the vine and I check the store every 5 minutes because I have no idea when (if!) I get the offer.
    This can't be the intended effect. Don't get me wrong, the mystery offer is without a doubt the best thing about the store and despite being pricey really player friendly. But transparancy goes a long way and the current secrecy is very frustrating.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you've got an iso hoard, try spending some of it on Vulture and see if that makes a difference.  That's what I did prior to getting an offer.
  • PsychoNrOne
    PsychoNrOne Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    edited October 2017
    Good to know that those offers still exists. But I would really like to know how to trigger it this time. I have a yellow cover for my lvl 210 4/5/3 grocket (6 days left) and a red cover for my lvl 168 5/3/4 de4dpool (8 days left). Received this offer twice in the past (and accepted it both times), but didn't get it this time (i really hope for it during the next days). The differences to the two times before:
    1) i have two additional blue hobo fist covers dying on the vine (8 days left). Mine is lvl 70 (5/3/5) - so he would be champable (but i would really prefer grocket and / or de4dpool). There were also two additional black carnage covers (lvl 188 3/5/2), which i already sold.
    2) At the moment, i have the ISO to champ only one, but will be able to champ two characters when the first cover expires.

I already put some ISO into grocket, but the offer wasn't triggered. Maybe the additional covers for a champable character are preventing the offer - but i'm not willing to sell them just in order to check, if i'm right (i would rather champ hobo fist if i do not receive the offer)

EDIT:
    The last difference:
    In the past, I had only unusable covers for one character. Now, i have unusable covers for two.
  • D4Ni13
    edited October 2017
    It seems very inconsistent, so I don't know what to say. For Vulture 1 extra cover was enough to trigger the offer. For Rogue I needed 3 extra covers to get the offer. Vulture offer came as soon as I got the extra cover, for Rogue 2-3 days after I got the 3rd cover. Iceman during anniversary, had 1 extra cover and offer didn't show. 

HP & ISO don't seem to matter either.  Cannot fight the common rules to this hidden formula.
  • DarthDeVo
    Good to know that those offers still exists. But I would really like to know how to trigger it this time. I have a yellow cover for my lvl 210 4/5/3 grocket (6 days left) and a red cover for my lvl 168 5/3/4 de4dpool (8 days left). Received this offer twice in the past (and accepted it both times), but didn't get it this time (i really hope for it during the next days). The differences to the two times before:
    1) i have two additional blue hobo fist covers dying on the vine (8 days left). Mine is lvl 70 (5/3/5) - so he would be champable (but i would really prefer grocket and / or de4dpool). There were also two additional black carnage covers (lvl 188 3/5/2), which i already sold.
    2) At the moment, i have the ISO to champ only one, but will be able to champ two characters when the first cover expires.

I already put some ISO into grocket, but the offer wasn't triggered. Maybe the additional covers for a champable character are preventing the offer - but i'm not willing to sell them just in order to check, if i'm right (i would rather champ hobo fist if i do not receive the offer)

EDIT:
    The last difference:
    In the past, I had only unusable covers for one character. Now, i have unusable covers for two.
    Hopefully you get an offer, but as @D4Ni13 mentioned, there are no concrete details on why or when these deals are offered. 

I would say wait a few days, because it seems that the offers aren't made until there are somewhere between 48 to 72 hours left for the featured character. Don't worry if it isn't there right away when it flips to Agent Venom. It may take a few days to (maybe) get the offer. 
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Bought my vulture with 6 hours left and about to go to sleep. But did try an experiment, I BH'd my vulture since getting the offer in the hope that I would get his black thru that. 

I planned on buying it anyway, so if I got a green or blue it would just apply as champ levels. Unfortunately didn't get a single BH...and heroic tokens have been awfully terrible since this Thor event started. Mah RNG.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    smkspy said:
    Bought my vulture with 6 hours left and about to go to sleep. But did try an experiment, I BH'd my vulture since getting the offer in the hope that I would get his black thru that. 

I planned on buying it anyway, so if I got a green or blue it would just apply as champ levels. Unfortunately didn't get a single BH...and heroic tokens have been awfully terrible since this Thor event started. Mah RNG.
    Meant to say, I finally got my Vulture cover during last run. Seemed to trigger on 3rd day with only 1 cover on the vine. Got a bunch of new heroes at 3/5/2 or some variation and keep pulling that 5th colour. So infuriating as even BH can't help.

Must say I initially didn't like HfH but have used it 3 times now. It's a nice addition but would prefer another way to address the colour woes we seem to suffer.
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2017

EDIT:
    The last difference:
    You might get it after a couple of days