Progression Reward Changes in Versus Tournaments (7/20/17)

Options

Comments

• alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    Uuugh... Top ten, are you kidding? Hell, I had 1300 points last event and finished 48th.

48th.... No where near top ten.

Final CP reward needs to be rethought, other than that I'm all in.

That's got more to do with your slice than anything else. I've landed t10 with scores around 900 many times.
    So... I have to play in the middle of the night to get T10 placement?  Or I have to "snipe" a fresh slice?

If you want to tie rewards to effort, cool... but don't penalize the popular time zones that have extremely high scoring events...  T10 is unrealistic for cp15, as Thorzhamer pointed out - some slices have much higher scores.
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby said:
    maltyo9 said:
    This... Might actually be good.
    Going to be some wailing and gnashing of teeth about putting the final prog reward over to placement, but whatever
    I'm just curious as to what placement you have to get for the CP.

Brigby any info on this would be appreciated.
    The CP that was originally the final progression reward will be allocated to the top 10 placement ranks.
    Aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhh!
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    Options
    zulux21 said:
    .. but I avoid pvp in general because I find the grind a pain...
    I avoid pve in general because I find the grind a pain

(We are almost twins :smile:)
    I play MPQ mostly while doing other things.
    it's not uncommon for my matches to take 20-30 minutes when I forget that I am playing, or while making dinner or watching stuff or talking with friends.

with PVE I am free to walk away when ever I want and if it takes me 12 hours to do two clears in a PVE substory then it takes me 12 hours.

in PVP to get to 900 I need to play constantly.

I can get to 600 or so without needing to focus to much but once I get above that I have to play seriously to get up past 900 and even then I tend to get hammered hard even if I am using boosted champed 4* characters. that grind of constantly trying to finish as fast as possible isn't enjoyable to me thus I really don't play PVP. thus this change is really nice for someone like me, though the win amount is to high (just like the 5 clears in PVE is right now) but it's at least a step in the right direction to get me to care about what covers are offered in PVP again.

of note my current season score lol

as I really don't care given how much of a pain the good rewards are to get right now.
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby: We are really excited about this change, and are looking forward to hearing what everyone has to say about it. 
    I doubt the second part of this statement, though it does say "hearing" rather than "listening to"
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm excited for this change. I've hit 900 a handful times and it's a stressful, unpleasant experience. 40 matches is too high, but I'm excited that you guys are trying something new.
  • dleezphone
    dleezphone Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    edited July 2017
    Options
    This idea blows. 40 wins for bum rewards and pve like grinding for placement.... PvP progression cp will be reserved for those who have spent the most on this game with this move, I believe. Plus, off season is not taken seriously by those that go hard in season... What if we all (or most) just not play divine champions? Or is the goal to actually increase pve play? 

-Zombie Phoenix
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I'm excited for this change, although I'm surprised by the negative reaction by many of the 5* players here.

For me the most frustrating part of PVP is losing progression.  A few weeks ago there was a 4* progression cover that I really wanted, but it wasn't a good boosted list for me, and I ended up not getting to 900.  40 wins on the other hand would have been very possible.  

It'll be nice to play at my own pace, knowing that every win gets me closer to progression rewards, even if I'm getting attacked repeatedly and losing more points than I'm winning.

For the top players, I will agree that only t10 getting the 15 CP seems like a move backwards.  It is just a test though.  One alternative would be to set it at 50 wins, although many people wouldn't like that. Another option would be to just expand that in higher CL.  Something like t10 for CL6, t25 for CL7, and t50 for CL8.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Options
    so I skip to find teams which are in the low 20s, win some, lose some (because losses don't count and I don't care for placement), will always stay in the same point range, and after 40 wins (typical mpq estimate, awesome) I get a 4* cover. 

• OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Many people would rather spend time skipping to find easy matches to hit that 40 target. If you're valuing a win at 22.5 pts most people will make the fight match the points and seek out players way below their level who they wouldn't normally bother with because they're not worth good points. 

You've essentially created a system which will encourage it. Adjust the wins total and you'll find this system is actually better. Leave it as it is and watch PvP become more competitive and less popular. I've already seen many people switch from being PvP to pve this will push more
  • 9fingers
    9fingers Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Stupid. If ur healing 1-2 characters after each match - that's a lot of health packs if u have limited time. If this becomes the norm many will quit. 40 wins is a ridiculous amount. Did anyone check to see how many wins it takes to get progression? (About 20 if climbing 24hrs in to an event) Who with a 4* or 5* roster doesn't hit 1200?! Any in s1, 3 or 4 would get that easily. The only way folks wouldn't get 1200 were if they were just starting or didn't know how to match 3. It just feels yet again that D3 don't understand the dynamics of their own game or their higher level players. Let's hope this is just test that comes to nothing. 40 wins... smh
  • fun_and_gun
    fun_and_gun Posts: 120 Tile Toppler
    Options
    so, every pvp event shard lasts 2.5 days (60 hrs).  to get 40 wins, you have to play and win every 1.5 hrs from when the shard opens.  who cares about sleep and other life obligations!
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Great change! I've been waiting a long time for this. In fact, that is my only complaint: why did it take 3 years to implement this?
  • lokiagentofhotness
    lokiagentofhotness Posts: 192 Tile Toppler
    Options

Very true... But it also flies in the face of what is being touted as normal.... For the record I've been playing in slice 4 lately.. mainly for the points... If this system is instituted I will rethink that for sure.

Slice 2 is going to get a lot more busy
    Good luck I hear the regulars there are real tinykitties.

• Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yeah, 40 matches to get a 4* cover is too many.  I, like many others, play for the larger point matches.  About 80% of the time, as soon as I hit the 650 mark, I stop playing.  Let the folks I hit retaliate, makes no difference to me as I don't really play for placement, just the progression rewards.  That being said, I will try this new method and see.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I stop paying after 575, now I'm thinking I will just beat on way lower rosters and mainly 20 points matches. 
    retaliations should keep my score down so I keep seeing the same easy matchups.
    I'm sure there is something i didn't think of, and 40 wins sure sound like a lot, but I'm going to give it a try. 

now make the 4* cover something useful, don't bomb your test because you are greedy and give out elektra or mordo. 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ammenell said:

now make the 4* cover something useful, don't bomb your test because you are greedy and give out elektra or mordo. 
    It's Xforce Black.
  • Edgeman
    Edgeman Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I strongly support the idea of separating progression and placement. With number of wins as the unit for progression, we can only go forward to the top award. That's awesome. However, I think 40 wins to get top progression is too many.

I also really like the idea of enabling more players to get the top CP reward with top 10 placement.

Overall, I think the change is awesome, but needs some fine tuning on the number of wins to get progression rewards.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    PVE needs progression only and it needs it yesterday. For pvp lower the wins needed, keep cp in progression and add a new 5* token to the game that can only be obtained by getting top 10 in scl8 and up. Lower clearance levels get heroics or heroic 10 packs for top placement.